LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers, the Ultimate Nostalgia

Mark84

So, I’ve been thinking recently about how much I love wearing diapers and a thought occurred to me. I’m in my early thirties, and as such, would be considered by many to be a millenial. I know it’s not just my generation, but I feel like we are huge into nostalgia. Think about it. Nintendo has now released two old consoles (NES and SNES). Vinyl records have been huge (although, once-skyrocketing sales are starting to plateau and decline). Old TV shows from ABC’s “TGIF” lineup are all available on Hulu. And countless movies are being rebooted. 

Has anyone else had this thought? What could be more nostalgic than taping on a disposable diaper (or pinning for those who prefer cloth)? I wonder if that’s part of the appeal of diapers for some of us. I think it may be for me. 

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Mark84 said:

So, I’ve been thinking recently about how much I love wearing diapers and a thought occurred to me. I’m in my early thirties, and as such, would be considered by many to be a millenial. I know it’s not just my generation, but I feel like we are huge into nostalgia. Think about it. Nintendo has now released two old consoles (NES and SNES). Vinyl records have been huge (although, once-skyrocketing sales are starting to plateau and decline). Old TV shows from ABC’s “TGIF” lineup are all available on Hulu. And countless movies are being rebooted. 

Has anyone else had this thought? What could be more nostalgic than taping on a disposable diaper (or pinning for those who prefer cloth)? I wonder if that’s part of the appeal of diapers for some of us. I think it may be for me. 

Thoughts?

I know that is why I absolutely have to wear plastic backed disposable diapers.  The more they crinkle the better as it takes me back to my pampers days.

I am born and raised in the 60`s cloth diapers and plastic pants were the thing to use back then. Nowadays I wear and use both. Cloth isn’t always convenient as I wear 24/7 and changing your cloth diaper while at work is not really an option. At home I usually switch to cloth and a plastic pant I really like the authentic look and feel. Yes it is very nostalgic if you would ask me.

I would like some Tena slip supers from 1999/2000. In the white packets with the blue stripe going down. If I managed to find a packet like them (I thin their was 28 in them) I would pay as much as they cost. I would really like them.

• 2 weeks later...

There is truth in that!  I laugh at people these days in their 20's who get nostalgic over something I consider as brand new!  Then again, I guess I can get nostalgic over things in the 1960's that my parents would laugh at!  They (my dad) would get nostalgic over his world war 2 army days, growing up on his farm in the 1920's and living through the depression!  You think of someone getting nostalgic over a small tin toy he had in the 1920's, then hear about a younger fellow today getting nostalgic over his first version of the I-Phone!  They may think fondly of a disposable diaper they wore 10 years ago and remark on how it's changed over the years and not as good.  GEE!  When I grew up it was cloth diapers and Gerber plastic pants!  Big differences on what we look back on from decade to decade.

I get nostalgic about lots of things from my past but nappies no way. Modern inco wear is so much better than what was available in the late 70's when I was growing up and a chronic nightly bedwetter. I was issued with the noisiest matteras protector and the most hopeless leaky adult disposable nappies or pads as the NHS insisted on calling them. I also had some horrible scratchy i fitting plastic pants as well. No things are much better as far as incontinene protection is concerned..

You would think diapers wouldn't be a nostalgic thing because most people can't remember far back enough to the time when they actually wore them. For me, I have no recollection whatsoever of wearing diapers growing up....however, liking diapers as I do, I have many recollections of the diapers that were available when I was a kid...so in turn, diapers are very nostalgic for me, but more so the ones that I remember and were available throughout the 90's instead of the ones I wore myself in the late 80's.  It's one of the reasons I like the SDK's so much :) 

My earliest memory is during Memorial Day weekend of 1968, 12 weeks before I turned 4. I have no memory of being toilet trained. My family tells me I was day dry at 30 months and night dry at 33 months. However, like all of my sister and our younger brother I had a tiny over-active bladder.

Therefore for trips and special events my Mom nicely asked us to wear "just-in-case" diapers. Consequently I have years of crystal-clear memories of being diapered in public. That first memory was of Mom diapering me on the meadow at Renaissance Pleasure Faire, with the actress playing the queen looking on and expressing approval.

I reverted to bedwetting at puberty in 1976 and to day wetting in 1985. Until I moved to university dorm in 1981 all of my diapers were Curity gauze fastened by pins and covered by vinyl panties, mostly made by Gerber. For ten years I only wore Attends disposables. In May of 1991 I met and fell in love with Don Davis who owned a nice house with a home laundry. That was when I could resume wearing gauze diapers to bed.

I've never felt nostalgic about any form of diaper, but what I have found out is that for me playing as an AB forks well as a coping strategy. For me I need gauze diapers to enhance my AB mood.

Does that mean I'm nostalgic for gauze diapers? I'm not sure. It has been ages since I had any classic Curity 21x40" flat 2-ply gauze diapers. I know I never wore any washable pre-fold diaper until 1991, yet those do help my AB mood. Four years ago I gave up washing my diapers at home. Don and I signed up with DyDee Service. Doing that did not spoil gauze diapers for me.

Apologies to those of you who felt left out because I mentioned my affinity for disposables. I was generalizing for myself, but thought I made it clear that, as I am a millennial, I feel most millennial ABDLs prefer disposables to cloth. 

On 11/22/2017 at 9:16 AM, MarkSmith said:

I know that is why I absolutely have to wear plastic backed disposable diapers.  The more they crinkle the better as it takes me back to my pampers days.

Same here. 100%

On 11/22/2017 at 6:20 AM, Mark84 said:

Thoughts?

There very Nostlagic for me. I never wore diapers but my cousin did growing up a bedwetter and I would wear with him on sleepovers. Early 90's. Sleepovers were the best with rated R movies. playing SNES and Genesis. and wearing pampers thoughtout it all. So yes I would say your right on the money with this one. For me at least