LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bambino Diapers Brand

DailyDi

Now what happened to my comment about the paid Bambino spokesperson?

Did I get a little bit too close to the truth there?

Deleted over 20 attack posts. This is a diaper review thread, not bambino vs dry or "X" vs Adrian. Reviews only please.

• Like 2

I have been in this Bambino X since 11 am this morning, and it's now 7:31 pm (pst) and as you can see (maybe) It's pretty soaked :blush: I have been out and about in and out of the car, and walking around shopping and going to the bank etc, all the while peeing as I needed to. Not floods, but a bit here and there as needed. I was concentrating on keeping myself empty, and just dribbled my way through the day. The last couple of hours I did more, like a cup at a time (can't give precise measurements...sorry:P ) but it would have soaked my pants if I wasn't in a diaper. With all that going on, the moving around, walking and sitting, in and out of the car etc, this thing has held up VERY well. :thumbsup: No tapes have popped off, especially the legs, which are tight on me. This thing is a fricking SPONGE! :o it just keeps going and going!! I'm going to keep it on and push it as far as I can.....I might even end up with a messy didee as well, ,as I just had dinner :blush: and no, I'm not going to take the thing off to use the potty :P so there.

Anyways, with all the use today, it hasn't leaked either. Though, for some reason the bottom of my shirt is wet from around the waistband if the diaper.

I'm wearing it under my jeans, and nothing else as a cover...daring I know :P

I'm amazed with it's performance and comfort. I was looking for my terry lined plastic pants to put over it, just incase it leaked (which it hasn't) but I can't find them :badmood:

So thats about it for me, sitting here in a soaked (and getting soggier) bambino X and very happy with it. I have a large that I'll try later, but these are a pretty impressive, and cute and FUNCTIONAL product...

As far as I'm concerned Bambino did a good job with this one as well.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:D

• Like 1

Ok, it's 11:50 pm and I had been in that beast for around 12 hours :blush: I finally changed as it was leaking....finally. It was hard to tell because I finally found my terry lined plastic pants and had those on to support the thing. I changed out of it and it left red marks on my thighs the legs were so snug, it smelled and I also balled it up and weighed it, just for kicks....and....AND....

2 to 2 1/2 pounds of pee, after 12 hours :P

Thats it, it was soaked front to back and couldn't hold more, unless I was standing, which I wasn't. If I was standing it would have allowed wetness to pool or gather in the middle more, but it was soaked...period.

It worked well as it was supposed to, was comfortable.....to a point, and looked good, and didn't make much noise under my (loose fitting) jeans. The padding didn't fall apart AT ALL :D and it just worked well all around. It would make a good night diaper. The tapes held too...all 4 of them, and they were snug to the point of leaving marks on my legs as I said above...I can get you a pic if you don't believe me. :P

So there ya have it, another great all around Bambino product. It absorbs well, swells up great, hold a good amount because it's loaded with SAP, the padding DOESN'T fall apart when saturated, which this one was. It stays together even during activity, (walking a lot and getting in and out of a car) sitting and just general daily activities.

I don't know what more anyone could want *shrug*

I still have the large one I'l play with later. For now I'm back in my comfy cloth and plastic pants for the night :D

laters!

*waves*

I noted when I first opened up the samples that the New Diaper and Teddy looked about the same in dimensions when folded but that the New Diaper seemed to weigh significantly more. I finally found my postage scale and was able to weigh them:

New Diaper - 7g

Classico/Teddy/Active Ultra - 5.5g

So the Teddy, Classico, and Active Ultra all weigh exactly the same but the New Diaper is a full 1.5g more than those. That's probably the extra sap right? What I also find interesting is that while the Teddy and the New Diaper are both, when folded, about the same dimensions as noted. The Classico is a bit smaller than the Teddy and the Active Ultra is way smaller, a full 3 cm narrower. It's also a lot thinner when folded than all the Bambinos. I've noted full measurements below. I didn't measure thickness as that can be all over the place for the same diaper depending on compression and where you choose to measure. I'm thinking the differences between the Classico and the Teddy may be that I have the old run of Classicos and the new run of Teddies.

New Diaper/Teddy - 15 x 19 cm

Classico - 14 x 19 cm

Active Ultra - 12 x 19 cm

I also weighed everything else I have at the moment while I had the scale out. I've excluded the Dry 24/7 as that seems to cause a lot of contention. I'd say that the New Diaper compares well to the Abena X-Plus based on weight as well as my own usage. The difference for me being, due to lower rise and smaller sizing, they fit me a whole lot better than the Abena.

A little off topic but this also kind of confirms that the Molicare Super is basically Molicare's ATN. They're both very similar in pulp/sap, thickness, fit, and apparently weight. The Molicare is just more spaceage with it's elastic tapes and breathable side panels.

Abena X-Plus - 7g

Molicare Super Plus - 5.75g

Wellness - 5g

Attends Extended Wear - 5g

Molicare Super - 4g

ATN - 4g

I've worn double cloth diapers out in public. Far thicker than any disposable could ever be. Nobody has ever said a thing. The whole "People can see if you have a dip on under your clothes!" is a myth. The general public is so oblivious to the world around them that you'd have to do something like wear a clown suit to get any attention at all.

Or skip the pants when you wear in public. :D

I noted when I first opened up the samples that the New Diaper and Teddy looked about the same in dimensions when folded but that the New Diaper seemed to weigh significantly more. I finally found my postage scale and was able to weigh them:

New Diaper - 7g

Classico/Teddy/Active Ultra - 5.5g

So the Teddy, Classico, and Active Ultra all weigh exactly the same but the New Diaper is a full 1.5g more than those. That's probably the extra sap right? What I also find interesting is that while the Teddy and the New Diaper are both, when folded, about the same dimensions as noted. The Classico is a bit smaller than the Teddy and the Active Ultra is way smaller, a full 3 cm narrower. It's also a lot thinner when folded than all the Bambinos. I've noted full measurements below. I didn't measure thickness as that can be all over the place for the same diaper depending on compression and where you choose to measure. I'm thinking the differences between the Classico and the Teddy may be that I have the old run of Classicos and the new run of Teddies.

New Diaper/Teddy - 15 x 19 cm

Classico - 14 x 19 cm

Active Ultra - 12 x 19 cm

I also weighed everything else I have at the moment while I had the scale out. I've excluded the Dry 24/7 as that seems to cause a lot of contention. I'd say that the New Diaper compares well to the Abena X-Plus based on weight as well as my own usage. The difference for me being, due to lower rise and smaller sizing, they fit me a whole lot better than the Abena.

A little off topic but this also kind of confirms that the Molicare Super is basically Molicare's ATN. They're both very similar in pulp/sap, thickness, fit, and apparently weight. The Molicare is just more spaceage with it's elastic tapes and breathable side panels.

Abena X-Plus - 7g

Molicare Super Plus - 5.75g

Wellness - 5g

Attends Extended Wear - 5g

Molicare Super - 4g

ATN - 4g

Thanks! Good objective evidence that it is bigger instead of just opinions.

People were debating the thickness, not the width or mass. I pointed out much earlier in this debate that they were wider. I think that contributes to how it feels between your legs. I'm glad somebody put ruler to diaper but that's still not the same thing as thickness.

• Like 1

Yeah with the weighing I was just trying to satisfy my own curiosity.

Thickness is really hard to measure. I even have electronic calipers and you can be measuring by the millimeter and get totally different measurements each time you measure the same diaper. The padding compresses and expands and the thickness varies all over the place depending on where you're measuring on most brands. I may do some measurements later and do multiple measurements and then either put it down as a range or as an average.

Yeah, makes sense. This is really a matter of a company's claims right now vs their reality. If people really want an answer to this question that's probably the only way to do it. Of course a denser diaper core would compress less than a fluffy one too, so there are a number of complicating factors.

These are all in size Medium and measured while folded because they're a lot easier to measure that way and I don't want a bunch of unfolded diapers laying around. It should give a sort of general idea but won't be hyper accurate, but like I said it's hard to be hyper accurate anyway. I also measured as close to the center as I could and the diapers all have also been out of bags for some time so should be fully decompressed.

I also wasn't a light touch with the calipers. I didn't try to squeeze them as tightly as they could go but I also did put some pressure on them. That may explain with the Molicare measures out the thickest as it compressed the least.

Molicare Super Plus - 37mm/1.46 in.

Dry 24/7 - 35mm/1.38 in.

Abena X-Plus - 35mm//1.38 in.

Bambino New Diaper - 33mm/1.3 in.

Bambino Classico - 31mm/1.2 in.

Bambino Teddy - 30mm/1.18 in.

Unique Wellness - 27mm/1.06 in.

Active Ultra - 26mm/1.02 in.

Tranquility ATN - 25mm/0.98 in.

Molicare Super - 24mm/0.94 in.

Take these measurements with a grain of salt though. Different folding methods can make some appear thinner or thicker than others, the measurements I supplied previously should give some more context for that. The Active Ultra for example is folded up smaller than any of the Bambinos but is still much thinner. Finally there's something like 5mm of variation in the measurements on any given diaper so don't put too much stock in a difference of 2-3mm of thickness. I've posted the average of 3 measurements from slightly different locations.

I only have the new unfortunately and yes all measured where mediums. The "old" medium is the new small correct? One of these days I'll buy some. My next big order though after trying a bunch of different samples I think will end up being the new Bambinos, some Active Ultras, and my standby favorite Molicares.

I only have the new unfortunately and yes all measured where mediums. The "old" medium is the new small correct? One of these days I'll buy some. My next big order though after trying a bunch of different samples I think will end up being the new Bambinos, some Active Ultras, and my standby favorite Molicares.

That's correct. The new medium is actually functionally larger than Bambino's larges, making it a bit rough to measure the two mediums in parallel in any way.

Yeah I debated on adding but I threw it in there in the end. The more pertinent comparison I think though is between the three Bambino varieties and the Active Ultra as they're all built on more or less the same mold as it where.

From a less empirical stand point the Molicare, Abena, all three Bambinos, and Active Ultra all feel the same thickness wise when wearing them. Which is odd given that they range by as much a full half inch in my measurements. Even weirder is that the Wellness brief measures thicker than the Active Ultra but feels a whole lot thinner more in the range of the ATN and Molicare Super.

I got my sample pack to day and I must say the new print is the best. The New Medium size is Not much smaller then the old size (I put them side by side) The diaper has a nice weight to it dry that thing is filled with SAP and will hold a lot!! My Next pay check I am going to buy a case of them

Interesting from square duck's pics that it really does seem to wick to the wetness to the back of the diaper. This is good.

On this, I have to admit that I spent a good amount of time sitting. either driving or here at my desk and computer. My desk chair also reclines, so I am sure that helped some of the wicking to the back of the diaper while doing my thing :blush:

Other then that, they are a heavier duty extended wear item that works pretty well. heavier duty than the Teddys, and along side other long wear items like Abenas and molicares. Not quite as long as a Dry 24/7 though. i was in one of those on a trip a few months ago, and I couldn't fill the silly thing, and It was in it for probably about 8 hours or so. I finally had to change out of it because I was going to have dinner with a friend and his family and didn't want to show up in a wet diaper :blush:

Most of these 'extended wear" diapers are almost 'to much' and they get uncomfortable after a while, which is kind of sad, but also a waste. They work great, to a point, then you just start feeling you NEED to change.

Like I saiud I was in that thing for about 12 hours, and it needed to come off.

Changing into a nice dry fluffy cloth diaper was wonderful :D

Yes it's nice to have something like this, that wont leak, and absorbs like qwazy. But those times are few between and for daily use, I thinkit might just be a bit to much.

yes it's nice to just let go and relax and not have to worry, like in thinner products, but there comes a point that enough is enough and to much is plenty.

I find that Either a bianco or Teddy is about right for balance. They last long enough,and hold enough to be comfortable and usable and discreet, but not so much that you waste 1/2 the diaper because you can't stand being in it and need to change.

• Like 1