LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

how were your parents

oldwetter66

13 minutes ago, ShatterG8 said:

My dad found out that I was researching AbDl stuff online because I was stupid and didn't understand internet history. He spent my entire teenage life treating me really badly because of it all. He also made sure to inform friends, girlfriends, and family friends - so by the time I was grown, I was thoroughly ostracized and thought of as the "weird guy." It's something that was used to hurt me, once he found out about it, and he never let up. 

Aww, that really sucks buddy.😔 I'm sorry you went through that.😟 Big hugs!🤗♥️

• Like 2
On 5/16/2023 at 11:40 AM, stevewet said:

If or should I say when I wet the bed I was always expected to stay in it until morning. Then My face would be rubbed in my wet sheet. 

Angry as she got, I don’t recall mom ever rubbing my face in wet sheets.  But strange as it sounds, I believe a side of me would have enjoyed it.

• Like 1

My mom was pretty good, I’m sure she was not happy, about me coming in to my parents bedroom at, dark o clock to wake her up. I know my dad wasn’t either. My mom was the one to get up to deal with it. I always felt terrible, having to go in and say, I wet the bed. My mom did her duty, and got everything changed. Nothing bad, or good was ever said about it. I guess you’d have to say, it was ok, cause it was dealt with. I hated that damn plastic sheet! When I look back, I think it would have been such a better thing, if mom put me back in diapers and plastic pants. Not a great thing for a little kid’s ego either, but, probably would have got past it. I was potty trained as soon as my mom thought I could do it, 2-2 1/2, 3 nighttime. Then no more diapers!!! She was done with them. And I was not going back to them, even for wet beds! She also thought, I would never stop wetting the bed, if there were diapers. I don’t know, maybe? But what’s the big deal, when it comes to everyone being undisturbed, and getting a good nights sleep. 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, AbabeBill said:

My mom was pretty good, I’m sure she was not happy, about me coming in to my parents bedroom at, dark o clock to wake her up. I know my dad wasn’t either. My mom was the one to get up to deal with it. I always felt terrible, having to go in and say, I wet the bed. My mom did her duty, and got everything changed. Nothing bad, or good was ever said about it. I guess you’d have to say, it was ok, cause it was dealt with. I hated that damn plastic sheet! When I look back, I think it would have been such a better thing, if mom put me back in diapers and plastic pants. Not a great thing for a little kid’s ego either, but, probably would have got past it. I was potty trained as soon as my mom thought I could do it, 2-2 1/2, 3 nighttime. Then no more diapers!!! She was done with them. And I was not going back to them, even for wet beds! She also thought, I would never stop wetting the bed, if there were diapers. I don’t know, maybe? But what’s the big deal, when it comes to everyone being undisturbed, and getting a good nights sleep. 

My nappies were taken away when I was about 8 or 9 on the insistence of our District nurse. She said I was to comfortable in nappies and needed to feel wet and I would soon stop wetting the bed every night. Yeah right. I just had to get used to a soggy smelly bed,

• Sad 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/29/2018 at 2:09 PM, WBxx said:

Dad didn’t seem to care, mom was just the opposite.  As time passed she became more and more frustrated with my bed-wetting.  When I was still young, perhaps four, she stopped changing my bed during the night making me lay in it till morning.  On top of that she scolded and even spanked.  And yet a part of me enjoyed the whole thing … hard to figure.

My mother took care of the discipline for it. My father was against diapers for overage wetting so around 8 or 9 I just woke up in wet pjs and sheets. I was shamed and spanked too. I learned that if I cried at the breakfast table when I woke up wet my mom would go easy on me. I had to start taking care of my own wet bedding and pjs into puberty and by that point the spanking stopped. I made sure to keep the rubber sheet on my bed until I was 17 even after the frequency of my bedwetting decreased.

• Like 1

We’ve got a lot of stuff in common here:

1. An angry, disgusted father insisting this must stop
  2. A mother trying to cope
  3. A year or two, off and on, of unsuccessful efforts to stop my bedwetting 
  4. Parents torn between ending diapers to try to stop it, and my father’s anger at the smell of wet sheets and laundry
  5. A final resignation to the situation and providing diapers to reduce the smell and laundry and morning clean up
  6. My eventually discovering I loved diapers and bedwetting and determining to sabotage efforts to cure me.
  7. My use of what was provided for nighttime to experiment with during the day.

Presto, here I am. I won the battle.

• Thanks 1

My Mom left shortly after I started. She was never really involved.

My Dad has always been great - treated it as no big deal, it is what it is and never made me feel bad. He's actually helped me a lot come to terms with it

19 hours ago, Craig said:

We’ve got a lot of stuff in common here:

1. An angry, disgusted father insisting this must stop
  2. A mother trying to cope
  3. A year or two, off and on, of unsuccessful efforts to stop my bedwetting 
  4. Parents torn between ending diapers to try to stop it, and my father’s anger at the smell of wet sheets and laundry
  5. A final resignation to the situation and providing diapers to reduce the smell and laundry and morning clean up
  6. My eventually discovering I loved diapers and bedwetting and determining to sabotage efforts to cure me.
  7. My use of what was provided for nighttime to experiment with during the day.

Presto, here I am. I won the battle.

I wonder though whether you loved the bedwetting and diapers or liked the attention you got because of it? A counselor once told me that he thought I was engaged in attention seeking and noted that for young people negative attention is often seen as similar to positive attention. I had to complete with six siblings for attention.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, rubbersheetmike said:

I wonder though whether you loved the bedwetting and diapers or liked the attention you got because of it? A counselor once told me that he thought I was engaged in attention seeking and noted that for young people negative attention is often seen as similar to positive attention. I had to complete with six siblings for attention.

So what do you think, was the counselor correct, were you subconsciously wetting for attention?  Waking wet in my early years I sometimes pretended all was fine hoping mom wouldn’t find out.  Wasn’t seeking her attention, I feared it.  And later as a teenager I went to great lengths to hide my now purposeful bedwetting from mom (still not seeking attention).

No, for me bedwetting and diapers are and always have been magically exciting.  They define me.  It’s who I am.  I’m a diapered bed-wetter and proud of it.  And yet, outside my wife everyone thinks I’m a normal guy living a normal middle class life.  Life is strange.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, rubbersheetmike said:

That’s interesting. No, I don’t think attention-seeking was an issue with me. Actually, I wanted a little less attention, at least regarding bedwetting. No siblings. I don’t recall talking to the pediatrician about it, but I would guess my parents did.

I think I just really started to like diapers a whole bunch — found them exciting. Bedwetting then went from something I accepted and tolerated until maybe 8 or 9, to something I loved. I know that happened at least a couple years before I became a teen. Mind you, I was a kid so this was quite a few years back.

It’s not like I recall all the details back then. But the progress went from thinking bedwetting was normal as a pre-schooler, to being informed it wasn’t and realizing something was wrong and suffering through efforts to fix the problem, to the stress created by my father, to everyone finally just accepting it, to me really liking it and doing the opposite to what one would do to try to stop it.  Maybe wanting to spite my father for his making the situation worse by downing water before bed might have played a part? I don’t know. But I think it was the overall fascination with wearing and wetting diapers that was the main motivator. Still is. Anyway, that’s the best I remember it.  

On 9/16/2023 at 2:39 PM, WBxx said:

So what do you think, was the counselor correct, were you subconsciously wetting for attention?  Waking wet in my early years I sometimes pretended all was fine hoping mom wouldn’t find out.  Wasn’t seeking her attention, I feared it.  And later as a teenager I went to great lengths to hide my now purposeful bedwetting from mom (still not seeking attention).

No, for me bedwetting and diapers are and always have been magically exciting.  They define me.  It’s who I am.  I’m a diapered bed-wetter and proud of it.  And yet, outside my wife everyone thinks I’m a normal guy living a normal middle class life.  Life is strange.

I'm not certain I was wetting for attention except to be able to keep the rubber sheet on my bed. I got sent to a couple counselors during my teen years and I was always somewhat skeptical about their conclusions and advice. I knew by the time I was in puberty that I got aroused by bedwetting even though before puberty I disliked waking up with wet sheets and pjs. I never admitted this fetish to a counselor though. I probably didn't even understand what a fetish was at that point.

On 9/16/2023 at 9:34 PM, Craig said:

That’s interesting. No, I don’t think attention-seeking was an issue with me. Actually, I wanted a little less attention, at least regarding bedwetting. No siblings. I don’t recall talking to the pediatrician about it, but I would guess my parents did.

I think I just really started to like diapers a whole bunch — found them exciting. Bedwetting then went from something I accepted and tolerated until maybe 8 or 9, to something I loved. I know that happened at least a couple years before I became a teen. Mind you, I was a kid so this was quite a few years back.

It’s not like I recall all the details back then. But the progress went from thinking bedwetting was normal as a pre-schooler, to being informed it wasn’t and realizing something was wrong and suffering through efforts to fix the problem, to the stress created by my father, to everyone finally just accepting it, to me really liking it and doing the opposite to what one would do to try to stop it.  Maybe wanting to spite my father for his making the situation worse by downing water before bed might have played a part? I don’t know. But I think it was the overall fascination with wearing and wetting diapers that was the main motivator. Still is. Anyway, that’s the best I remember it.  

Thanks for the honest and thoughtful answer. I wasn't allowed to wear diapers for bedwetting beyond early primary school. The belief was that wet sheets and pjs would make me want to be dry at night. You note that after 8 or 9 wetting the bed became something you liked. Do you think that was because of entering puberty?

2 hours ago, rubbersheetmike said:

I'm not certain I was wetting for attention except to be able to keep the rubber sheet on my bed. I got sent to a couple counselors during my teen years and I was always somewhat skeptical about their conclusions and advice. I knew by the time I was in puberty that I got aroused by bedwetting even though before puberty I disliked waking up with wet sheets and pjs. I never admitted this fetish to a counselor though. I probably didn't even understand what a fetish was at that point.

Thanks for the honest and thoughtful answer. I wasn't allowed to wear diapers for bedwetting beyond early primary school. The belief was that wet sheets and pjs would make me want to be dry at night. You note that after 8 or 9 wetting the bed became something you liked. Do you think that was because of entering puberty?

Thanks for following up on my post!

Best I recall, my parents were torn between (1) wet sheets and pajamas and hoping I’’d grow out of bedwetting on one hand, and (2) having me wear diapers with far less personal clean up time in the morning before school and with far less laundry but with risking the possibility diapers would cause bedwetting to persist. Both were tried. I hated waking up in a wet bed wearing wet pajamas — at least for a while. And I always hated washing so much of myself before going to school. I didn’t like getting up early anyway, and having to practically take a bath made it worse. Diapers obviously made the area to be cleaned so I didn’t smell like pee much smaller.

Diapers won out, partly because of my father hating the smell from a wet bed, and partly because I complained about taking a bath or shower before starting the day. And partly out of resignation that bedwetting was persisting well beyond when it should have stopped, and would probably continue regardless of what I would or would not wear to bed.

As I’ve said, by the time I hit 8 or so I started loving diapers and wetting them, so I made sure it did persist. Did entering puberty have anything to do with it? Probably. I know I started shaving occasionally around fifth grade, if that’s any indication. But since I’d already made my peace with bedwetting before that, maybe puberty just pushed things on a bit?

Hope this makes some sense!

On 9/18/2023 at 2:24 AM, Craig said:

Thanks for following up on my post!

Best I recall, my parents were torn between (1) wet sheets and pajamas and hoping I’’d grow out of bedwetting on one hand, and (2) having me wear diapers with far less personal clean up time in the morning before school and with far less laundry but with risking the possibility diapers would cause bedwetting to persist. Both were tried. I hated waking up in a wet bed wearing wet pajamas — at least for a while. And I always hated washing so much of myself before going to school. I didn’t like getting up early anyway, and having to practically take a bath made it worse. Diapers obviously made the area to be cleaned so I didn’t smell like pee much smaller.

Diapers won out, partly because of my father hating the smell from a wet bed, and partly because I complained about taking a bath or shower before starting the day. And partly out of resignation that bedwetting was persisting well beyond when it should have stopped, and would probably continue regardless of what I would or would not wear to bed.

As I’ve said, by the time I hit 8 or so I started loving diapers and wetting them, so I made sure it did persist. Did entering puberty have anything to do with it? Probably. I know I started shaving occasionally around fifth grade, if that’s any indication. But since I’d already made my peace with bedwetting before that, maybe puberty just pushed things on a bit?

Hope this makes some sense!

It makes sense. In my family my father was totally opposed to diapers for overage bedwetting because he felt it made it easier to keep wetting the bed. I had two brothers and one sister who were also overage bedwetters. I don't think our father ever came into my room unless he was angry enough about something to spank me. So the workload fell on our mom who taught us how to use the washing machine and dryer as soon as we were old enough to do that. We only got into trouble if we didn't clean up on our own in the morning. I often would take off the wet pjs and move over to the far side of the bed and sleep in. And I just rolled all the wet stuff into a ball under the bed when I got up in the morning. That sure got me into trouble enough times. Mom would just hang the wet pjs and sheets out on the line to dry and put them back on the bed and tell me if I was too lazy too clean up I would just have to sleep in the soiled bedding and pjs to learn my lesson.

6 hours ago, rubbersheetmike said:

It makes sense. In my family my father was totally opposed to diapers for overage bedwetting because he felt it made it easier to keep wetting the bed. I had two brothers and one sister who were also overage bedwetters. I don't think our father ever came into my room unless he was angry enough about something to spank me. So the workload fell on our mom who taught us how to use the washing machine and dryer as soon as we were old enough to do that. We only got into trouble if we didn't clean up on our own in the morning. I often would take off the wet pjs and move over to the far side of the bed and sleep in. And I just rolled all the wet stuff into a ball under the bed when I got up in the morning. That sure got me into trouble enough times. Mom would just hang the wet pjs and sheets out on the line to dry and put them back on the bed and tell me if I was too lazy too clean up I would just have to sleep in the soiled bedding and pjs to learn my lesson.

Yeah. Parents aren’t always the best at expressing frustrations. Dad was a very rigid man, which could be good sometimes, but not always, and he manufactured stress. “Real boys don’t wet the bed.”  Well, how was that to be interpreted? Some boys do wet the bed, and not by choice. And is it then okay if girls wet the bed? Actually, I think bedwetting is more common in males. And vanishingly few do so on purpose. As those on this site who are trying to become real bedwetters know, it’s apparent that it’s not the easiest thing to develop.

Like I said, I’m not sure how my bedwetting transformed from something I couldn’t stop into something I liked because it got me the diapers I was starting to crave. Along the way I’m sure I rebelled at my father’s belittling by doing things to make my bedwetting worse.

Then it got fun, so it all worked out for the best in a weird sort of way.

• Like 1
On 9/19/2023 at 9:22 PM, Craig said:

Yeah. Parents aren’t always the best at expressing frustrations. Dad was a very rigid man, which could be good sometimes, but not always, and he manufactured stress. “Real boys don’t wet the bed.”  Well, how was that to be interpreted? Some boys do wet the bed, and not by choice. And is it then okay if girls wet the bed? Actually, I think bedwetting is more common in males.

Like I said, I’m not sure how my bedwetting transformed from something I couldn’t stop into something I liked because it got me the diapers I was starting to crave. Along the way I’m sure I rebelled at my father’s belittling by doing things to make my bedwetting worse.

I think the way its dealt with when we're growing up affects us for the rest of our lives. At least that was the case for me. I had two brothers who were overage bedwetters too and also a sister who was. My sister's bedwetting was dealt with entirely differently. It was dealt with quietly and essentially secretly. But my father wouldn't let us boys wear diapers after about 8 or 9 because he thought it encouraged our bedwetting. We had to deal with wet pjs and sheets and a lot of criticism like "When are you ever going to grow up?" And spankings too although the intent was more to instill shame and embarassment than anything else. Funny how these things carry through into our fetishes in our adult lives right?

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, rubbersheetmike said:

I think the way its dealt with when we're growing up affects us for the rest of our lives. At least that was the case for me. I had two brothers who were overage bedwetters too and also a sister who was. My sister's bedwetting was dealt with entirely differently. It was dealt with quietly and essentially secretly. But my father wouldn't let us boys wear diapers after about 8 or 9 because he thought it encouraged our bedwetting. We had to deal with wet pjs and sheets and a lot of criticism like "When are you ever going to grow up?" And spankings too although the intent was more to instill shame and embarassment than anything else. Funny how these things carry through into our fetishes in our adult lives right?

Yeah, and if you ask me that wasn't very helpful of your father to shame you like that. If anything that made the bedwetting worst. I can't stand fathers like that. They make my blood boil.😒🙄😤😡🌡️♨️

• Like 1

Did my father’s hostile words and behavior regarding my bedwetting actually backfire on him and cause it to continue? Maybe.

One way this might have happened was via the emotional turmoil he created predisposing me to continuing to wet the bed. The other was more active — I wanted to wet the bed to spite him. And I felt safe in diapers.

Then, like I said, diapers became fun and there was no turning back. The question is whether I would have continued as a bedwetter without the hostility and without becoming a diaper lover? Maybe not. Most kids have grown out of this by age 12, right? I was actively pursuing diaper wearing and bedwetting by then. 

Then again, when I was in my teens I didn’t have to do anything to wet the bed most nights. It just happened. Like now. I can do obvious things to make it more frequent. But after all these years, I’m so accustomed to wetting my diapers while asleep, that I think it long ago became permanent if it wasn’t from the start.

Okay, I’m rambling there.  Time to bring this post to an end.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Widdle Webslinger said:

Yeah, and if you ask me that wasn't very helpful of your father to shame you like that. If anything that made the bedwetting worst. I can't stand fathers like that. They make my blood boil.😒🙄😤😡🌡️♨️

I grew up in a dysfunctional household like a lot of other people I suspect. It was back in the days of the "baby boom" where people married young and had big families. My parents who had seven children couldn't cope. One of my sisters who has spent years in her adult life under psychiatric care was told our mother who was a serious alcoholic probably shouldn't have had any children. Apparently even though we didn't know this when we were kids some neighbors called childrens services and we could have been removed from the home. My father had to convince them he would deal with the situation although he wasn't particularly successful. And back in those days parents could pretty much punish their own children any way they thought was right. I used to cry at the breakfast table when I'd wet the bed hoping it would get me enough sympathy to avoid punishment. It worked sometimes and sometimes it didn't depending on my mother's mood, who did most of the punishment for it until I was about 13, or as one of my brothers says depending on how hung over she was. It was a stressful upbringing for sure.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, rubbersheetmike said:

I grew up in a dysfunctional household like a lot of other people I suspect. It was back in the days of the "baby boom" where people married young and had big families. My parents who had seven children couldn't cope. One of my sisters who has spent years in her adult life under psychiatric care was told our mother who was a serious alcoholic probably shouldn't have had any children. Apparently even though we didn't know this when we were kids some neighbors called childrens services and we could have been removed from the home. My father had to convince them he would deal with the situation although he wasn't particularly successful. And back in those days parents could pretty much punish their own children any way they thought was right. I used to cry at the breakfast table when I'd wet the bed hoping it would get me enough sympathy to avoid punishment. It worked sometimes and sometimes it didn't depending on my mother's mood, who did most of the punishment for it until I was about 13, or as one of my brothers says depending on how hung over she was. It was a stressful upbringing for sure.

It definitely sounds like it. It also sounds like they neglected you and your siblings in more ways than one.

• Like 1

I have to say that my overall upbringing was very good however my bedwetting was one issue that was not handled very well. I was the only bedwetter of 4 kids with one brother and two sisters. As far as I can remember I was out of diapers by  age 4. I was encouraged to go to the bathroom before bed and fluids were restricted in the evening. There was clear disapproval with the daily wet beds. I had an old shower curtain under my sheet which was very uncomfortable to say the least. I would pee so much that I was not allowed a pillow because it would be ruined. What is not clear to me is why my bedding was only laundered every couple of weeks, the pee was just allowed to dry however there were nights when I went to bed and there were still wet spots. I was only diapered for a camping vacation for a week, they just surprised me with an all in one diaper on the first night of vacation (the events of this vacation no doubt led to my diaper fetish but that is a different long story). My bedwetting persisted into my teens, I think my Dad had me join the Boy Scouts to embarrass me out of wetting. While my bedwetting started to diminish around 12 I would still end up wetting my sleeping bag a couple of times on a week long summer camp. Looking back what i think was strange is my parents never discussed my problem with my pediatrician or specialist, i had ear problems and was taken to a specialist for those issues. They tried a couple of folk remedies that did not work. This was the 60’s and I guess these kind of problems that were just associated with laziness and were not considered medical issues. i dried up at 15 1/2 when I finally entered puberty. I don’t think my parents did anything to assist except leave memories of shame for something that was beyond my physical control.

Edited by zzzz50
Sentence structure
  • Like 1
On 9/23/2023 at 1:17 PM, zzzz50 said:

I have to say that my overall upbringing was very good however my bedwetting was one issue that was not handled very well. I was the only bedwetter of 4 kids with one brother and two sisters. As far as I can remember I was out of diapers by  age 4. I was encouraged to go to the bathroom before bed and fluids were restricted in the evening. There was clear disapproval with the daily wet beds. I had an old shower curtain under my sheet which was very uncomfortable to say the least. I would pee so much that I was not allowed a pillow because it would be ruined. What is not clear to me is why my bedding was only laundered every couple of weeks, the pee was just allowed to dry however there were nights when I went to bed and there were still wet spots. I was only diapered for a camping vacation for a week, they just surprised me with an all in one diaper on the first night of vacation (the events of this vacation no doubt led to my diaper fetish but that is a different long story). My bedwetting persisted into my teens, I think my Dad had me join the Boy Scouts to embarrass me out of wetting. While my bedwetting started to diminish around 12 I would still end up wetting my sleeping bag a couple of times on a week long summer camp. Looking back what i think was strange is my parents never discussed my problem with my pediatrician or specialist, i had ear problems and was taken to a specialist for those issues. They tried a couple of folk remedies that did not work. This was the 60’s and I guess these kind of problems that were just associated with laziness and were not considered medical issues. i dried up at 15 1/2 when I finally entered puberty. I don’t think my parents did anything to assist except leave memories of shame for something that was beyond my physical control.

Looks like we're about the same age. Bedwetting was handled a lot differently for many of us when we were young compared to the way it's dealt with now. Back then it was viewed as a disciplinary issue in some ways and the belief was that the more uncomfortable and embarrassing it was the sooner you'd 'get over it' and be dry at night. Nowadays of course there are all the disposable products and its usually viewed as a medical or hereditary issue.

• Like 3
On 9/26/2023 at 11:19 AM, rubbersheetmike said:

Looks like we're about the same age. Bedwetting was handled a lot differently for many of us when we were young compared to the way it's dealt with now. Back then it was viewed as a disciplinary issue in some ways and the belief was that the more uncomfortable and embarrassing it was the sooner you'd 'get over it' and be dry at night. Nowadays of course there are all the disposable products and its usually viewed as a medical or hereditary issue.

That sums it up very well.  In mu case, any discipline was verbal rather than forcing me to wear only pajamas to bed and consequently soaking everything above the plastic sheet. I think that was because the smell would go through the house and anger my father. So, it all was contained with various cloth diapering products and waterproof pants. The effects of that approach I’ve covered in previous posts. If disposable bedwetter pants or diapers would have been available, I’m sure they would have been used which would have made the whole thing a lot less of an issue and task. 

• Like 1

It's sad to read through these accounts and see how many were punished or abused for bed wetting.  I guess I was very fortunate to have a loving and understanding family.  My mom recounted to me about how she took me to the doctor at 4-1/2 because I was impossible to potty train and still in diapers.  At age 3 I had meningitis and nearly died.  The doctor told my mom that I may have suffered nerve damage from the illness and to be patient and give me time. She didn't try again until I was 6-1/2.   I had a lot of accidents but eventually was able to hold it during the day.  The night was a different matter.  I was a nightly wetter into my early teens before I started to have more dry nights then wet ones.  I never had "normal" control even during the daytime which led to anxiety about having accidents.  I only wore diapers during the day for long car rides, vacations, airplane rides, or if I was home sick after age 6-1/2.   I wore diapers every night and still do.  My family was always supportive because they knew it was a medical issue and beyond my control.  My three siblings were all 10-13 years older then me and very protective of their baby brother.  I only really remember one time when my sister shouted at me for walking around the house in my diaper and I think that was because I embarrassed her because her friends were over.   Otherwise, my family was very understanding, caring and loving.  My Aunt also helped to raise me since both my parents worked long hours and by the time I was six, my siblings were all working or off to college.  She was even more caring and understanding then my own family.  She understood my anxiety better then I think my parents did. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, MatthewDL said:

It's sad to read through these accounts and see how many were punished or abused for bed wetting.

Every situation is different.  Like many bed-wetters back in the day I was punished and shamed.  Granted, fearing mom’s anger I always wished I was dry in the morning.  Yet bedwetting in itself didn’t bother me in the least.  Part of me actually enjoyed it to the point of sometimes wetting on purpose.

I was not very shrewd.  There was the night mom discovered I was wet only minutes after going to bed.  There was the morning she sensed a fresh wetting.  There were mornings without school or other reason to get up that I laid in it till virtually yanked out of bed.  She knew.

Perhaps mom's scolding and spankings were justified?  If not what?

• Thanks 1