LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store
Elena

High cpu usage when visiting the site

From today when i visit this site my cpu gets to 80% and when i leave or visit another website it gets just normal, yesterday was working fine.

I resolve it by blocking the website "coinhive.com" .. i think you have a mining problem on the website

• Like 1

Yes, it appears DD, who is a bitcoin dabbler has installed the CORNHIVE links on these pages that attempt to hijack the customer's browsers to secretly do a little blockchain processing.   It's kind of bogus as it can't possibly net anything useful other than to cause serious SECURITY issues and otherwise surreptitiously annoy the users.    Of course, if you have decent firewall/security software, it catches this abusive behavior.    MalWareBytes fires continually on DD of late.

1 hour ago, willnotwill said:

Yes, it appears DD, who is a bitcoin dabbler has installed the CORNHIVE links on these pages that attempt to hijack the customer's browsers to secretly do a little blockchain processing.   It's kind of bogus as it can't possibly net anything useful other than to cause serious SECURITY issues and otherwise surreptitiously annoy the users.    Of course, if you have decent firewall/security software, it catches this abusive behavior.    MalWareBytes fires continually on DD of late.

Wasn't me! Wouldn't abuse our members like that. Fixing it now.

What was the issue with that?

It was coinhive, but was injected maliciously, not by me.

36 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Wasn't me! Wouldn't abuse our members like that. Fixing it now.

Thank you ^_^

Thanks for fixing it.  Also, pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is cornhive?

8 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

Thanks for fixing it.  Also, pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is cornhive?

Its a script that allows a website to utilize its visitors CPU's to mine bitcoin-like coins for the websites/advertisers profit, It became popular in the past month when The Pirate Bay started using it since their ads were being blocked on most of their users browsers.

Supposedly the script stops when you leave the website that is using it.

23 hours ago, DailyDi said:

It was coinhive, but was injected maliciously, not by me.

By the way is still here it came back :(

Better tell DailyDi to install a cornhive popper on this site.  Also, does cornhive just steal people's bitcoins, outsource processing tasks to people's computers, or what exactly?

It uses your computer to mine bitcoins for them, doesn't steal yours.

That makes it exploitware, a kind of malware. See MalwareBytes

Same here

Well, at least we know MalwareBytes Premium works

Looks like this site is going to be down for a couple of days for this kind of clean-out. This is a bottle of citrate of magnesia and two Dulcolax time

Maybe it got into the server

It's been referred to DailyDi's tech gurus... Trying to find where it is and remove it.

It shows up in a hunk of javascript that keeps changing name (VMnnnn) so I assume it's automatically generated by something else.    From the client end that's all I can see, but I can tell you the large amount of JS script inclusions in a directly called "uploads" makes me real nervous about the security of the site.

On 10/15/2017 at 6:59 AM, Little Christine said:

Same here

Well, at least we know MalwareBytes Premium works

Looks like this site is going to be down for a couple of days for this kind of clean-out. This is a bottle of citrate of magnesia and two Dulcolax time

Make that a double on the citrate

5 hours ago, willnotwill said:

It shows up in a hunk of javascript that keeps changing name (VMnnnn) so I assume it's automatically generated by something else.    From the client end that's all I can see, but I can tell you the large amount of JS script inclusions in a directly called "uploads" makes me real nervous about the security of the site.

Whoever is responsible for that better get busted for hacking.  Any idea as to the contents of the 'uploads' directory?