LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Restarting my journey to incontinence and hopefully true bedwetting

honestly cant comment much there since its a medical issue that falls outside the norm.  i had to look that one up and by no means an expert but that looks like it would be worse than before.  it has a longer nose past the balloon forcing into the sensitive areas like poking a stick.   in my research that condition is normaly used by intermitant cathaters not indwelling. 

1 hour ago, kincaid said:

After removing the catheter CH12 they did micturition tests, which were bad, high frequency, medium residual urine, still difficulties opening the sphincter.

They cancelled the test of friday and inserted a CH16 silicone cath with Tiemann tip (for prostate related insertion problems) for 6 weeks. This thing hurts like hell :s
I'm going to see if there is a bardex silastic CH16 with said Tiemann tip, otherwise I'll just use normal ones

Where do you get the bard silastic catheters in Europe. I have Not been able to placate them.

10 hours ago, Inconito said:

Where do you get the bard silastic catheters in Europe. I have Not been able to placate them.

My pharmacy makes a special order , asked his supplier to order directly from the manufacturer.

However the ch14 i ordered before i therefore cannot return as special orders are non refundable.

On 9/24/2019 at 9:20 PM, MISSY1959 said:

honestly cant comment much there since its a medical issue that falls outside the norm.  i had to look that one up and by no means an expert but that looks like it would be worse than before.  it has a longer nose past the balloon forcing into the sensitive areas like poking a stick.   in my research that condition is normaly used by intermitant cathaters not indwelling. 

It is definitly used for indwelling, most specifically for male patients with enlarged prostate or who had prostate surgery or where there are several urethral strictures.

Though the nurse who inserted this CH16 Tiemann/coudé silicone cath, made a mistake, I now have an infection in the urethra and it feels very sore, also had tissue floating in hte tube.

So i'm on antibiotics for a bit.....but they should have upgraded from ch12 to 14 first, then after a month or so to 16, I'm going to use my silastic ch14 with regular tip first and see how well these go, I am fed up with the hospital's legal issue things and then screwing up themselves.

IMAG0526.thumb.jpg.e033b0792da74bfcf5a20051fec39235.jpg

the only thing i can say OOCH that would hurt in anyway use except in bed.  i remember your post on issues but i think a normal tip would hurt less. i filled mine up to 10cc on the table almost no tip so short of stuff it up in you i cant imagine what this is suppose to do. i guess the ribs are to keep it in. but ow.

11 hours ago, MISSY1959 said:

the only thing i can say OOCH that would hurt in anyway use except in bed.  i remember your post on issues but i think a normal tip would hurt less. i filled mine up to 10cc on the table almost no tip so short of stuff it up in you i cant imagine what this is suppose to do. i guess the ribs are to keep it in. but ow.

the ribs in that pic are from the drainage bag (leg bag), the piece of tissue was floating in there.

but yes it hurts, still does, taking antibiotics and a plethora of painkillers, and to think this is done by a nurse no less....If it were my fault then I could blame it on my stupidity :s

20 hours ago, MISSY1959 said:

the one they inserted is this:

teleflex_171305160.jpg

appears to have a much longer tip and i have heard of those.  its one of the reasons i did not order it becasue they caution that the tip if inserted to far can cause bladder bleeding and spasms. i took and put 5cc in mine on the table to see and there is like  1/4 tip if any.  the balone fills on the oposite side of the ballon so no real tip to stick you with. 

On 9/27/2019 at 8:40 PM, MISSY1959 said:

appears to have a much longer tip and i have heard of those.  its one of the reasons i did not order it becasue they caution that the tip if inserted to far can cause bladder bleeding and spasms. i took and put 5cc in mine on the table to see and there is like  1/4 tip if any.  the balone fills on the oposite side of the ballon so no real tip to stick you with. 

yeah I'm going to use the silastic after this one, though now that i'm getting used to the CH16 they gave me, I'm sad I ordered the 14 before, and i can't exchange them.

But one thing still bothers me, how can one relax the sphincter with a catheter when it leaks at times when I do this? (most times its because of spasms, irritation, or in the first weeks a lumen blockage)

im into it a year and half now. at 60 some recall is not as good.  i know if i take it out use a diaper its urge all the time as i walk no matter if i need to or not.  i cant recall ever having to remember to relax. i do suppose with time it just becomes normal to relax it. i can bear down per say and i think my body does try to from time to time.  i probably have had a bladder spasm but not that i can recall. as it goes longer closer to change i do find a sort of irritation on the ball side.  to big a size like 22 gave me irritation at the end. other than that no real irritation. now its just normal.  feels really good as well just a total release

2 hours ago, MISSY1959 said:

im into it a year and half now. at 60 some recall is not as good.  i know if i take it out use a diaper its urge all the time as i walk no matter if i need to or not.  i cant recall ever having to remember to relax. i do suppose with time it just becomes normal to relax it. i can bear down per say and i think my body does try to from time to time.  i probably have had a bladder spasm but not that i can recall. as it goes longer closer to change i do find a sort of irritation on the ball side.  to big a size like 22 gave me irritation at the end. other than that no real irritation. now its just normal.  feels really good as well just a total release

Hmm :( i think I'm really having bad luck with them. Leg bag on left leg causes much irritation on bladder neck and on the right side minor irritation on urethra.

Bending over causes a pinch and catheter blockage, hurts like hell when it unblocked.

I can't walk anymore from the pain when the leg bag is attached to the left leg.

Also tapping the drainage tube hurts the bladder neck somehow

i let the bag loose more or less in the panties.  thats probably one of the reasons your getting irritation. what you also need to do in your case and im surprised the dr did not go over it with you is cathater flushing. i dont it can stay in about a month before i notice it 2 months max.  but use a solution some are meant for use when its in you to flush the cathater.  some are meant for when its out then put it back in. get the right one.  even a saline or sterile water would work. you just use a syringe and flush it.  that might be where your problem lies. let the bag lay in your shorts and start flushing the cath every day or so.  i do wear mine so it fills from the bottom and arround the waist is the drain port. i also find that to be the most confortable with the less stress.  in my panties is good but it can slip out down the leg or something so generaly arround the waist. they do make them for that but i like the bigger bag either way i would go that way for you.  flush it and the bag on the belly.  its called a belly bag as well if  you buy one for that.

21 hours ago, MISSY1959 said:

i let the bag loose more or less in the panties.  thats probably one of the reasons your getting irritation. what you also need to do in your case and im surprised the dr did not go over it with you is cathater flushing. i dont it can stay in about a month before i notice it 2 months max.  but use a solution some are meant for use when its in you to flush the cathater.  some are meant for when its out then put it back in. get the right one.  even a saline or sterile water would work. you just use a syringe and flush it.  that might be where your problem lies. let the bag lay in your shorts and start flushing the cath every day or so.  i do wear mine so it fills from the bottom and arround the waist is the drain port. i also find that to be the most confortable with the less stress.  in my panties is good but it can slip out down the leg or something so generaly arround the waist. they do make them for that but i like the bigger bag either way i would go that way for you.  flush it and the bag on the belly.  its called a belly bag as well if  you buy one for that.

If I putthe bag higher than my bladder I get massive pain shots from pinched conduits.

Flushing I will do , tonight is my first.
Hospital told me to take vesicare for bladder cramps, and since I took that, 2h later, most of my pain was completely gone. The only pain I now have is from debris or possible damage to the bladder neck or urethral wall. But I'm so much better now.

They just don't want me to take it too long because it makes the bladder less active but screw that, I don' twant to go through that hell again.
If none of these would work and continues pain insisted that did say to put a ch14 instead, I lol'ed in my mind as thats what I knew from the beginning but they "always" know better....

well yours is a case where flushing i think will be a daily routine and work well for you. just remember to be as clean as possible. soak materials in bleach water when not in use.  that med never heard of but it sounds like a muscle relaxer that should work well. once your body accepts it as a normal you should do well.  i can say loose is better let the tubing go where it feels right.  i have tried several positions for the bag for the longest time just layed it in my panties.  the nozel more to the rear but once i sat on it and it opened.  give it time work through it. like i said i cant live without mine now its been so long. wont even consider it

10 hours ago, MISSY1959 said:

well yours is a case where flushing i think will be a daily routine and work well for you. just remember to be as clean as possible. soak materials in bleach water when not in use.  that med never heard of but it sounds like a muscle relaxer that should work well. once your body accepts it as a normal you should do well.  i can say loose is better let the tubing go where it feels right.  i have tried several positions for the bag for the longest time just layed it in my panties.  the nozel more to the rear but once i sat on it and it opened.  give it time work through it. like i said i cant live without mine now its been so long. wont even consider it

For me the tubing feels best when on the inside of the leg, (see picture)

The tube is straight with little or no kinks but not strained, it is relaxed. As you can see I use the UGO catheter strap and another one from the hospital.
The leg bag is a conveen coloplast from 500ml (they suck, I got better ones from German Health Care but the hospital gave me these for free) 

The bladder flushing went really good, I injected 50cc sterile saline solution in the outlet of the catheter (first I let it drip out in a container) but I do not use the syringe to extract the debris because I need to reuse this and want to keep the inside clean. So I remove the syringe but leave 10cc in it, I inject that in the contaier to get rid of potential bacteria getting inside.

Then I let everything drip out the catheter into the container, I felt 3 pinches and saw several red dots (pixel size) floating, and I disinfected the spout ofhte syringe with chlorhexidine.
Then when finished dripping I disinfected the connection port of the night bag, as well as the catheter outlet port (but it kept dripping) and attached the night bag. I used another swap to disinfect the whole port again after because of the leakage.

The saline solution did irritate a little bit but nothing too disturbing and now I am feeling perfectly fine, I can walk, bend, do stuff again :D

But yes, I will have to do this regularly. Maybe not daily but definitly several times a week.

IMAG0532.jpg

i am a paramedic also, the flushing you did was correct.  you do not want to pull it back out.  i would encourge you to read up on flushing solutions.  the reason being they antibacteria and also break down sediment.  meant for it not just a flush.  so they may alos be a help.

your correct to use alchol on every thing that was touched. from syrnige to the cath the cath and the nozel to the bag.  what ever cleaning fluid you use is generaly fine but the last thing and the first thing should be alchol in on and about the syring.

On 10/1/2018 at 3:48 PM, MISSY1959 said:

>>>>earlier in the topic was about incontinent desires.  i use a foley silastic cathater with a bag in my panties. you can feel it drain all the time. its 900 ml. no real chance of infection if done right.  the cathater needs to be changed to a new one every 2 weeks to a month.  after about 6 months now im incontinent for the most part. if i wear a diaper and no cath i cant go but a few minutes without wetting it.  if i wear one at night i will wet it every few minutes.  <<<<<<

Thanks for the info about the belly bag and catheter setup... I ordered some off the web, and as I type this, I'm cathed, with a belly bag strapped around my waist, and it's filling nicely!

With a dress pant 1 size larger than I normally wear, the bag is hidden very well, so wearing it to work and out in public shouldn't be a problem. I don't know what brand you use, but I'm using a Rusch 1000 ml. belly bag, with a 12F Silicone Coated Latex Foley cath.  I'm looking forward to developing the urge incontinence from a shrunken bladder, that you experienced.

yeah around the waist is the best.  i do normaly use a diaper for a day or so when i remove it before putting a new one in.  less irratation and so on. but i do notice when i do that i need to go like all the time. its an urgent need to let go.  even if  you dont need to go.  so i think once its in so long the body is in reverse.  i had the va today as i already died once. auto immune hit the floor near death experience kind of thing. 5 years into i have to go have surgery to rebuild my nose and face bones.  what was it mother said always wear clean underwear. well make sure you keep a spare bag in case of leaks and if your drs dont know they will when you get admited.  mine dont yet. im guessing the will for surgery in a couple months.

What brand bag do you use? How long on average do your bags last before they leak? I have 2 bags now, with some more on the way.

You've mentioned many times in this thread that you have urge incontinence after removing the cath, and you need a diaper. What's the longest you've gone after removing a cath before putting in another cath? I guess what I'm asking is, how long has the urge incontinence lasted, after removing the cath? Days? weeks? Does your bladder control return a few days after taking the cath out?

I use the 88 cent ones i sent the link on.  generaly 2 weeks. leak well that depends as to use.  if you put it in a place that pulls the input it can pull the seam more or sit on the exit valve.  generaly wearing it vertical since its a must now as i cant under the cath thing i dont find it leaks.  i use to soak the bag and rinse it with bleach and you can i just sort of use a new one each week. 88 cents.

lets call it reverse urge.  if you take the cath out the body wants to in my case tighten up i guess and it hurts as well as any amount i have has to pass as an urge as well. since i use the northshore supremes they are a bit bulky so it kind of binds or puts preasure on it.  i have not tried it with just panties on or something that would not say pinch things off.  but generaly the moment i take it out i feel the need.  its like can i walk accross the bathroom to the shower or to get a diaper on and let go. my body does not want to hold it closed now at all.

the longest i have had it out say in the last 6 months was for a dr visit at the va. maybe a couple hours.  generaly with the cath in you drain to 0 so if you dont add anything you can go a little time. so i would go in take out in the parking lot then go from appt to bathroom etc.  put a diaper on even for it or not.  i have had a diaper on and going while talking to a dr mind you.  the va is very impersonal so they dont as a rule check you out very well.  i dont think it would suprise them all be it i look better than most of the vets there for 60.  but with my autoimmune it attacks my gi so for a couple years i had to not eat wear protection in case i did not make it to a bathroom. so i did get use to wearing a diaper for real.  did not need to as much but slowly got better.  i think with ms you lose bladder control. all be it mine is not ms it is similar so it wont surprise them.  i know for sure there is no way i can make it through the night without wetting the bed.  the couple times i have put a fresh diaper on i find myself with a full one in the am.  i would more but to much a mess to clean up and generaly i get up go to the hot tub or pool.  with a cath and a bag you can do that.

I still don't understand how you get no drainage problems from wearing the bag around the belly.

As earlier said in this topic, the bag should always be lower than the bladder, when I'm moving around with my night bag before i go ot bed (to turn of the light) and keep it a little too high (like the level of the belly) then I feel minor pain and when I lower it it then drains fast.

The doctors alaos always say to keep it below the bladder level.
Can you explain why the belly position works for you?

21 minutes ago, Old_PA said:

I wondered about that too but found the belly bag works just fine. Maybe there is slightly increased pressure in the bladder.

I foud some info about it here:

https://www.teleflex-homecare.co.uk/products/urology-continence/urine-collection-bags/belly-bag/

Seems you need a functioning bladder musclulatory. Since I take vesicare to calm the bladder for preventing bladder cramps, I may not use this (not entirely sure though).
But yes it does seem safe to wear aboe the level of the bladder because the bladder is still kindof responsible for delivering pressure.

your kidneys pass the fluid so if the cath is in there then like the drain in your sink it goes through. now i may have worn mine so long with so little retention there it cant hold it so it does not matter. but i have not found the placement of the bag to be an issue. i do agrea its designed as a gravity fed system. that being if you wear it below like leg or say in bed with it attached to the bed its lower. that would further show that it just passes through.   at any rate with a cath in it goes through like a plumbed sink no stopping it.  take the bag off to change it i do it in the shower at waist level its still comming out.  no on or off just goes.  i dont think the bladder has anything to do with it anymore when the cath is in.  the longer you wear it the more your body says thats the way it works and what comes in must go out. 

they also make a tube for extension to the bed i tried it once.  the tube goes on the cath then the bag some place else.  i used the tube to try to put the bag in the back vs front it worked did not work well as for placment and bag. but its a clear tube 2 feet long.  now keep in mind i have no push no im going to go i put the tube on put it at should height and it still dribbled out as it filled up and i drank water.   there was no push no got to go with the cath in what comes in goes out. 

Speaking about reflux valves btw, German health care (brand) has the weirdest one.

Such a big lump O.o

I couldn't see this on the small thumbnail when ordering, they had bags with normal ones too but they're 750ml instead of 1000ml

IMAG0535.jpg