• Hindu
    • Buddhist
    • Athiest
    • Agnostic
    • Indigenous
    • Alternative
    • Other/no opinion

1 hour ago, Firefly 35 said:

That's terrible that people would do that to you.  Anyone who believes in that (physical assault against 'non-believers') is not a true christian.

No true Scotsman...

Her friends and family are not true christians either, yes? Because a true christian would never abandon a friend, let alone a family member, even though that appears to be exactly what has happened to alissaK, and is happening to a lot of other people more often than not, for the most absurd of reasons, such as not adhering to the same old scriptural nonsense. And these people still have the impudence to ask, "why are atheists so angry?".

AlissaK, I wish you a lot of strength. Have you maybe tried looking for a support group in your area?

Im a Jesus Freak!! Was raised Catholic. Around the age of 10  or so quit going. About 23 yrs later my aunt took me to a church so she could meet a new client. The pastor met me at the front door. Being in customer service I met alot of pastors and ministers. But he was different. After the meeting my aunt invited me to a Weds night service. I went out of obligation. Needless to say I gave my life to Christ. Since then I am part of the tech and worship team. Led both parents and my brother and sister in law to know Jesus. Plus He delivered me from my 30 year sexual addiction. I wear diapers at night or for a nap due to meds. But now I can wear without the urge to be sexual. Im glad this sub forum exists!

23 hours ago, DiapersOfTheStorm said:

No true Scotsman...

Her friends and family are not true christians either, yes? Because a true christian would never abandon a friend, let alone a family member, even though that appears to be exactly what has happened to alissaK, and is happening to a lot of other people more often than not, for the most absurd of reasons, such as not adhering to the same old scriptural nonsense. And these people still have the impudence to ask, "why are atheists so angry?".

AlissaK, I wish you a lot of strength. Have you maybe tried looking for a support group in your area?

I haven't. It's not my sort of thing. And thank you.

On 7/13/2018 at 10:58 AM, Firefly 35 said:

That's terrible that people would do that to you.  Anyone who believes in that (physical assault against 'non-believers') is not a true christian.

While we could get into a debate about what the Bible calls for and what it doesn't and what does or does not make for a true Christian, we should probably skip that for the sake of forum board peace, yeah? It IS terrible that people do that... but seems to be something a lot of people around here agree on when it comes to me. I just always assumed I was something they didn't understand and, thus, they were scared. Or maybe they're just assholes.

• 1 year later...

The Bible is God's inspired word to man. It chronicle's the life, and death of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ as written through inspiration of the Holy Ghost. It is called the Truth, since it supposed it the way Christian's should live a Christ like. Even though we can never be perfect, we are perfect in  God's eyes when we are born again. We are no longer bound by death. Which is a figurative some people say, but it means that once we became a Christian, we became Christ like, and are no longer bound by the law, but under God's grace through Jesus Christ, and as such heirs to the Kingdom of God, just as Jesus.

The Bible is very clear about believers, and it is exceptionally clear about the person that isn't under grace, is under God's wrath of Judgement. If at the end when God asks, "Is this person's name in the Lambs book of life?" and the replay is No Lord it is not, God will say depart from me, I never knew you into the lake of fire. Also, by the same accounting, and judgement will answer to God for our lives. All things hidden will be revealed, and God will ask again, "Does their name appear in the Lamb's book of life?" Yes, Lord it does. All of those sins will be washed a way by the blood Jesus shed on the cross to save "YOU", and "ME" as our Lord and Personal Savior. That's the TRUTH...Undisputed and  the same for all times, generations, and gender.

By professing your belief in Jesus Christ died on the cross to save you from God's wrath, and Judgement, and an eternal damnation in the Lake of Fire of Hell and Brimstone. 

John chapter 3 (kjv)

1There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: 2The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. 3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Why do you look at the speck of saw dust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?  How can you say to our brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
2 hours ago, Dprczyone said:

We all believe what we want to believe and none of us are wrong. 

That is fallible on multiple levels. No matter how much I believe I can fly, the truth is, "I can not". The truth about Jesus Christ is that He is the ONLY way, the Truth, and the Light to get to heaven, or God's kingdom. It does matter what we believe if we are to enter into God's presence forever, for God can not accept, or tolerate sin. If you are not a believer, you are still in sin because of the sins of Adam and Eve in the garden.

Romans 10:9-10 "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."

We are "born" into sin, but when we accept Jesus as our Lord, and personal Savior, we are a new person. We are in this world, but not of this world. This not our final destination. 

6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 3:

4Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 5And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. 6Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. 7Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 8He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

The great deception of Satan, is if we're not hurting anyone, it's OK to do what we do, but the Bible is quite clear about the deceiver. He appears as an angel of light. His deception starts with partial, or half truths and then he twists it to his need. 

All throughout the Bible it warns us as Christians to be weary of false profits, and deceivers:

• Revelation 12:9
    So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

• John 8:43-45
    Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me.

• Matthew 24:24
    For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

• Ephesians 2:1-3
    And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

• Ephesians 6:11-12
    Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

• Isaiah 14:12-14
    "How you are fallen from heaven,
    O Lucifer, son of the morning!
    How you are cut down to the ground,
    You who weakened the nations!
    For you have said in your heart:
    'I will ascend into heaven,
    I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;
    I will also sit on the mount of the congregation
    On the farthest sides of the north;
    I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,
    I will be like the Most High.'

• 2 Corinthians 11:3-4
    But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted'you may well put up with it!

• 2 Corinthians 11:14
    And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.

• 1 John 5:18-19
    We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him. We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.

• Genesis 3:13
    And the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?" The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."

• John 8:47
    He who is of God hears God's words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God."

• John 17:14
    I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.

• 2 Thessalonians 2:3
    Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,

• 2 Thessalonians 2:6-7
    And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way.

• 2 Thessalonians 2:10
    and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

• James 3:15-16
    This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there.

• 1 Peter 5:6
    Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,

• 1 Peter 5:8-9
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.

• Revelation 12:4
    His tail drew a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was ready to give birth, to devour her Child as soon as it was born.

• Revelation 12:12
    Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.”

I will give an honest answer to this so I voted for 3 options :)

I live as a christian with christian culture and traditions. I even put up a model of the stable with the baby jesus every year beacuse it belongs to celebrating christmas.

I do not belive in god or the devil or anything like that.

I do belive in humanity tho and that people can be good and also that there will allways be both good and bad people as well as people in betwen those 2. As a side note I also belive in ghosts in a way but not in bad ghosts more like a sort of energy that we leave behind us.

Intressting thread tho I will have a read in this now I just wanted to add my answer to the vote even if it is a bit complicated :)

You can type out a million pages of text but it doesn't mean a thing. It all comes down to what you believe. You believe one thing and I believe another. I also meant in the faith context not the can or cannot fly context.

That is fallible on multiple levels. No matter how much I believe I can fly, the truth is, "I can not". The truth about Jesus Christ is that He is the ONLY way, the Truth, and the Light to get to heaven, or God's kingdom. It does matter what we believe if we are to enter into God's presence forever, for God can not accept, or tolerate sin. If you are not a believer, you are still in sin because of the sins of Adam and Eve in the garden.
 Romans 10:9-10 "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."
We are "born" into sin, but when we accept Jesus as our Lord, and personal Savior, we are a new person. We are in this world, but not of this world. This not our final destination. 
 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 3:
4Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 5And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. 6Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. 7Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 8He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
The great deception of Satan, is if we're not hurting anyone, it's OK to do what we do, but the Bible is quite clear about the deceiver. He appears as an angel of light. His deception starts with partial, or half truths and then he twists it to his need. 
All throughout the Bible it warns us as Christians to be weary of false profits, and deceivers:

So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me.

For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted'you may well put up with it!

We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him. We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.

And the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?" The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."

He who is of God hears God's words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God."

I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.

Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,

And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way.

and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there.

Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.

His tail drew a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was ready to give birth, to devour her Child as soon as it was born.

Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.”
PREACH!!

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Culturally Christian.

My extended family is a mix of conservative Mormon and conservative Pentecostal. My parents are non-religious. I went to a Catholic school and considered myself Catholic. However, as time goes on I became briefly atheist, then deist, then agnostic theist not otherwise specified, then loosely Quaker.

• 3 months later...

I am an agnostic, in the sense that i'm open minded about the concept of religion as a whole, but am not easily convinced by it.

Personally, I consider myself to be more philosophical, than religious, in that, I study and follow some aspects of various religions, (buddhism, christianity, judaism, etc) but not every aspect of any one religion in particular.

My mother, father, and everyone on my father's side are atheistic, my grandfather on my mother's side was ALSO an atheist, my grandmother on my mother's side is a universalist christian, and my brother in law is a fundamentalist christian.

On 1/7/2020 at 4:45 PM, Fulldiaper said:

John 3:

Corinthians 5:12

"What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?"

IDOLLotry I worship at the Shirley Temple at Andrea-Lisa

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2018 at 12:51 PM, nonny said:

Rosalie, I highly recommend to to you this book. It is written by a Pentecostal-raised leading New Testament scholar, whose lifelong study of the Bible from within the church has led him to become an agnostic.

What he shares in the book is based on 150 years of study by Christians, for Christians on what is known about when, why, and by whom each part of the Bible was written.

This is not particularly controversial knowledge (lots of debate about details and strong evidence for the overall conclusions). He begins the book by saying this is likely what was taught to most ministers, who do not have the courage or the skills to share it with fundamentalists in their congregations, and so they keep silent. 

He is your age, educated at the Moody Bible Institute and Princeton, and currently teaching in North Carolina. He's the author of 30 books, others of which also relate to this subject, in masterly and fascinating detail.

https://www.amazon.ca/Jesus-Interrupted-Revealing-Hidden-Contradictions/dp/0061173940

ON no less than FOUR occasions on my family we have prayed for and received miraculous healings that defy medical science. After experiences like that (and others) how could you ever convince me that there is no God? Faith is belief without direct evidence but when you have actual direct evidence....?

Ive studied the Bible for decades now and God has never let me down. 

What evidence? Did you pray, then win the lottery?

Those 4 times was most likely coincidences that would have happened anyway 

People can believe in whatever thy want, as long as they keep it to them self, or at least in their own circle 
No need to push it onto others and say they gonna go to hell if they don't believe 

Modern science can explain how Jesus died and then woke up

He wasn't dead..

11 minutes ago, Dubious said:

What evidence? Did you pray, then win the lottery?

Those 4 times was most likely coincidences that would have happened anyway 

People can believe in whatever thy want, as long as they keep it to them self, or at least in their own circle 
No need to push it onto others and say they gonna go to hell if they don't believe 

Modern science can explain how Jesus died and then woke up

Reveal hidden contents

He wasn't dead..

1) daughter born with spina bifida - hole in the spine with nerves exposed and damaged and full diagnositic testing and confirmation. Diagnosis was wheelchair, incontinence and reduced life span. after prayer by several people at age 3 days, the hole closed over completely and full restoration of nerve function. 30 years later, no evidence of it having ever been there.  Hospital staff were in shock and called it a miracle.

2) 18 months ago I was diagnosed with viral cardiomyopathy and told that I would likely die from it. My cardiac performance was below that 'consistent with life'. I managed to survived those first few weeks in hospital on medication and for a couple months took things very slowly and carefully. Then one day I was prayed for and a subsequent echocardiogram howed that my heart was 'completely normal and no indication of any disease or weakness'. Both my cardiologists were stunned and said they had NEVER SEEN anything like it before. A year later, my heart remains completely and totally healthy with zero signs of disease or damage. I am well-known in the hospital as the 'miracle lady'.

There are two other examples that are just as impressive. Theses are both demonstrable miracles complete (in the latter one) with extensive medical records. Both of them ae far more impressive and far less likely than winning Powerball. Neither of them are remotely possible.

No, there is lots of stuff it has not explained YET. 300 years ago, it had not explained 1/4 of what it has learned to explain since then. But they still had religion, even more strongly: And they were still lashed with Smallpox, Whooping cough, Cholera and had seen 3 mindblowing occurrances of plagues that had decimated the European population: things that, today, are not even a blip on the radar. Let me put it this way, If you were having severe chast pains, what would you do; Call 911 or pray. If you say "both" that will tell me about your integrity. In my case I did one but not the other. I wonder what science would accomplish if it had been around as long as religion instead of just 400 years. when you pray, do not forget to wear a mask for the next 1-1/2 year or so, then you will not have to

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dubious said:

Miracles doesn't mean there is a God

There is lots of stuff science can't explain, yet.

So, just reject the evidence, right?  These incidents weren't random. They occurred in direct response to prayer to God. You aren't even will to grant them authenticity. Your mind is closed.

1 hour ago, Little Christine said:

No, there is lots of stuff it has not explained YET. 300 years ago, it had not explained 1/4 of what it has learned to explain since then. But they still had religion, even more strongly: And they were still lashed with Smallpox, Whooping cough, Cholera and had seen 3 mindblowing occurrances of plagues that had decimated the European population: things that, today, are not even a blip on the radar. Let me put it this way, If you were having severe chast pains, what would you do; Call 911 or pray. If you say "both" that will tell me about your integrity. In my case I did one but not the other. I wonder what science would accomplish if it had been around as long as religion instead of just 400 years. when you pray, do not forget to wear a mask for the next 1-1/2 year or so, then you will not have to

The problem with your argument is that it denies the possibility of evidence. Like the other poster, it would simply not be possible to reach your standard of proof because you have none. Science predates 400 years ago. It predates Christ for example.

On 5/21/2020 at 10:23 PM, rosalie.bent said:

The problem with your argument is that it denies the possibility of evidence. Like the other poster, it would simply not be possible to reach your standard of proof because you have none. Science predates 400 years ago. It predates Christ for example.

proof of what?

Prayer has been tested, according to Dr. Dean Edell on his show and Gene Burnes reported countelss times between 1983 and 1992 and it was found very much wanting, as well as in the various great plagues I mentioned, smallpox epidemics and the other killers of the pre-modern world. Besides which, what about the prayers that, far mor numerously were NOT answered in those same plagues and medical holocausts? If you want to take credit for the  good, you must take the blame for the far more prevalent bad. It goes BOTH ways. If I see 5 prayers answered, and 50 -- or 500 NOT, what am I to think of its efficacy as I watch 60% of Europe's population obliterated? Ring around the rosy. A pocket full of posey: HASHA! HASHA! All fall down

All I was doing was demonstrating the efficacy of science and that not by proof, but by demonstation and comparison.

Any need to "prove" anything was in your own mind. Beyond that, you did not present any standards of proof to be up to. So you are making all of this up since, in this presentation there was nothing to "prove" save the efficacy of science. That was better accomplished by demonstration; i.e. presentation of facts of history and comparison; i.e. to what was being implicitly offered as an alternative, showing which made the difference, than by rigorous deductive reasoning. So, as I said, "proof of what?

FYI: moderen science was begun by Albertus Magnus, a Dominican during the Middle Ages. Much of what had been discovered by the Greeks had been forgotten. The next step was in Philsophly. Since the fall of Room, some of the works of Aristotle had survived in the West. By the Middle Ages, this was known as the "Beta Logica [Old Logic]", with the Crusades and full contact with the Muslim beginning in the late 11th Century. The rest of these works were recovered and used by the student of Albertus Magnus, Thomas Aquinas in his work in philosophy and those works became known as the "Logica Nova". The work of Aquinas became known as Thomism and became the leitmotif of the Dominican Order, of which Albertus Magnus and St Thomas Aquinas were members. and led to the Renassance . But moedrrn science owes its roots and organization to Albertus Magnus. In recognition of that fact the science building at Providence College, a high-quality Dominican institution, is called Albertus Magnus Hall

BTW: If you want to get demeaning via personal attack, however veiled, that tells me ALL ABOUT your "standards of proof [if you had any, you would display them proudly as they are rare, valuable and impressive]". That is The Fallacy of Argumentum Ad Hominem and you learn that in Logic 101 and it tells even an untrained but honest person all they need to know

• Like 1

If there is no exchange of ideas then there is no why to even imagine what "the best of it" to make is. As youths, my generation  sought to discuss ideas, even if disagrements occurred. How things have changed. Worse is that if there is no exchanged, since there are no differences, truth is never attaine and therefore honesty is impossible. Such a state serves only the dishonest, hence we had to choose between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump

On 5/22/2020 at 12:36 PM, Little Christine said:

proof of what?

Prayer has been tested, according to Dr. Dean Edell on his show and Gene Burnes reported countelss times between 1983 and 1992 and it was found very much wanting, as well as in the various great plagues I mentioned, smallpox epidemics and the other killers of the pre-modern world. Besides which, what about the prayers that, far mor numerously were NOT answered in those same plagues and medical holocausts? If you want to take credit for the  good, you must take the blame for the far more prevalent bad. It goes BOTH ways. If I see 5 prayers answered, and 50 -- or 500 NOT, what am I to think of its efficacy as I watch 60% of Europe's population obliterated? Ring around the rosy. A pocket full of posey: HASHA! HASHA! All fall down

All I was doing was demonstrating the efficacy of science and that not by proof, but by demonstation and comparison.

Any need to "prove" anything was in your own mind. Beyond that, you did not present any standards of proof to be up to. So you are making all of this up since, in this presentation there was nothing to "prove" save the efficacy of science. That was better accomplished by demonstration; i.e. presentation of facts of history and comparison; i.e. to what was being implicitly offered as an alternative, showing which made the difference, than by rigorous deductive reasoning. So, as I said, "proof of what?

FYI: moderen science was begun by Albertus Magnus, a Dominican during the Middle Ages. Much of what had been discovered by the Greeks had been forgotten. The next step was in Philsophly. Since the fall of Room, some of the works of Aristotle had survived in the West. By the Middle Ages, this was known as the "Beta Logica [Old Logic]", with the Crusades and full contact with the Muslim beginning in the late 11th Century. The rest of these works were recovered and used by the student of Albertus Magnus, Thomas Aquinas in his work in philosophy and those works became known as the "Logica Nova". The work of Aquinas became known as Thomism and became the leitmotif of the Dominican Order, of which Albertus Magnus and St Thomas Aquinas were members. and led to the Renassance . But moedrrn science owes its roots and organization to Albertus Magnus. In recognition of that fact the science building at Providence College, a high-quality Dominican institution, is called Albertus Magnus Hall

BTW: If you want to get demeaning via personal attack, however veiled, that tells me ALL ABOUT your "standards of proof [if you had any, you would display them proudly as they are rare, valuable and impressive]". That is The Fallacy of Argumentum Ad Hominem and you learn that in Logic 101 and it tells even an untrained but honest person all they need to know

'Testing' prayer is a somewhat silly notion because it presumes it is like a science experiment seeking confirmation of a hypothesis that prayer follows some kind of predictable formula. Thats a silly notion. But I have no less that FOUR well-documented examples of literal miracles in response to prayer that defy any repudiation. Prayer is communication with God. The idea that you can 'test' that is a foolish one.

I like watching flat earther videos because they are just so stupid but after all their rambling, their silly statements and flawed experiments, just ONE full-frame photo destroys all of their objections. In like manner, just ONE provable miracle in response to prayer destroys the counter argument. Four just nails down every corner.  And I am hardly alone in this experience.

The rest of your arguments are peripheral and not pertaining to the central argument. What you are complaining about is not prayer itself or even the existence of God but rather that He doesnt do what you think He should. That is as flimsy as it gets.