LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 startups, and unexpected pitfalls?

On 6/30/2022 at 11:40 PM, oznl said:

Of course the positive interpretation of this is that you are moving forward from an environment of mere tolerance towards green shoots of support.   The cynical daemon on my shoulder however is whispering in my ear that you're on the wrong end of a science experiment.

I have not worked this out yet, but, I also have my suspicions. So far, no other shoe has dropped, but my wife is known for playing the long game. On the other hand, her responses to my unconventional preferences in the underwear department have moderated quite a bit from the early days when she asked a good friend of mine and his wife to comment on if my pants looked too big, knowing that I was wearing a big plastic diaper under there. 

In other news, I was all set to declare Northshore's Megamax the official diaper of getting stuff done in the summer, but then I was beset by stage 4 malignant diaper rash that came on so fast and so fiercely that it took my breath away. A couple of things may have conspired to precipitate it: first of all, I finished my tub of Desitin and switched over to a generic store brand diaper cream. Those have generally worked for me before, but I've been trying new ones, in an attempt to find one that still has the baby powder scent - they used to all have that smell, and now none of them do, it would seem. On a side-note, I have since discovered that Walmart's generic diaper cream DOES have that smell. So now I own a couple of them, but I haven't opened them yet. Walmart is not involved with my diaper rash, as far as I know. 

SO, I switched to generic diaper cream, and then I did a bunch of work outdoors, went for a swim, put back on the same Megamax I'd had on before the swim, which I almost never do, but, it was at maybe 1/3rd of its capacity and I planned to drink beers with my buddy so I figured I was taking a shower and changing my diaper later, anyway. But then I fell asleep in a chair, got up, stumbled to bed, fell asleep again, woke up in a now notably-wet diaper, took the dog out, had coffee, ended up doing some cleaning up from the party, and walked around in old shorts outside my house until I thought the diaper was going to fail, so I went in to get changed. Here, I think, is where I made the fatal error: I decided to cut my grass, because it was going to rain later. SO I threw on a cheap drugstore disposable (Depends) that I only needed to get 90 minutes out of. 

Grass cut, diaper nearly at the failure point (on a side note, what are these things good for? Do people who prefer them use 12 a day?), I took a shower, then put on a Rearz plastic disposable, I think a Lil' Monster. I wore that for the rest of the night, and since I'd already showered and the diaper had some capacity left and I don't wet much overnight, generally, I went to bed in it. The next morning I walked around outside, and I started to feel a bit of irritation down below, so decided to shower and change my diaper a bit earlier than I normally would. Well, when I had a look at the conditions below during that change, I was astounded - much of the topography in the crevices where the leg gathers ride was an angry, raw red. It had advanced with the speed of a brushfire, apparently.

So here I am today, applying anti-fungal spray to the area and wearing a Rearz Active Air that I will be changing prematurely. I had had such a good run with no nappy rash. This is really disappointing. But, survivable. I will just have to do what people who wear diapers have been doing since time immemorable - I'll have to navigate this from inside my diaper, since I have no other options...

I’m very happy for you, man. I’ve read your tales for quite a while and always got the feeling that she was more understanding than you were thinking (which is odd, I know, since I don’t actually know you or your wife). 

But things do have a way of getting normalized with time, like a tiny continuous stream eventually carving away at solid rock. 

• Like 2

I spent most of last night lounging around the house in an ABU Alphagator, after returning home from helping a friend of mine repair drywall in a bathroom after a leak behind the tub. I wore a Rearz Lil' Monster to that, under a onesie, and I thoroughly abused it, because in addition to working in sweltering conditions, of course, we went to a pub afterwards. When I got home and dropped my shorts, my Monster looked pregnant, and I realized when I stripped off the diaper shirt that the middle of it around the snaps had in fact become damp, although my shorts were not. I suspect wicking from the leg elastics, one of which may have worked its way into the interior of my diaper. 

I eyed the bed, where my wife was knitting and watching TV, but decided a shower was necessary, and that I'd be pushing my luck staying in that diaper. The front was at 100% but the back still had what felt like half of its capacity, owing, I guess, to how I was positioned or whatever. I find in general those diapers do a better job of distributing the incoming fire, but not this time. I went to my diaper drawer and realized that I'd had the ABU in there for a week or so, because it was never the right "occasion" for such a diaper, the reason being that they are both expensive, and, they get really big when they swell up. I'd put them into a category also occupied by Rearz' Mermaid Tales, for example - a diaper where you need an 18 hour stretch to make wearing one worthwhile. It was around 9 PM... I knew I wasn't going anywhere other than to my home office until probably dinner time the next day, no contractors coming... okay. Checklist complete. Giant Pamper Cruiser replica it will be. 

My older daughter was out for the night and my younger daughter came home from dance exhausted and went to bed, so, I was able to spend the rest of the waking evening hanging out with my wife in just that diaper, and as I type this, I'm still in it. Although these have the appearance of a "novelty diaper", I can assure you that they are a serious undergarment. If they distributed these in nursing homes, people's aggregate reported happiness would go up by 25%, I'd wager. And their laundry budget would fall. They are decadently comfortable, hold a lot, have great tabs, are as resistant to leaks as any good diaper, and, of course, they also look cute, if that's what you're after. 

My wife, as we've discussed, is more or less immune to anything I put on these days, and I saw her give my diaper exactly one glance, when I had it in my hand while we were talking just before I went into the bathroom to shower and get changed. Later she called me into the hall to discuss pot lights, then when we were standing at the top of the stairs, she handed me the glass she was holding, and requested I go put more ice in it for her. The ice, of course, being in the kitchen, she was obviously expecting that I'd walk downstairs in my diaper, rather than return to our bedroom first to get dressed, so that's what I did. I hesitated slightly just outside the kitchen, because since the renovation we haven't yet installed blinds, and while all my neighbour's houses are some distance away, it being dark outside, if anyone did look over, I'd be rather well lit. We have big windows. I settled on killing the overhead lights and just leaving the ones under the upper cabinets on. 

It felt great to be puttering in my kitchen in just a big, absurdly decorated diaper. I even started looking for things to do, putting away a few dishes and such. Eventually, I made my way back upstairs with my wife's glass with more ice in it, which prompted her to say "I thought maybe you'd taken the dog out or something."

"Dressed like this?" I asked.

"I don't know that it would matter, at this time of night." Was her response. 

Which is in fact a thought I've had - that I could take the dog out, at the back of our house, at night, in just a nappy. However I've confined my poolside diaper lounging and outside diaper strolling to almost never. I've done it a few times late at night when I knew she (and the kids) were in bed, with all the outdoor lights off, because I thought that the idea of it would distress, or possibly enrage her. 

So now I wonder... if we were having a fire and a glass of wine, and the kids were out, and the lights were low... could I wear just a diaper on such an occasion? 

• Like 1

I had another thought to add to the above... I'm pretty much always in my office, wearing some kind of shirt and a diaper, for most of the day when I'm working from home. Whenever I hear my wife coming up here, I always pull on shorts or trousers or whatever I have with me. I'm not sure why that's my rule... my wife sees me in diapers all the time. I was just in the kitchen installing a toe kick on a cabinet, and I know that my diaper was standing well above the waist of my shorts while I was squatting on the floor, for example, and she was standing right behind me. She knows I wear diapers all the time. So maybe I should just omit pulling shorts on when she comes up to my office to use my printer or whatever? Or is that risking pushing her too far? 

• Like 1

Should invest in a robe or something that you can throw on that's just long enough to cover your diapers. It would enable you to walk around pants less whenever you want.

• Like 1
On 4/11/2019 at 2:34 PM, Little Sherri said:

Update: I am on day two of a business trip, and I took only diapers with me, no other underwear. This was definitely flying without a safety net, which I find somewhat thrilling. I also have to not let it distract me - I actually have real work to do. Getting up this morning and having only a choice of a couple of diapers once I got out of my night diaper was interesting - I have never been "stuck" in this position before! Today would be day 13 of 24/7 being in diapers. 

I think you do this out of respect for someone - at least that's what I do. My home office has been relocated upstairs as I wanted a view, I sit there all week in a nappy, plastic pants and t-shirt.  When my wife gets back I always pull my shorts up out of instinct and I think politeness. 

We recently went on a couples trip away just the two of us.  We'd been out, I said I was getting ready for bed, so threw a snap crotch vest on and went to sit down, I got a "put some shorts on too", fair enough, so I did.  Then I wanted to go down to the bar to get a last drink for us and was told to put a t-shirt on as well ... so if your other half is like mine, it's the reluctant acceptance, but just the need to make it more polite for them to look at. I do push the boundaries slightly further every so often, hence sitting down after an evening meal and drink in nappy, plastic pants and vest, but the "put the shorts on" comment was enough for me to know where the line was drawn.  Fair enough.  I'm happy, she's happy.  

On another note, one thing I have read of yours was sleeping with dummies / pacifiers.  I was intrigued and bought one.  I kept it hidden for a while in my top drawer next to the bed (my wife goes to sleep way before me). She was cleaning stuff and in the evening said "oh yes, I found a dummy, why? Is it yours?".  I've no idea who else's it would be, so I said "yes, I like it".  Left it at that.  So now it's known about, I fell asleep with it and left it on the bedside table - next day it was tidied away, nicely.  

Honestly, I know this is a niche for most of the world, but I do feel lucky.

Sorry @Little Sherri, taking over your thread, but I was on a roll! 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Kawaharu said:

That's why I have a t-shirt dress where I can walk around with just my diaper and t-shirt dress on

@Kawaharu

Yes Ma'am - in your case, being in the Coast Guard auxiliary, your T shirt dress with a few modifications could be your Class B uniform. If you were on duty, all I would do to change the type of uniform that you would wear, would be to add your uniform shirt, a tie, your shoes and socks. Underneath all of this, you would wear at least one mega Max, 3 boosters, one pair of trifecta's, (blue in color).  Regardless of what uniform you would wear, you would have your mega maxes underneath: depending on your shift, we would probably double up a little so that you would be comfortable all through your shift.

Your utility uniform would be in the same color as the Coast Guard auxiliary, and I believe that is called a class D work uniform. Of course if you had to respond to an SAR mission, you would probably be wearing your class D work uniform, as wearing your T shirt dress uniform Class B would probably be such that you would be underdressed for that assignment.  If working your day job, we would just make sure that you are comfortable, and your T shirt dress would be perfect. All you have to do just make sure you have comfortable shoes and socks and you're all set *hugs* ?❤️

IDEA,  we give @BabyJeggySpideyBoy A training exercise: aboard barque EAGLE.  We send him up the mast for exercise ??. That way, the little spider gets his exercise, and it gets him out of his chair for a while: as Spiderman, he has incredible power and can go anywhere and is very adept at swinging and climbing!

Brian

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
38 minutes ago, BedWetMark said:

Sorry @Little Sherri, taking over your thread, but I was on a roll! 

Not at all, Mark, not at all. What you said was interesting, and I think, correct - I pull pants on out of respect for her, although I also spend the latter parts of most evenings in our bedroom with just a diaper on, and I mean no disrespect then, either. It also varies by season, because in the winter, I would likely pull the blankets up over my legs, at least part of the time, or I'd throw on pajama pants, although I know the shape of my diaper shows a bit and it always peaks out over the top. That last bit kind of makes me feel a bit like a kid, as an aside, because when I was young I was always doing battle with my diaper showing up at the back of my pajamas or my pants - they didn't make diaper shirts big enough for me to wear after I was 3 or 4. Now, of course, I have a dozen of them, but I only wear them out of the house. 

But I digress. Back to the topic - in the summer, although we have A/C, it's generally somewhat warm up in our room, so will often wear just a diaper and a shirt of some kind, and sit on top of the covers and it's fine.

The pacifiers or dummies are an interesting thing... I may be repeating something that you've read here before, but, in brief, I sued to click my teeth together when I fell asleep, and she'd be elbowing me furiously and telling me to stop, which of course I can't do, because it only happens once I'm asleep. I got a mouth guard from my dentist which protects my teeth, but it makes the noise worse for her. One day on a lark, I decided to try a pacifier, a toddler one that I saw on a rack at the pharmacy. So I started sleeping with that one, and I noted right away that she stopped elbowing me awake a half hour after we went to bed. It took a couple of weeks to get used to it and not spit it out, but I kept it hidden like it was a state secret, putting it away every morning and only putting it in after dark. However, the small dummy put pressure on my teeth. Then one day I was at Rearz and I saw their adult ones so I bought a couple (one of the most stressful purchases I ever made, by the way, up to then - this was back when they had a store. I had to walk up to the counter with a bag of diapers and two adult pacifiers and talk to a lady about how I wanted to pay with a straight face... I'm much better at this now). Those ones with the size 6 (as they call it) nipple are perfect for me. They stay in all night and I never feel anything in my teeth. One epic day probably a year or more later, as I detailed here, I decided to tell my wife that I was wearing diapers, and, I also threw the pacifiers in as a bonus. Well, she told me that she didn't know I'd had diapers on, but, she had noticed the pacifiers some months before when she got up in the middle of the night once and turned on her light. She had no idea why I used them but she had noticed that I didn't click my teeth anymore. 

Now, I think that if I wanted to give up diapers, she'd be fine with it, but giving up the pacifiers might get me divorced. 

• Like 1

Well, I'm in my office today in a diaper shirt over a Northshore AirSupreme. I took a buddy and his family to the airport this morning, hence the onesie - I knew I was going to be bending over and picking up luggage. Once I got back to my office, I ditched the shorts, however. I'm not sure what I'll do if my wife comes up here... is wearing a just onesie over my diaper respectful, @BedWetMark? (See the earlier conversation on this thread, anyone wondering why I asked him that...)

I was lying in bed this morning, having trouble sleeping, which is uncommon for me. I think it was related to my drive to the airport - part of me was worrying about oversleeping my alarm, although I pretty much never do that. So, I was lying there, watching the light get brighter behind the curtains, pacifier in my mouth, just being 'mindful' of my diaper. It still thrills me that I get to wear them all the time. It was a bit warm in our room, because it was on the cool side outdoors, so the A/C wasn't running in the house. The solution would have been to either manually engage the fan, thus bringing air in from parts of the house where two adults and a large dog aren't sleeping all night, or, to open a window. Either would have necessitated activity, so instead, I kicked off my blanket, rolled over, and laid there in just my diaper. Doing that provoked a bit of a nostalgic feeling, because when I was young, we didn't have air conditioning, so in the summer, I tended to sleep in just a diaper, under a thin sheet, which I would often find I had pulled up so that it was only really covering my shoulders. 

I remember furiously pulling and kicking at my covers in an effort to drag them down over my midsection, if my sister came into our room to wake us up (my brother and I shared a room until I was 9 or 10). Not that she hadn't seen me in a diaper a hundred thousand times, but, I always tried to preserve some dignity, however futile it may have been. Which is the opposite of what I do now, basically - I enjoy lounging around in just a diaper in front of my wife. I imagine that if my sister walked into my room now, though, I would probably still take a dive under the covers. Perish the thought. Back then, she never knocked on our door, although it was a cardinal rule that we had to knock on hers before opening it. Somehow it was fine if she walked in on us getting dressed, but not the inverse of that. Although I do recall her complaining to my parents that my brother and I had been "looking at her while she was wearing panties", to which my mom asked, "Where did this occur?" When my sister said it happened in the hallway between her bedroom and our shared bathroom, my mom said "Well put a robe on, then - if you walk around the halls like that, sooner or later you're going to run into somebody."

Which, as a side note, happened to me all the time - then, as now, I did not like taking off or putting on a diaper in front of anyone, so I would always run over to our bathroom to do it, and I swear that my sister used to listen for the sound of our bedroom door opening, and then she'd dash out into the hall and say "I need the bathroom!", and then go in there and take like 40 minutes to do her hair. That left me to go down to the kitchen, in a wet diaper, and pour myself some cereal, rather than being able to get changed first. SO maybe I should thank her, because of course, Today Me wouldn't mind eating breakfast in a wet diaper; I practically do it every day. But Back Then Me was fairly self-conscious, and only liked to wear diapers when nobody was around. Indeed, I never actually admitted to myself that I liked wearing them, however, sometimes on weekends, I'd leave one on under my pajamas or shorts or whatever for a good part of the morning, until my mom noticed or my sister ratted me out, and I was admonished for "being lazy". Wink. 

52 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

Well, I'm in my office today in a diaper shirt over a Northshore AirSupreme. I took a buddy and his family to the airport this morning, hence the onesie - I knew I was going to be bending over and picking up luggage. Once I got back to my office, I ditched the shorts, however. I'm not sure what I'll do if my wife comes up here... is wearing a just onesie over my diaper respectful, @BedWetMark? (See the earlier conversation on this thread, anyone wondering why I asked him that...)

Interesting one. I think I'd be okay with that if it were day time and in my study, but would I feel self-conscious, yes I would. I think more to the point though, I wouldn't be able to do a video call as I think they would know what I was wearing, even if they couldn't see lower than chest height - does that make sense? 

And like you in the heat, I always kick off the duvet and just have nappy + plastic pants on. I find my the morning I've moved the quilt back on though and am hot again ... grrrr

• Like 1

Lest anyone think this 24/7 gig is all sunshine and roses, allow me to tell you how my morning went. I came home at about midnight after hanging out with a buddy in the city. We walked all over the place getting food and beer and just taking in the normal feel of the evening, with lots of people out on a nice night and places open. It didn't feel like there had been an apocalypse recently, which was nice. 

I was wearing a Northshore AirSupreme, which is one of the better cloth-backed diapers in the world. Humid night, I've recently done battle with stage 5 diaper rash, I knew there'd be lots of hiking... I felt that wearing something "breathable" made sense. And the diaper did great. I got home, and hung out with my wife (in my soggy AirSupreme) while she packed up for a trip to a friend's cottage with my younger daughter, and one of her friends and her daughter, the same age as mine. The friend and her daughter were already at our house, and both kids were sleeping in my daughter's room. The friend, and their new puppy, were sleeping in my guest bedroom. 

Eventually I brushed my teeth, showered, put on a Megamax, and went to bed. This morning my wife got up early to pack food up and such, and I tried to sleep in for just a bit longer. I could hear the kids talking in the hall. Then, my bedroom door opened, because they'd decided to summon our dog out to play with the puppy. I quickly pulled my pacifier out of my mouth and dropped it down my shirt, in case anyone came in. Which, it turns out, was a good instinct, because then the puppy, a German Shepherd/Husky cross that's already 3/4 of the size of my full-grown German Shepherd, came barreling through the door, wanting to jump all over my dog. My dog, who is an old man by dog standards, was having none of it. The puppy started barking. My dog started growling. My daughter and her friend piled into the room and started trying to make the dogs "be friends", and the puppy was running all over the place, and my dog was rapidly getting vexed. 

So, there I am, with a maniacal puppy running around my room, my own dog possibly about to go into beast mode, and, two thirteen-year-olds doing a bad job of corralling the puppy around my bed, while I'm sitting up with the comforter pulled up to my chest, wearing a t-shirt and a big plastic diaper, wondering if I was going to have to leap into the fray, if the dogs started going at it. I'm strongly suggesting that they need to get the puppy out of my room and give me a chance to get dressed, and then we can try introducing the dogs again, but, the puppy clearly did not understand what I was pitching. I finally had to switch over to sharper tones, and say "GET OUT so I can GET DRESSED, leave the dogs if you have to." SO the two girls shuffled out of my room, but stood just outside the door, while I leaped out of bed, pulled shorts on, and steered the puppy away from my dog and out of the room, while thanking my dog for not escalating the situation, despite notable provocation from the seemingly meth-addled interloper. 

So, yeah, sometimes unexpected stuff happens while you're wearing a diaper, when you wear diapers all the time. 

11 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

two thirteen-year-olds doing a bad job of corralling the puppy around my bed

Based upon direct parental experience, I have developed a theory that teenage collective IQ reduces as a function of the number of teenagers in a group.

CI = (Σ(IQ)/N))/N

Where:

• CI = Collective IQ (how smart they are as a group)
  • IQ = IQ
  • N = Number of teenagers

Let’s say you have 2 x 13 year old girls with an IQ of 120 each.

Some might suggest that the COLLECTIVE IQ might be 240 (uh, nope), or the more pessimistic might suggest that it would remain at 120 since no girl could be smarter than the other (still wildly optimistic).

If you use my formula, you'll see that their effective IQ is actually now 60

The more teenagers you add together, the dumber the decisions.

You’re lucky there weren’t three of them.  You’d have been in the ER or on the news or possibly both…

• Like 1

My wife and younger daughter are up at a friend's cottage this week, and since elder daughter keeps the hours of a vampire, it pretty much feels like I have the house to myself. Which has a novel feel to it, but, it's not the same as it used to be - and in my opinion, that's a good thing. I've written before about how I used to try and engineer opportunities to have the house to myself, sending my family on trips a few days before I joined them, and such, because of "work". Now that I'm 24/7, it's no longer necessary to carve out achingly-craved "diaper time" for myself, because diaper time is all the time. 

I remember when I started this thread, I was considering shutting the water off to all the toilets in the house for a couple of weeks and seeing how that went. I didn't end up doing that, then, and I don't think I'll do it now, either. Although I wonder what my daughter would do if I shut the water off in her bathroom. I imagine at some point she'd have to seek me out. That, or call 911.

I ate breakfast in the kitchen this morning in just a diaper; that felt kind of novel, I guess. I can't do that with my kids around, obviously, and I while I suppose I could in front of my wife, as discussed a few posts ago, I tend not to. My time spent only in a diaper pretty much confined to when I'm in my office for the day (such as right now, in a Lil' Monster), or, later in the evenings in our bedroom, where diaper lounging has become accepted practice. In my previous house, I actually frosted a couple of the front-facing windows that didn't have blinds or curtains on them, so that I could walk about on the main level in just a diaper when my family was out. In this house, trees provide pretty uniform privacy, unless someone comes walking up my driveway or across my yard. 

I may take advantage of this time to wear cloth diapers; as I've noted before, I don't often wear them in front of my wife, for reasons I can't explain, even to myself. Maybe it's the printed plastic pants? But I wear printed diapers all the time. Tonight, elder daughter is staying over at a friend's place, so I think once I've dropped her there, it may become a cloth diaper night. 

In this inflationary market, it's interesting to note the number of sale offers I'm getting in my inbox from diaper companies. I have a LOT of inventory right now, and I could go a few months without purchasing anything, but part of me worries that doing so might be a mistake, because what if, when I actually need more, they've all gone up 50%? Ergo, when Bambino offers 40% off, maybe I SHOULD be buying, morally? Or am I falling for their tactic? 

Nothing moral about it, it's fiscal. If I see something that I use regularly, is exactly what I use, does not go off or expire in any way and is on sale I buy it.

Of course living on my own gives me that capability with storage so your mileage may vary. Though at the moment there is only one way prices seem to be going and that is up.....

I do have some cloth diapers, though not many and i never use them solely. Living in England tends not to give you the same drying opportunity you may get in sunnier climes and I don't have space for a tumble drier, so they tend to stay a sodden mass for ages....not good, so I use them for leak protection overnight only on top of a disposable.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I ate breakfast in the kitchen this morning in just a diaper; that felt kind of novel, I guess. I can't do that with my kids around, obviously, and I while I suppose I could in front of my wife, as discussed a few posts ago,

Funny you bring this up as right now in the south of England it's 30c (currently 2200 hours and still 27c outside).  Whilst that might not seem hot to you, in the UK towns with higher density buildings and no air con to be seen anywhere, it is uncomfortable.  I'm going to go to the office tomorrow for some aircon ... 

Anyway, sat in my study today, my t-shirt was a sweat patch mess and my shorts were annoying me.  My wife doesn't work on Mondays and will occasionally bring me a drink. To forewarn her, I text down and said "I'm too hot, shorts and t-shirt off" (I was declining video calls, made up some BS about the camera).  So I just felt that managing expectations on seeing the husband working in nothing but a nappy, was the best way to handle seeing your husband working in nothing but a nappy.  Seemed to work fine. 

It's only going to get hotter here too.  Nothing wrong with the climate though ....... ?

• Like 1

Well, there’s another upside to wearing diapers when you live in the country… when the power goes out, and water from 100 feet below the ground is in no rush to assist with clearing out the contents of our porcelain bowls, people in diapers needn’t worry about that. The power is back on, hence, the internet, hence this.

I’m watching TV and eyeing a cloth prefold and some printed plastic pants stacked on my wife’s side of the bed, with a couple of white diaper pins on top. At one time, a stack like that might have inspired dread in me (particularly when visiting), but now, the feeling is more one of anticipation mixed with vague trepidation. It’s only me making me wear it now. I’m mostly looking forward to it, as wearing cloth is fairly novel, but I have the sense, however inaccurate, that if stuff goes down - if the house catches fire or lightning hits the barbecue or the dog gets hit by a car - that dealing with it, whatever “it” ends up being, would be easier wearing a disposable than a pinned-on nappy under plastic pants. However, really, if a tornado comes through, presumably I’ll have bigger things to worry about than the impression my soggy underpants make on others, whatever form they may take.

Such are the places my mind goes.

I’m repeating myself I know but if I had my ‘druthers, I would wear cloth to bed every night.

In bed, nobody cares if you look like a teletubby.

It’s not just the sheer comfort of them but the effortless way in which they contain leaks.  Which way I’m “pointing” or in what orientation I’m laying is completely irrelevant to a securely fitted and pinned cloth nappy under plastic pants.

And then, there’s the awesome economic and environmental efficiency of them.

It’s the high-visibility laundry logistics and lack of odour control that have my spouse on the warpath over them.

Having said that, the ‘kins prefold I bought as an experiment has proved untrustworthy and so I rarely use it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
29 minutes ago, oznl said:

Having said that, the ‘kins prefold I bought as an experiment has proved untrustworthy and so I rarely use it.

I tried just about everything on the market before I found what worked best for me.  I've still got a number of useless one-off buys that I ought to have got rid of by now.  But you can't beat a Chinese fold terry nappy for overnight security.  Particularly with an extra soaker in there to make sure there can't be any gaps tween leg and cloth.

• Like 1

Not sure if I'm hijacking or not but I mainly have prefolds... well before I had to box them up due to an unsuccessful move situation out to the middle of nowhere (been 3 years now and still living in 1 room with 2 other family members)

Anyways I had a few pockets and a velcro fitted that I got too fat for before moving, lol. It's been 3 years since I wore my prefolds and I'm pretty sure they won't fit my thick thighs and gut anymore lol. Had the sides of my plastic pants rip so to save space I tossed them out.

I want to try making flats with an adult sized version of newborn shaped cloth diapers, you know the square ones not the hourglass shape that you normally see.

Anyway I'm sorry again if I hijacked the thread, not my intention.

• Like 1

Not at all, @Thad. It's always interesting to hear from other "Diapernauts". 

So I'm sitting in my office at close to 10 am, still in the cloth diaper I put on last night right before bed. I had forgotten that I need to wrestle the recycling to the end of the driveway, so, to quote @oznl, I probably looked like a Teletubby with athletic shorts straining over my nursery print plastic pants and bulky prefold. I constrained bending over to when no traffic was passing. Shorts off, I am now enjoying the feeling of a uniform slight dampness enveloping me. 

I had a thought similar to @Thad, when I dug out this cloth diaper, namely, would it fit me? I have gained a bit of weight, but evidently not enough to punt me into another size category for cloth diapers or plastic pants. However, I had forgotten one aspect of wearing reusable, pinned diapers when ones practice is not to engage in the second of nature's callings in my diaper. I can only imagine what doing the laundry would be like. I'd have to get some liners, I guess, if I ever decided to head in that direction. But back to the main thrust of my thought... so I woke up just slightly damp, not from anything that happened overnight as far as I can tell. I went downstairs and took the dog out, while sipping a coffee, and unconcernedly dribbling every 15 minutes or so as is my usual wont. Then, the coffee did its job, and I headed for the washroom. 

When I drop a wet disposable in order to use the potty like a big boy, I unfasten one side of it, generally, unless it's really snug, in which case I might have to also pop the lower tab on the other side. My theory, in any case, is that the fewer tabs I open, the less likelihood there is that I will precipitate a tab failure. I shimmy the diaper down one leg, and then do what I need to do, exactly like when I was a kid (I didn't poop in my diapers then, either, after, I don't know, age 3 or something). 

However, a folded cloth diaper is wet ALL over, and, when you unpin one side and slide it down, all the folding goes to hell and it just becomes a damp rectangle with two of the four corners fastened together. Worse, whereas I have long mastered the standing disposable self-diapering, I much prefer to play around with getting the pinning on of cloth underwear done while lying down, because I'm not as proficient at it and I hate having to adjust, sometimes I prick my fingers. But how best to do that with a wet diaper? @oznl, @Stroller, any thoughts? 

I decided to drop it in the shower stall so that I could simply rinse the floor off, and, to awkwardly pin it on again by leaning against the wall, also in the shower stall. It was inelegant and the middle is a folded, wet badlands, rather than a smooth road of folded cotton, but I'm in it, so victory is mine. Let's see how long she lasts. 

13 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

when the power goes out, and water from 100 feet below the ground is in no rush to assist with clearing out the contents of our porcelain bowls,

My grandma lived on the farm, and I’d visit for a week every summer.  One year the power went out while I was on the toilet, so that one last flush was it. 

For the rest of the night, my idea (in my head, only) was to use my cousin’s pull-ups. Her idea was for me to pee outside, behind the barn. 

Hers won out.

• Like 2

My wetting is so erratic right now and I have no clue why. Over the last few weeks I've had my cloth night diapers leak BADLY on multiple nights. No worries because I have a really thick robust vinyl sheet on the bed but I was joking with my partner about our bed linens never being cleaner. Her answer to this problem is not less water intake, it was to refold my diapers. I use both adult cotton flannel night diapers from Angel Fluff and store bought cotton birdseye baby diapers. The adult diapers I use as the outside shell and the baby diapers as soakers. I had 6 adult diapers, 2 medium weight and 4 heavy weight. I was adding 6 baby diapers folded to fit down the center and this has always worked good. My partner took them apart and put 2 adult diapers together so instead of having 6 diapers in my cupboard I now only have 4. This means that she took all the soakers and split them up somehow into the 4.

As you can imagine, this has made the nightly diapering process much more difficult. Thankfully, I have her to diaper me because I'm not sure I could do it myself. When I walk in them I look like I'm headed to the OK corral. So this morning I got up and I wasn't saturated and just my old normal diaper configuration would have been more than sufficient. Just weird how the output seems to fluctuate even though the input is fairly consistent.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 2

I was very impressed with the last minutes of the last chapter of that cloth diaper. I am speaking in the past-tense because now it is in the wash. Were I to have had the foresight (and/or the helpful partner) that @FretaBWet has, I might have thought of putting another adult prefold in there and increasing capacity. As it is, I was working and idly dribbling away, and when I stood up to go plug in a USB cable, I heard the sound of liquid moving, almost like a small brook, from down below. An examination revealed that I had a small lake in the center of my plastic pants, but no loss of containment. Time to hit the shower. 

On the way out of the shower, wrung-out nappy in hand, I spied my bathing suit hanging on the door, and had an epiphany... I've mused here before about wanting to play around with swim diapers, but the geriatric-looking disposable ones I've found for sale so far just make me sad. Well, I'd just taken off a cloth diaper and had a shower, nobody was home, it was lunch time... I tossed that sodden diaper into a bag for later, pulled out a new one, pinned it on, and then slipped my bathing suit on over top of it (no plastic pants, what would be the point?). I went down to the pool deck, and marveled briefly that although I tinker with the thing on a daily basis, I rarely swim in it, and never during weekdays. I stepped into the waters and then, once I'd adjusted to the temperature and I was in past my waist, I slipped off the bathing suit and deposited it by the steps. I was now swimming, free as a... well, fish, I guess... in the middle of the day, in my backyard, in just a diaper. So long as I stayed in the water or sat on the edges of the pool, staying low, unless one of my neighbours walked over to the fence and made an effort to spot me through the greenery, I was out of sight. Standing up and walking around would open up multiple sightlines so would not be a daytime option for the feint of heart (me), but it was lovely to hang out in the sun for a bit in my weird sodden swim diaper, before pulling my suit back on, squelching over to the garage, taking the diaper off, wringing it out, and then tossing it into the washing machine with the one I wore earlier. 

I am going to do this again. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

However, a folded cloth diaper is wet ALL over, and, when you unpin one side and slide it down, all the folding goes to hell and it just becomes a damp rectangle with two of the four corners fastened together. Worse, whereas I have long mastered the standing disposable self-diapering, I much prefer to play around with getting the pinning on of cloth underwear done while lying down, because I'm not as proficient at it and I hate having to adjust, sometimes I prick my fingers. But how best to do that with a wet diaper? @oznl, @Stroller, any thoughts?

I'm kind of surprised you were able to re-pin it at all after it was wet.  My experience is that the cotton fibers swell when wet and strongly resist pin re-insertion.

I have found that "snappis" work surprisingly well at adult-scale and CAN be used to snug up a disturbed diaper.  For a folded/pinned diaper during the day, a onesie of a compression pant is a must for me.  I find them prone to sagging otherwise.

For putting on cloth diapers, even with the Rearz "omutsu" velcro numbers, I find that putting them on myself whilst laying on the bed seems to work best (which is obviously a problem if it's already a bit wet).  Its only the pull-on cloth diapers that I can use and re-use from standing in such a fashion without compromising their initial integrity.

Conventional baby cloth flat diapers make good boosters or even liners if you need.  You can bomb them with bleach and if they don't survive that long, no drama, they cost very little.

• Like 1