LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Net Neutrality

Will I found out today Net Neutrality just got a good kick in the crotch today, but anyway.

First off I am not here to say if it was the right thing to do or not. I am here to ask what happened to this site?

All so for those who are scared right now, don't worry this thing still needs to be taken to court. the fight is not over.

Hugs to all of you.

I dont think DD will be affected right away, The premise seems to be make the really popular sites put into paid access or something like that for faster access, This place probably gets less than 200 repeated viewers/members daily, probably not even .01 percent compared to a site like facebook or youtube.

1 hour ago, barnburner said:

I dont think DD will be affected right away, The premise seems to be make the really popular sites put into paid access or something like that for faster access, This place probably gets less than 200 repeated viewers/members daily, probably not even .01 percent compared to a site like facebook or youtube.

It gets a lot more than that!

However, you are right that sites like DailyDiapers likely won't be affected, at least to begin with.

1 hour ago, barnburner said:

that's good to hear. But let's hope court saves Net Neutrality like last time.

23 minutes ago, Elfy said:

It gets a lot more than that!

However, you are right that sites like DailyDiapers likely won't be affected, at least to begin with.

right but let's hope the court saves Net Neutrality like last time

The FCC repealed net neutrality, meaning that providers such as Verizon or Comcast or whatever company provides your internet access can make some sites work faster while making some sites work slower by cutting the amount of speed they let go in and out of the site. For instance, they can cut down the speed of Netflix, to make it so slow that your videos won't stream. The head of the FCC claims that there are "outdated laws" that "stifle innovation" but the truth is that he is a lackey for Verizon (he "used" to work for them) and they will make out big in this deal by charging extra money to sites. All of these guys are getting into government to change laws that make their companies money, but money isn't worth too much when your head is cut off and stuck on a pike.

It also exposes the internet to a lot of possible future problems such as price gouging, censorship, monopolisation and other things.

Public opinion was vehemently against repealing the laws but money talks and your major telecom companies wanted it repealed, so it was repealed.

People rebel at things like government pushing through unpopular bills and laws just because they say, "We are the majority and will do as we please".  That only works until the next public election, as some people are finding out!  Unfortunatly, supreme court justices are appointed for life and here in the USA if you are the party who controls the house and senate when a supreme court judge dies or retires, you appoint and confirm someone with your views.  I am one who believes supreme court justices should also have term limits and be voted on by the public, same as other elected officials.  They don't do the will of the majority, vote them out.

Lifetime appointments are intended to shield the judges from elections, shield them from being subject to a 'tyranny of the majority' for their decisions.  That's great if the elected bodies appointing the judges respect the system, and appoint qualified and fair-minded judges.  That doesn't seem to be the case here any more.  We seem to be in the midst of a 'revolt of the elites' against the masses.

Especially when it is the job of the current president to appoint a successor when a supreme court judge leaves or passes away.  Not to have the senate majority leader say he will not even discuss it and instead will wait 9 months until the next president is elected before taking any action at all.

A loss of Net Neutrality won't have a lot of effect initially but in the end will cost each and every one of us hugely. It's only beneficiary are the ISP's who will be free to charge whatever they please in private contracts to whoever wants to have an advantage over their competition. You'll have to pay more for unrestricted internet access or put ip cwith slow connections because all the faster ones have been sold to the highest bidder :oThere is no possible way for it to help the average American. It's true aim is to help the rich get richer but I expected that from this President as I do from most of them :whistling: Never in my life has there been a Democrat or Republican President who has made my life better in any way and that is what has to change if we're all to have a better life ;)

Net neutrality needs to be a Law, not a policy- that is the only way to have any assurance that it will remain in place. Should all the things being tried to preserve Net Neutrality fail someone will start the initiative to get such a law enacted and we all should back that actively or even that will get politicized and fail in the end.

Bettypooh

1 hour ago, Bettypooh said:

A loss of Net Neutrality won't have a lot of effect initially but in the end will cost each and every one of us hugely. It's only beneficiary are the ISP's who will be free to charge whatever they please in private contracts to whoever wants to have an advantage over their competition. You'll have to pay more for unrestricted internet access or put ip cwith slow connections because all the faster ones have been sold to the highest bidder :oThere is no possible way for it to help the average American. It's true aim is to help the rich get richer but I expected that from this President as I do from most of them :whistling: Never in my life has there been a Democrat or Republican President who has made my life better in any way and that is what has to change if we're all to have a better life ;)

Net neutrality needs to be a Law, not a policy- that is the only way to have any assurance that it will remain in place. Should all the things being tried to preserve Net Neutrality fail someone will start the initiative to get such a law enacted and we all should back that actively or even that will get politicized and fail in the end.

Bettypooh

Well said!  I agree that loss of net neutrality is going to make things worse down the road, and hopefully we can get the government to cooperate.  However, if not, I'm sure someone will come up with a sabatoge program to override network throttling anyway.  Anti-censorship programs already exist (Ultrasurf, for example), so anti-throttling programs are probably not too far off.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:06 AM, Bettypooh said:

Bettypooh

Well said! Net Neutrality is one of the only things Democrats and Republicans can agree on.

I can remember a time when the great new medium, or advent was, CABLE TV! "For a small fee, and at first it was, (at first), cheap. Also promoted as, programing without commercial interruptions, because it was pay TV. Fast forward to now, look what pay cable TV has morphed into. Nothing what was promised, or promoted as being. Not saying, it's all bad, or advancements haven't been made, but for sure, it's not cheap and it's not commercial fee. There's big money, and power (control) at stake, so don't fool yourself, into thinking it will work out good for and average user down the road. We will end up paying more, and get less!