LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Plastic Pants From Protex ?

I :badmood: 've only purchased two pairs in my entire life nut both were from protex. I'm a disposable kinda guy. Anyways, I got this cute pair with bears and ballons and what not. I really liked them look wise. When I wear them they are very uncomfortable. The leg gathers cut into my skinny legs. The waist is fine and there is plenty of room after the diaper is on also. Here is the biggest gripe. They fall apart. I have only wore them a hanful of times and only for short periods of time. I have never had to wash them since they aren't dirtied. So why are they falling apart? Once one string pops out around an elastic band it's all over. Is protex junk? I emailed them about the 1st pair falling apart and I got the " how to care for " email. They fall apart b4 they even get dirty !!!! I'm disgruntled .

I :badmood: 've only purchased two pairs in my entire life nut both were from protex. I'm a disposable kinda guy. Anyways, I got this cute pair with bears and ballons and what not. I really liked them look wise. When I wear them they are very uncomfortable. The leg gathers cut into my skinny legs. The waist is fine and there is plenty of room after the diaper is on also. Here is the biggest gripe. They fall apart. I have only wore them a hanful of times and only for short periods of time. I have never had to wash them since they aren't dirtied. So why are they falling apart? Once one string pops out around an elastic band it's all over. Is protex junk? I emailed them about the 1st pair falling apart and I got the " how to care for " email. They fall apart b4 they even get dirty !!!! I'm disgruntled .

I can't cvomment mon Protex directly... I haven't used their pants. Generally, though, there are a few things you should know about plastic pants. The biggest one is: the oils from your skin are the material's biggest enemy. By not washing them (and especially if you sweat), the oil will erode the plastic very q1uickly.

I recommend you wash them according to the manufacturer's instructions. I usually get about three months of wear from my plastic pants, rotating them in a wear cycle, over cloth diapers (I'm incontintent) before they get stiff and begin to crack. And I machine wash them with my diapers and hang to dry. Hope this helps, good luck.

Mo

I can't comment on Protex directly... I haven't used their pants. Generally, though, there are a few things you should know about plastic pants. The biggest one is: the oils from your skin are the material's biggest enemy. By not washing them (and especially if you sweat), the oil will erode the plastic very quickly.

I recommend you wash them according to the manufacturer's instructions. I usually get about three months of wear from my plastic pants, rotating them in a wear cycle, over cloth diapers (I'm incontintent) before they get stiff and begin to crack. And I machine wash them with my diapers and hang to dry. Hope this helps, good luck.

Mo

Umm, if those leg gathers are cutting your legs, then they are too small and overstressed. Of course they break. Try a bigger size.

I've always had good luck with protex. Try the big baby line. The plastic is very soft and comfortable. I have a pair I have worn on and off for years. Thicker pants also tend to get dry and crack also depnding on how you store them.

• 1 month later...

It sounds like you ordered them too small. Plastic pants should be comfortable and loose fitting. If you have a leaking problem, you need a better diaper.

I use plastic pants with cloth diapers.

Thanks for the advice. I have been considering ordering plastic pants but don't know who to order from. My main concern is that they delivered discretely. I have read horror stories about people receiving boxes clearly marked diapers. This could cause a big problem for me. Anyone know of a very discrete company for plastic pants and onessies?

I can tell you that, Angel Fluff, Comco and Fetware are descrete.

Loving Comfort and Adultclothdiaper.com are good as well

Thanks for the advice. I have been considering ordering plastic pants but don't know who to order from. My main concern is that they delivered discretely. I have read horror stories about people receiving boxes clearly marked diapers. This could cause a big problem for me. Anyone know of a very discrete company for plastic pants and onessies?

You won't have any problem by ordering from Fetware. They are discreet and they will help you, plus they have styles that you will probably like. The stuff they have in stock will be at your home in just a couple of business days by priority mail, or they can use a faster way if you prefer.

[many different kind of plastic pants from all companys, i think i own about 500 pair

WOW!! And I thought I had way too many at 73 pairs.

there's just too many varieties of plastic pants out there to get bummed out by one pair, one style, from one company.

I grew up with "PattyCake's" from Woolworth's and "Empire" from Kresgee's (before thay becameK-Mart).......TODDLER size.

Gerber toddler size were premium plastic pants.

I prefer Kins today. They ship discreetly from Canada.

my favorite ones were from VIP. I have a few left. But key in wear is buying teh correct size. If teh legs pinch, they are too tight and will quickly rip.

I have had good wear from comco pants, and babykins.

Froggy

I heard VIP was going out of business.

Keep in mind I am old and I don't remember where I haerd it :)

my favorite ones were from VIP. I have a few left. But key in wear is buying teh correct size. If teh legs pinch, they are too tight and will quickly rip.

I have had good wear from comco pants, and babykins.

Froggy