LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
WBDaddy

Diaper Dimension thoughts

63 posts in this topic

I wanna kind of resume this here because this is (I think) intended to be more of an incubator of sorts.  Ultimately, I think my questions are more ideas for someone to explore in future DD stories, if folks are so inclined...

If Amazons are all ripe and ready to adopt Littles rather than go through the trouble of having their own children, how does that affect Amazon children, especially when a Little enters an Amazon household with young children already there?  

How do Littles find their way to the "orphanages" referenced in other DD stories?  Is it an age thing?  Because I imagine the smaller sizes also come with faster metabolisms, which mean that Amazons live much longer than Littles.  I also imagine that, because of the shorter lifespan and their excessively protective treatment, that Littles don't tend to age in terms we normally think of, like grey hair and wrinkled skin.  I imagine they still look very young, maybe like a tiny 30-year-old, compared to Amazons, when they die of old age in their 60's.

Feel free to add your own curiosities or run with some I've thrown out there...

Just thinking pure biology-wise, I'm not totally convinced that Amazons would live longer. 

Based on what I know, Amazons and Littles are just differently sized people, right? Maybe a few other small differences, but they're both effectively human. And, as far as humans go, tall humans don't live as long as short humans. Gigantism is a medical condition for a reason, the bigger the human body gets, the shorter it can work effectively: Too much strain on the lungs and heart, mostly, since a single organ can only pump so hard. If the Amazons do have a slower-than-human metabolism to compensate for their size, though, then they should naturally be far more lethargic and slow than normal humans, and shouldn't really be athletic or strong in the traditional sense.

It was Princess who originally came up with the orphanages thing, I think in her second Sierra story.

Those things could be fun to play with.  I'm wondering if there could be other differences- perhaps their genetics are more advanced than humans.  Or since giants are so big, perhaps they'd have multiple hearts? Not sure how that would effect them though XD  

Well, from what Ausdpr and I discussed privately, Littles are actually smaller (4'-4'6" on average) than normal humans.  Alyssa, apparently, was short enough to look like a tall Little as opposed to a Middle (5'3"-5'7" on average).  For reference, Amazons are 9' on average.

I did some projections of Amazon child development based on human growth charts and discovered that the average Amazon child is bigger than most Littles by the time he or she is three years old.

32 in/19 lbs at birth

48 in/54 lbs at 1 yr

54 in/69 lbs at 2 yrs

59 in/79 lbs at 3 yrs

Certainly helps explain the point of view on Littles...

The creative brilliance of the Diaper Dimension is that it enables babyfication of adults without the need for sciento-magical shrinkage of the one babyfied into a suitable size to fit a baby vs mother relationship and since it's the major fantasy of our creed, it places minimal demands on our willingness to suspend disbelief. Of course there are problems associated with this, but why the need to analyse and cover every possible aspect of it? Does every author/writer really have to obey the limits imposed by the creators of other stories within the same broad framework or can it be allowed to remain just that, a broad framework?

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Zinaya said:

The creative brilliance of the Diaper Dimension is that it enables babyfication of adults without the need for sciento-magical shrinkage of the one babyfied into a suitable size to fit a baby vs mother relationship and since it's the major fantasy of our creed, it places minimal demands on our willingness to suspend disbelief. Of course there are problems associated with this, but why the need to analyse and cover every possible aspect of it? Does every author/writer really have to obey the limits imposed by the creators of other stories within the same broad framework or can it be allowed to remain just that, a broad framework?

I wouldn't say that anything in this universe is "canon" unless someone chooses to follow it.  It's fanfic at this point, fans of the original and/or the early contributions to it writing new stories.  There is a budding sociopolitical construct happening as people explore more "realistic" aspects of it, but even that can be disregarded if someone so chooses.

TL;DR version:  Write what you want to write. :) 

There's always the fun of fanon= aka things that happen so much/ are repeated in various works  in fanfiction that the fandom in general accepts it as unoffical canon. Hence, fanon. 

Another idea is how different cultures would handle it.  This I kind of got from WB Daddy's story and the American media approach. It's had be kicking around some very rough ideas- perhaps Littles living in a country very much like a modern Dynastic China, where foot binding of females was still common place.  

On 12/24/2015 at 1:47 AM, WBDaddy said:

Sorry, accidentally quoted, and can't figure out how to send the box away:

Different Idea:  I was thinking of how ausdpr holds the position of all Littles secretly deep down inside them want to be babied.  Even if it's deep down in the part that will never willingly admit such a thing.

What about a church or cult that holds and encourages this thought, even in the Littles itself.  Like the goal is to make Littles becoming babies seem socially acceptable and reasonable to Littles.  "Cast off your shame, and be reborn!"  

1 hour ago, Personalias said:

What about a church or cult that holds and encourages this thought, even in the Littles itself.  Like the goal is to make Littles becoming babies seem socially acceptable and reasonable to Littles.  "Cast off your shame, and be reborn!"  

One sponsored by Amazons tired of the CAMOL/Littles rights advocacy movement, no doubt. :D  Really cool idea, actually.  You should run with it! 

Well obviously it's an Amazon scheme to get Littles to come willingly to them.  

Eh...Diaper Dimension just isn't my thing right now.  Well, not my thing to write, anyways.  I still like the setting for reading purposes, but my heart wouldn't be into writing it.  But if I can inspire someone more dedicated than I to pick up an idea and run with it in their own direction, so be it.

'Nother absurd idea: Comedy celebrity spoof piece.  Since the DD is a place where all diaper story tropes are real to one degree or another, that means that there has to be a neighborhood or city somewhere where every hot female celebrity is in diapers.  Would probably need a protagonist not native to the Dimension to realize the absurdity of it.

On 24/12/2015 at 2:47 AM, WBDaddy said:

If Amazons are all ripe and ready to adopt Littles rather than go through the trouble of having their own children, how does that affect Amazon children, especially when a Little enters an Amazon household with young children already there?  

How do Littles find their way to the "orphanages" referenced in other DD stories?  Is it an age thing?  Because I imagine the smaller sizes also come with faster metabolisms, which mean that Amazons live much longer than Littles.  I also imagine that, because of the shorter lifespan and their excessively protective treatment, that Littles don't tend to age in terms we normally think of, like grey hair and wrinkled skin.  I imagine they still look very young, maybe like a tiny 30-year-old, compared to Amazons, when they die of old age in their 60's.

Some "children's Amazon" feel displaced. So they develop a resentment (hate) Asia, littles.
But some Amazons, adopt Littles, as pets or living doly for "Amazon children"
But some Amazons, adopt Littles, to replace, to a "Amazon children", who are in university or already have their own family. (empty nest syndrome).
They could also be, Amazons, who can not have their own children (lesbians and single mothers and infertile women)

Because I imagine the smaller sizes also come with faster metabolisms, which mean that Amazons live much longer than Littles.  I also imagine that, because of the shorter lifespan and their excessively protective treatment, that Littles don't tend to age in terms we normally think of, like grey hair and wrinkled skin.  I imagine they still look very young, maybe like a tiny 30-year-old, compared to Amazons, when they die of old age in their 60's.

How do Littles find their way to the "orphanages" referenced in other DD stories?

A homeless Amazons, seek refuge in a shelter.
A homeless Littles (without residence or identification), he is taken to an orphanage, (to prevent the abduction of Littles). but littles, hospitalized with no known family are also eligible,
for adoption.

Because I imagine the smaller sizes also come with faster metabolisms, which mean that Amazons live much longer than Littles.  I also imagine that, because of the shorter lifespan and their excessively protective treatment, that Littles don't tend to age in terms we normally think of, like grey hair and wrinkled skin.  I imagine they still look very young, maybe like a tiny 30-year-old, compared to Amazons, when they die of old age in their 60's.

There is a general rule, to mammals.
Meanwhile, more bigger, is a species. more slow your heart beats, and longer life. possess (greater longevity)

Cats: live 12 years
Dogs: live 15 years
Elephants: live 90 years
Human: they are the exception (unknown reason)

------------

NOTE: Gigantism: disease, which lies in the pituitary gland. Indeed the skeleton becomes increasingly, more tall and more slim. Thin bones, are more delicate (easily broken), and can not protect the organs. The heart remains the same size. A little heart can not withstand such a large body. (Amazons have, proportional and functional bodies. With healthy bones. and a heart of suitable size)

-------------

The Littles are more, faster. But the Amazons, are more strong. And they have longer legs.

Average height
Amazons: 9 feet
In-between: 6 feet
littles: 3 Feet

----------

Sometimes an amazons and Littles married. and they had descendants:

if one considers the Little, a recessive gene. Genotype indicate the following: in the descendants

25% Amazon Pure

25% Little Pure

50 % Amazon, carrier of the gene (in the descendants, the process is repeated)

--------

The Teen Baby: A Diaper Dimension Story - by mary-c-jones

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?/topic/50000-the-teen-baby-a-diaper-dimension-story/#comment-991048

http://www.escolares.net/wp-content/uploads/Monohibridismo-y-dihibridismo-2.jpg

What shall happen with the properties of a Little, adopted?
In a legal adoption:
Property, passing power, the adoptive mother except where the mother decides to allow the Little keep.
In a kidnapping (most common). Little still retains its properties until the claim, or is declared legally dead and disappeared.

1 person likes this

Nice genealogy and very interesting thoughts JohnSmith13! It all depends on how you regard the genes for each type I guess. The easiest one would be where the tween gene is dominant and the littlia/amazonia genes are recessives in which case Amazons and Littles would breed true as by necessity they only have the amazon/little genes respectively. Impure Tweens would produce either 1/4 little or 1/4 amazon with the really interesting option being the breeding of a "B + a" and "B + l" pair which would yield 25% "a + l" in which case it's hobson's choice which of these two is the dominant one. Let's say it's a! This would make possible the "a + l" and "a + l" => a + a, a + l, a + l and finally l + l, eg. three Amazons and one Little resulting from the mating of a pair of impure Amazons.

This way, Amazons could occasionally engender Littles but never Tweens.

So, what would be the general in-universe reaction (like, if just seen casually strolling down the street together) to a 'free' Little and her Giant friend - as in, no romantic overtones (maybe), no parent-&-child relationship, just two friends who happen to be of different 'races' (and the Giant is muscular/scary-looking enough that the average person won't seriously bug them)?

(...Basically, my brain - which likes to make crazy crossover ideas at the slightest provocation - saw a certain pair of not-ordinarily-sized characters from an anime, while I was also waiting for a story on this site to update, and thought: what if, by some inter-dimensional / what-if / because-the-author-said-so stuff like being part of a multi-Realm hero group and sent in as scouts to hunt for someone or something like that... Gamagoori Ira and Jakuzure Nonon from Kill la Kill ended up in the DD-verse? I'm pretty sure that Nonon is Little-sized, even if maybe slightly 'tall' for one (though I think her mouth might get her in trouble if she's not careful), while Gamagoori is a towering mountain of muscle with a foreboding presence and deep, booming voice)

2 minutes ago, DKN117 said:

So, what would be the general reaction (like, if just seen casually strolling down the street together) to a 'free' Little and her Giant friend - as in, no romantic overtones (maybe), no parent-&-child relationship, just two friends who happen to be of different 'races' (and the Giant is muscular/scary-looking enough that the average person won't seriously bug them)?

(...Basically, my brain - which likes to make crazy crossover ideas at the slightest provocation - saw a certain pair of not-ordinarily-sized characters from an anime, while I was also waiting for a story on this site to update, and thought: what if, by some inter-dimensional / what-if / because-the-author-said-so stuff like being part of a multi-Realm hero group and sent in as scouts to hunt for someone or something like that... Gamagoori Ira and Jakuzure Nonon from Kill la Kill ended up in the DD-verse? I'm pretty sure that Nonon is Little-sized, even if maybe slightly 'tall' for one, while Gamagoori is a towering mountain of muscle with a foreboding presence and deep, booming voice)

Well, the reaction was positive in The Promise, where an Amazon and a Little are roommates and he is very protective of her, often in spite of his girlfriend.

On 31/12/2015 at 11:22 PM, Personalias said:

Different Idea:  I was thinking of how ausdpr holds the position of all Littles secretly deep down inside them want to be babied.  Even if it's deep down in the part that will never willingly admit such a thing.

I don't exactly think littles would secretly deep down inside want to be babied. Rather the readers do, in a conflicting way, and are exploring the universe through projection via the littles. So the littles might act like somebody who secretly deep down wants to potentially be babied, but not necessarily be that themselves. Meaning that, they perhaps have limitations on their actions and behaviours and cleverness, as if they're self-sabotaging, creating their own bad luck sometimes if only they'd be more forceful or clever or insistent, but let themselves get swept up in and play along too easily, to necessarily match what a realistic person from our world might.

Eventually they - perhaps unrealistically - somewhat accept their place as a baby, because the reader wants to through them. They are not necessarily meant to be fully realistic people with fully realistic responses, but a vehicle. An amalgamation of projection story characters, who get trapped in diaperhood, as per the stories that they are drawn from (and not only the littles, they just represent one trope where height results in people being babied due to mistaken identity or otherwise, which is particularly fun in a world quite public about it).

By the same token, they shouldn't be exposed to random acts of savagery or other things from history simply because they are an underclass. They represent a trope, of normal people, who diaper things happen to. If the domination isn't interpersonal, it would ideally at least be heavily themed as per usual ABDL stories.

1 person likes this

My apologies to Ausdpr if you feel that I have misrepresented you.  Thank you for clarifying your opinions.

The genetic thing ignores the existence of in-betweeners. You might have a situation where rather than a purely Mendelian heredity you get a sort of in-between state when the gene is heterozygous, but the fanon as it stands doesn't seem to bear that out. I don't think anyone was thinking about the heredity of the three races when writing though, so nothing's really been established. 

From what I've read and understood, you have three races or subspecies, the Littles, the In-betweeners and the Amazons. We know that the Amazons have tech far in advance of the rest of the humanoid races which further cements their dominance. 

I've had some thoughts though. How do Littles survive long enough to breed? 

A fair few stories describe there being a large landmass and a smaller landmass whose population consists solely of Littles. Other stories show Littles living alongside Amazons and In-betweeners and running the risks that that carries. 

Here are my thoughts. Maybe Littles choose to live among Amazons because the technological advances aren't just in the field of shrink rays and robotics, but also in the field of medicine, allowing a Little to live a much longer, healthier life than would be possible on the comparatively more backwards Little island. 

Maybe Amazons, being a larger subspecies, live longer and have fewer children while Littles don't live as long and have more children to compensate for the likelihood of abduction.

Additionally, Littles are almost never depicted as being ugly. That probably has a lot to do with the laws of narrative and wish fulfilment, but in truth, if Amazons were attracted to cute Littles, then they would be abducted at a much higher rate than their ugly brothers and sisters and taken out of the gene pool. This would impose a selective pressure on them. Littles would be getting steadily uglier as time went on as only those left behind would be left to breed.

However, we don't see what happens to older Littles. It might be that Amazons get bored of their Little charges after a number of years and get rid of them or let them free. The freed Littles would then be able to go off and breed, furthering their attractive genes. Maybe the less attractive ones have to fend for themselves and fall victim to the social inequalities almost inevitable in a system like we see in the DD. A Little able to attract an Amazon to take care of them would have an advantage.

Littles living on the same continent as the Amazons might also have their own ghettos within cities and towns, or live in remote and inaccessible places away from Amazons. 

I don't know, I probably sound nuts. What do you all think?

Not at all.  It's fun to speculate. :) 

The creator of the universe (who thankfully gave us permission to write in her setting, which has been brilliant), never quite made it out as some authors (including myself) have perhaps taken to describing it. Littles were one type of people but they weren't all exclusively dominated. Littles married amazons. Littles had public careers. Etc. They just represented the Hal-story like trope of shorter people who often end up in diapers (experiencing this risk with all other sized people). Amazons also ended up in diapers, for different tropeish reasons. The very first view of the universe even described some bigger people being dominated by smaller people (Princess has written at least one caption with that theme).

We just tend to like writing the big/little size dynamics, so it's the one which is heard of a lot. I think Chasing Emily (probably my favourite, tied with the original) presented the original harsher society for littles, though even then it was just the little character's point of view, and she was often told she was overreacting, and doubted herself at times.

5 minutes ago, ausdpr said:

The creator of the universe (who thankfully gave us permission to write in her setting, which has been brilliant), never quite made it out as some authors (including myself) have perhaps taken to describing it. Littles were one type of people but they weren't all exclusively dominated. Littles married amazons. Littles had public careers. Etc. They just represented the Hal-story like trope of shorter people who often end up in diapers (experiencing this risk with all other sized people). Amazons also ended up in diapers, for different tropeish reasons. The very first view of the universe even described some bigger people being dominated by smaller people (Princess has written at least one caption with that theme).

We just tend to like writing the big/little size dynamics, so it's the one which is heard of a lot. I think Chasing Emily (probably my favourite, tied with the original) presented the original harsher society for littles, though even then it was just the little character's point of view, and she was often told she was overreacting, and doubted herself at times.

Way I see it, it's a big planet.  

Perhaps it's a matter of a more enlightened society in the original story, where the more dystopian view coming from Wrong is Wrong and The Promise and my little mess is another continent, on the other side of the world, where the inherent racism is still deeply ingrained and Littles have a much rougher go of it.

There's room for both, I think. 

That's been my reasoning, for every different take on the dimension. Though any question of genetics, and how there's still littles around, etc, would probably want to take those original definitions of the dimension into account. Personally I don't think that nailing down the genetics etc is necessarily going to lead to a fun outcome, it's an intentionally whacky scenario where everything from every diaper fetish story happens frequently. Including, age regression, robots, hypnosis, etc. Questions of genetics, war, disease, trauma, etc, don't fit the setting in the same way they don't for the toys of the toy story universe, it's presuming the wrong lens for which parts of them are realistic as per our world, or which function in their own unique way which are probably better off not being defined.

The only reason I invented the island of littles trope, which others seem to have picked up, was because I didn't know how to write a little who already lived in this society due to lack of imagination :P (although InkuHime showed how to do that wonderfully), so wanted to write a character who could explore it fresh. It wasn't necessarily meant to be an answer to where littles come from or anything, or even a major part of the world. I figured for the most part, Princess's original vision is the majority of the world.

My current huge story which I'm writing does have several countries with very different rules involved, which I think will be fun, though primarily takes place in InkuHime's city.

The world that I see in my mind's eye, without giving too much away, has multiple continents/countries and as it is in the real world, each see the situation differently. As in laws, etc.  Being from the U.S. I like to look at it as an alternate reality of the U.S. while I'm writing the story.

7 hours ago, Kio Rampas said:

Additionally, Littles are almost never depicted as being ugly. That probably has a lot to do with the laws of narrative and wish fulfilment, but in truth, if Amazons were attracted to cute Littles, then they would be abducted at a much higher rate than their ugly brothers and sisters and taken out of the gene pool. This would impose a selective pressure on them. Littles would be getting steadily uglier as time went on as only those left behind would be left to breed.

You make good sense but there could be a way: As the life of free Littles are hard, they have few children, one or two at most. Captured Littles do not stay cute and babylike from age 16 or whichever age they are taken into custody by Amazons. They age and at some point, they will be freed. If such Littles, the ones genetically predisposed to being cute and pretty, were sponsored and encouraged by Amazon society, they would tend to have more than one or two children. If that's the way it works, then the ugly ones would be the ones bred out.  -_-