LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What diapers did you use when you were a baby?

HighVoltage

I'm very much an old geezer. I grew up in the 40's and 50's. So I wore cloth diapers as a baby and toddler. I also wore real rubber pants that came in a card board tube at first before plastic pants arrived on the scene.

20 hours ago, adhb said:

I'm very much an old geezer. I grew up in the 40's and 50's. So I wore cloth diapers as a baby and toddler. I also wore real rubber pants that came in a card board tube at first before plastic pants arrived on the scene.

Like these?

IMG_6329.webp

IMG_6330.jpeg

I wish I could find the colored ones. I only have pink, and the yellow in my collection. 

It's been over 70 years since I wore rubber pants that came in a cardboard tube. So my memory is a bit hazy. However, I think that the tubes looked approximately like your picture.

• Like 1

@olympusis correct.  The disposable diapers of that era were thick, bulky and crinkly.  There was no doubt about what someone was wearing.  If they couldn't see the bulk and outline of the diaper under clothes they could hear the crinkle.  Also due to the type of padding that was used you could feel when you were wet.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, hlcl said:

@olympusis correct.  The disposable diapers of that era were thick, bulky and crinkly.  There was no doubt about what someone was wearing.  If they couldn't see the bulk and outline of the diaper under clothes they could hear the crinkle.  Also due to the type of padding that was used you could feel when you were wet.  

I really wish Pampers would go back to that style of diaper. It sounds like the '70s version of Pampers diapers had everything that us Littles would want in a baby diaper. Thick, bulky, absorbent, and crinkly with every move. Sounds like the perfect diaper to me. I wonder if they also had that baby diaper smell that we love so much. If they did, then that would truly be the perfect diaper.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Baby Helix said:

I really wish Pampers would go back to that style of diaper. It sounds like the '70s version of Pampers diapers had everything that us Littles would want in a baby diaper. Thick, bulky, absorbent, and crinkly with every move. Sounds like the perfect diaper to me. I wonder if they also had that baby diaper smell that we love so much. If they did, then that would truly be the perfect diaper.

Actually they weren't all that absorbent. SAP didn't come into use iuntil the '70s. The earlier diapers just used "fluff" which only holds about 11 times its weight. And any squeezing just made the liquid come out.