LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store
Kaliborio

Visual tipoffs

I've been wanting to write an article for my tumblr about how to dress to avoid visually clueing in other people that you are wearing diapers.

What would you say are some visual clues that someone is wearing a diaper? Other clues are also acceptable, if they are obscure and you feel people might not know about them.

• Like 1

I’d have to start by expressing my strong opinion that many of us tend to worry about people guessing at the nature of our underwear to a degree out of all proportion to the risk.

Worn within the bounds of reason, even adult size nappies aren’t very (if at all) obvious under clothes and the vast majority of people you pass by aren’t going to be staring intently at your genital area for the subtle hints that may or may not be present there.  Despite being a lifelong DL, I don’t notice people going about attired but statistically, I must pass a few every day as I work in the CBD and the prevalence of incontinence in the wider community dictates that they are there.  On the VERY rare occasions I *have* noticed somebody wearing, I suspect they either wanted people to know or were sufficiently uninhibited to make ANY effort at concealment.  Even then, I wondered if it was only obvious to me as a DL.

The visual cues (such as they are) would be revealed by tighter, form-fitting clothing that would highlight any bulk around your crotch or bum.  Another “gotcha” would be having the top of your nappy or plastic pants ride above your outer pants without being concealed by your upper garment.  Short pants with short leggings that ride up as you take a seat can yield a glimpse of plastic pant legging on your upper thigh if the viewing angle is just so.  I can’t imagine that a bikini or a pair of speedos is a great idea either but I never tried :-)

These risks are pretty easily mitigated.  I tend to wear fairly thick, pinned cloth nappies and plastic pants.  You’d think this would be the worst case scenario for public wear but I will happily go out in them if the need arises.  I just wear loose-fitting jeans that are a size or two bigger than I need at the waist.  This time of year in QLD, I'd be in shorts but they are not THAT short.  Mostly, I’ll let my shirt hang over the top of my pants (don’t tuck it in) but sometimes I’ve worn at work and just had a onesie on underneath.  Even a VERY thick nappy can be managed with a compression garment if you're looking for long range cruise capability and cloth.

I’ll take a quick glance at myself in a mirror before heading out – apart from a slightly puffy and featureless crotch along with a slightly larger than usual bum, there really isn’t much cue.   On the rare occasions I wear a disposable, even less. There are photos on my Fetlife profile to prove it!

Just don’t leak and when you do, wear dark pants :-)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, oznl said:

I’d have to start by expressing my strong opinion that many of us tend to worry about people guessing at the nature of our underwear to a degree out of all proportion to the risk.

All very well said, thanks for sharing.

15 hours ago, oznl said:

I have to agree with the opening line of ONZL we worry to much as it comes to others figuring out what we wear. For sure if you wear tight fitting clothes and wear a thick diaper there is an increased chance others will notice. I am currently in the midst of a two week vacation and wear a rather thick diaper combination throughout the day, an Abena M4, a folded cloth diaper over it and top it off with a snug fitting plastic pant. So far and as far as I can tell nobody ever noticed. To cover my diaper I usually wear some sort of sweat pant and a sloppy sweater. For me the combination is golden. Once you get more trusted with your garment and if you do not draw the attention towards you and especially towards your diaper one should be ok.

Like everybody has said- the risk is 90% in our head.   I've worn in many places, including to medical appointments, and in front of my SIL- who is pediatrician.  I'm sure she could notice, but if she has- she hasn't said anything, nor have any of the nurses.   And I've worn some rather thick disposables.

In my case I tend to wear loose fitting Khaki's, or shorts and put boxers over to keep accidental exposure to a minimum.   I always cover my diaper, even in private.   That, along with loose fitting pants is enough to keep suspicion down.

I don't think you really need to.   Most people aren't looking for sings of diapers.......  noone is really going to put two and two together and most that do.notice will not say anything. It's not like noone every heard of depends so they just assum you have medical problems unless your doing something inappropriate for wearing very baby like clothing in public.  I helped a elederly couple change a tire and my diaper worked it's way out the back of my pants Like a toddler.   The lady tiped me and sudjested I pull up.my pants.  But never said anything about my diaper.

If you wear reasonably loose trousers the bulk of your diaper is unlikely to be that noticable.  The giveaways are bending down when the top of your diaper shows above your waist band, if you wear plastic pants over your diapers, a telltale noise and, if your full near to leaking a possible smell. But you learn to live with it  Also, people may wonder why you haven't gone to the toilet when everybody else has.  The contents of my backpack is the biggest giveaway so that is always closed.  .

I've seen soo many photos and real butts in person, 90% of the time it is hard to tell.   Women are frequently wearing tight pants and I find it hard to tell if they are wearing or not (pants are tight between the butt crack).  One time after a long stare on some light blue dress pants, I could see the outline of a maxi pad near the left side in the middle of the butt crack (it must of been a super long one).  It only revealed itself when the lady had her left foot forward such that the pants became very tight).  The technology of absorbent products has made them all thin and discreet.  My wife used to wear overnight maxi during the day and I could never tell.  The only way I could see when she would sit on the couch in a short dress :).  Well, the brand has plastic on the underside, so I can hear here walking around (even the thin pads).

A lot of people just cover up their butts as well, so you'll never see a thing.  You might be able to hear a crinkle in that case, but background noise is becoming louder and louder nowadays.

For no apparent reason ever since the start of this topic I’ve been paying extra attention as to how far I can push it before my diaper becomes noticeable, I don’t want it to be noticeable. Never really paid any specific attention to it, always thought it would be ok as long as you could close the zipper on your pants, without using too much force. The biggest change I have noticed so far; your butt crack disappears for your bottom becomes more rounded off. Wearing a thick diaper or even layering diapers really doesn’t show all that much. For sure you’ll have to use common sense. If you wear loose fitting clothes, a nice sloppy sweater or long t-shirt you’ll be fine before you know it. Unless your diaper shows above your waistband, have telltale leaks or deliberately overdue it, I doubt there are a lot of giveaways.

I bet the #1 customer request nowadays for diaper design is that it cannot be detected or noticed under clothing.  Consequently, manufacturers are designing to them and frequently you read about it in reviews and marketing materials.