LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bambino Diapers Brand

DailyDi

available in canada ? wooooohoooooo!!!

edit: oh lame, there's no sample pack available, and the minimum order in my size is $45 plus shipping.. maybe i can get a sample sent to me from the states.

Anyone else notice the blue part on the waistband is not centered its to far to the left when wearing the diaper look at it its almost on your side

how is bambinos waist ratings vs the waist sizes they actually fit im a waist size 34 would i fit in a medium good? im think of giving these a try and given the overall excellent ratings i think ill just get a case when i have enough to.

I'm a 34 waist... but I wear size 36 pants to cover the diapers. Mediums fit me perfectly.

Here is the thing - for the Bambino Diaper to absorb as much as it can (the most absorbant diaper on the market) then it has to be able to have the support system (4 tape design) to actually hold it on your body and not droop down off your body. I am not sure but it could probably be done but the diaper would have to give up some of its absorbancy and I think most people like that Bambinos are so absorbant.

Here is the thing - for the Bambino Diaper to absorb as much as it can (the most absorbant diaper on the market) then it has to be able to have the support system (3 tape design) to actually hold it on your body and not droop down off your body. I am not sure but it could probably be done but the diaper would have to give up some of its absorbancy and I think most people like that Bambinos are so absorbant.

3 tape? o_O I think it's fine with four. Other than that, I agree. :D

Guest YkDave

3 tapes would be a little awkward! :D

This has been discussed many times over and 2 tapes (one per side) just doesnt work very well on an adult. Sure it could be done, but for functionality purposes 4 tapes are much better.

though i do have to agree, 2 tapes would be much better for those that arent so worried about functionality as they are feel and appearance

I posted this in the diapers for gamers thread - but wouldn't it be nice if Bambino's new prints were gaming related instead of baby block letters. I can't wait for the new Diablo III line of diapers, or the double thickness diapers designed for FFXIV questing.

One tape on each side is just not feasible for a functional adult diaper.

I beg to differ:

post-15278-1246262694_thumb.png

Attends Slip

post-15278-1246262754_thumb.jpg

Simplicity 3D Plus

If the tapes are big enough (tape surface area scaled up from a baby diaper tape to match the size of the adult diaper), then there's no reason why a single tape won't work. Will two or more tapes per side give a better fit? For some body types, absolutely. But if your hip/waist sizes are close, there's not reason a single large tape per side won't work.

I beg to differ:

Attends Slip

Simplicity 3D Plus

If the tapes are big enough (tape surface area scaled up from a baby diaper tape to match the size of the adult diaper), then there's no reason why a single tape won't work. Will two or more tapes per side give a better fit? For some body types, absolutely. But if your hip/waist sizes are close, there's not reason a single large tape per side won't work.

Yepers that's true. When adult diapers came around they only had one tape per side. I wore them like that for many years until they changed to two a side. Never had a problem with fit or function. I was so disappointed being a AB before I was Incontinent when they went to 2 tapes then 3 a side. I seriously believe one of the biggest reasons for doing so was to distance them with the "brief" reference from the word and look of a baby diaper. I would love to get my hands on some of those Attends. What version is that? :huh: They look possibly that the person just tucked the bottom tapes in. Don't know, but I still do it with my Molicares now and then. Does look as though they could stand to go down to a small, them tapes are about to touch there. :P

I just got my first bambino classicos. I was surprised at how thick the landing area plastic was (it didn't look it in the photos). I'm not sure how 'realistic' that is (compared to baby diapers), but it certainly looks cute. Does anyone know if the Biancos have the same thick plastic landing area on the front?

In some ways I like these and find them comfortable. Sitting down for instance, they don't seem to bunch up in the bottom and leave "hard" spots that feel like sitting on pepples (compared to some brands). But, I don't know if I'm just putting them on too tight, however it seems that they tend to pinch around the legs. Also, I get irritation in the rump area that I think is resulting from the leak guards. This is a chafing type issue cause it seems exaccerbated by walking. Anyone else have these problems?

Most of the diapers I've used up to now have been the type with the soft outer covers (the "breathable") type. They seem to irritate less than the plastic backed ones. I'd love some feedback on what I'm doing wrong.

Oh, BTW, I bought mediums and I have a 33/34" waste.

Not sure how you are putting the diaper on but try not to put it on too tight...the two lower tapes should be looser than the upper tapes. Also, make sure to put powder or baby oil in that area to reduce friction and help prevent chaffing and rubbing. It is just a matter of not making the tapes too tight. Try that and let us know!

I'll try those. I tend to be sensitive right at the base of the "cheeks" -- typically I put some petrolatum product or zinc oxide (moisture protection). Last night I tried some lanolin cause I'm out of the others. With these diapers, I kind of agree with what others have said about switching to a larger, single tape per side nearer to the top of the diaper.

These diapers do hold a lot and don't feel wet like others. Fit is pretty nice, too. Seems like there's always an adjustment period when trying new stuff. For the last couple of years I've mostly used the cheap Sam's Club (.33/per). Soft exterior and velcro-type tapes. Pretty comfortable, but not terribly absorbant.

I think a 2 tape system would be possible, the tapes would have to be around 6 inches wide and would have to start in the back and be able to be pulled to the front of the diaper, basically look proportional to a baby diaper. Maybe have the kind of velcro system as well so that you can adjust it easily. Maybe that is the next step for Bambino's. Make a diaper that is proportional to baby diapers of today complete with the cloth feel and velcro tapes.

SDB

I personally - hope to God, that Bambino NEVER switches to cloth. That would be a big mistake and I don't think the majority of the ABDL community would like that - or if they did - still keep the plastic ones. But, I think there are more dynamic to a 2 tape system then many people know about otherwise you would see 2 tape systems in more adult diapers. I think you would have to give up a lot of absorbency - I don't think it is feasible based on a lot of what I have learned through how a diaper works and what goes into it. I just think its more complex than people make it out to be. But, maybe I am wrong...

I personally - hope to God, that Bambino NEVER switches to cloth. That would be a big mistake and I don't think the majority of the ABDL community would like that - or if they did - still keep the plastic ones. But, I think there are more dynamic to a 2 tape system then many people know about otherwise you would see 2 tape systems in more adult diapers. I think you would have to give up a lot of absorbency - I don't think it is feasible based on a lot of what I have learned through how a diaper works and what goes into it. I just think its more complex than people make it out to be. But, maybe I am wrong...

Ultimately, babies don't have a lot of hip. That's probably the biggest thing. With one tape, it's very hard, if not impossible, to have the diaper be "tight" at every area where leakage needs to be stopped on an adult (from whom, unlike babies, things go in great pressure and quantity) . Leg gathers are completely useless, after all, if there's nothing holding them against your legs.

Guest YkDave

lets not forget that the 'baby fat' on babies also plays a big role in helping to stop leaks!

But, i'd still like to see bambino or someone else introduce a 2tape line of adult baby diapers

I haven't had any problem with the Bambinos tapes at all. Compare to the "cloth" backed diapers I've used, where the tape tends to come unstuck from the back of the diaper. And velcro, while nice for retaping, just doesn't seem to hold as well. That, or the "cloth" backed diapers must stretch over time. I say this because I invariably find myself "resetting" the tapes on those types.

That said, I actually like the cloth-backed types, which are closer to modern baby diapers, and which are a lot cooler to wear and don't stick to the skin.

To each his (or her) own, I suppose. From what I've seen, all diapers are about compromises of some sort.

But, overall, I like the Bambinos. They're comfortable, the plastic is soft, and they hold a lot.

I really wish Bambino would come out with a 2 tape system. Just have the 2 tapes proportionally the same size as baby diapers' tapes. (ie.. If an adult diaper is, say, 3 times the size of a baby diaper, the the tapes would be 3 times the size of the baby tapes) This would make diaper changes faster and easier.

I actually modded some bambinos to use a two tape system....

I ordered a case of smalls (because I was right on the line and wasnted the extrax 8 diapers).... well about halfway through the case I gained some weight and it was a REAL problem getting into them. Took some packing tape (i know it sounds ghetto) and used that for my two tapes. From this experiment I can deduce two things:

1) It was, without question, more 'baby-ish' with two tapes

2) Not at good at stopping leaks as the four tape system :(

Yeh I think there is more to the 2 tape system then most every one thinks. Everyone says to just increase the width of the tapes but it would have to be a pretty big increase that would almost be ridiculous and probably not feasible to hold the absorbency of the what the Bambino holds now.

I am very happy with what Bambino is doing right now - I think they listen to everyone and try to really make the best diaper that everyone wants. I am sure if they could make a specialized diaper for everyone they would but that is just not possible. But, they have the best diaper on the market, best customer service, best absorbency, and for me at least the best fit and most features than any other diaper. If they come out with something new - then awesome! But, they will always be my favorite diaper :D

Yeh I think there is more to the 2 tape system then most every one thinks. Everyone says to just increase the width of the tapes but it would have to be a pretty big increase that would almost be ridiculous and probably not feasible to hold the absorbency of the what the Bambino holds now.

I am very happy with what Bambino is doing right now - I think they listen to everyone and try to really make the best diaper that everyone wants. I am sure if they could make a specialized diaper for everyone they would but that is just not possible. But, they have the best diaper on the market, best customer service, best absorbency, and for me at least the best fit and most features than any other diaper. If they come out with something new - then awesome! But, they will always be my favorite diaper :D

An increased tape-size on a two-tape system would also not leave us with a very adjustable product, let's not forget. One of the big advantages with the four-tape system comes with the fact that we simply are not all the same shape and that two tapes per side leaves the wearer with more options of tape placement for maximum protection than one tape per side.

Well... One critical piece of information is missing here... The baby diapers which people (who like thicker old-style diapers) is something which was produced 2 decades ago. Back then, the diapers were much thicker, used less SAP and were far wider between the legs. That's probably why they absorbed like they did, they had the necessary level of padding. The elastics were enough to keep the moisture in the diaper as much as possible but compared to today's diapers, they were woefully lacking in all these areas. They leaked. And it was a fact of life... So to expect to reproduce a baby diaper from this era in adult sizes (or even in baby sizes) and have it perform the same is impossible...

So there really are two camps here. Those who want the most absorbant, leak-proof product possible and those who want a "play thing" which would be okay if it leaked a little. I'm sure it would be like when they were little and their diapers leaked on their clothes. (But as adults we know what a hassle it is to wash those clothes...) So perhaps what we need is both! A diaper inside a diaper. A regular Bambino made into the inside of a reproduced baby diaper (using the leak guards down the middle in place of the outer elastics...)

I don't think it's fiscally a good plan - to expect Bambinos to be able to reproduce something like a Huggies, Pampers or (my favorite) Luvs from the mid-1980s in adult sizes because their machines are set up to produce the Secure X-Plus diapers. To change the machine to produce a completely different diaper with a very limited audience would never produce enough money to offset the price. That is unless the manufacturer can use these "huge baby diapers" as part of a more realistic Halloween costume kit. But it would be higher prices and might not sell well. But people are strange... they will sometimes go overboard and want to buy a VERY thick diaper to exaggerate the "baby-ness" of the costume. And their waddle. I think it invokes a sense of "cuteness" which attacts the opposite sex. That is unless it gets wet or dirty... <_< I know that many (many many) years ago I one time dressed "baby-ish" for Halloween for a party and I got a LOT of attention from many people and made new friends whom either thought I was either very brave or who-knows-what? But that's more of a one-person, one-day of the year kind of thing, except New Years which could be another 10,000 units or so nationally. Definately not enough to manufacture in bulk quantities.

I would not mind finding a source for the old plastic foil used in these old style baby diapers and try to reproduce them by hand - just for play. And only once in a while.

But as people pointed out, the diapers for babies fit a pretty standard body shape. As adults we have all sorts of sizes and shapes. But I'll save that "complaint" for a different thread.

Got a question. I have a waist of 38.5in and 43in hips. would medium fit? better off getting large?

Also, do their single bags come in a box as well since I am confused about the pic showing a brown box next to a white bag.

I have a 36 waist, and the mediums fit me fine, I think I'm right in the middle of their size range, I tried a large before, but it's too big to fit properly and tended to leak. You would probably be fine with a medium, but I would order samples of both. If you can fit into a large, they're gonna hold more since there's more material there. I usually buy 2 bags at a time, and they always came in a brown box with nothing but a UPS label on it, very discrete. I'm absolutely sure they would never just ship them in the bag itself, not discrete at all, and there would be no chance of it getting to you without getting damaged (I used to work for Fedex, trust me on this one). The samples were also always discrete in an envelope through USPS I think.

Here's some of my recent correspondence with Bambino last week.

"Your home page mentions there may be new products coming up in the coming

months, any more news on new products???"

Bambino: " All our new products will be introduced on the first page of the website around 45 to 60 Days. Stay Tuned!!

-Bambino Customer Service-"

I wonder what they will be! I love the Biancos, and I waited patiently in the dark for the boosters, and bought some as soon as I saw them, they're awesome BTW. I wonder what's next? My vote would be for a double thick diaper. If I were Bambino, and I knew I had new products coming out, I would let people pre-order them before they are available. They may sell quite a few between now and then, I would probably be on that wagon! The freakin suspense just kills me.