LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My experience with stents

15 hours ago, cathdiap said:

Are these the ones that you found on AliExpress? They seem to be molds for small crystal balls.

EE2749AB-1273-46BB-8F18-4420D87CB85F.thumb.jpeg.ddbb260621799c0d5936bef12cf497fd.jpeg

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/33019105761.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.13ba7d61mwMl8L&algo_pvid=01ddb506-b8e8-4c1c-8f3d-77e722d230cb&algo_exp_id=01ddb506-b8e8-4c1c-8f3d-77e722d230cb-12&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id"%3A"67155467164"}&pdp_npi=2%40dis!EUR!!7.99!!!!!%402101d68d16580395451556760ef48f!67155467164!sea

This is the article. It is intended for being bitten by babies, made of food grade silicone.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, doogles said:

@FerixAny update on your design?

unfortunately, the metal bumps are too big to pass through my meatus. I'm still contemplating if it's worth trying to grind down the bumps a touch to make it work or not.

5 minutes ago, Ferix said:

unfortunately, the metal bumps are too big to pass through my meatus. I'm still contemplating if it's worth trying to grind down the bumps a touch to make it work or not.

What diameter are you using?

@Ferix

If it doesn't pass the meatus, which is the largest diameter of the urethra, it will not pass at all. Buy new fittings that are sized to a larger bore catheter. I use a 16 fr for my stents, and I don't even know they're there. If I needed something to really stay put, I'd consider something in the 26 fr area, but that's just me.

8 hours ago, sandiaper said:

What diameter are you using?

The bumps on my stent are 10 mm.

I have sounds that I've used to stretch my meatus. The sounds that would work are at 9 mm but could not use 10 mm. One of the sounds is 9 mm at one end and 10 mm at the other and I can't push it past the part of the sound that expands from 9 mm to 10 mm.

It seems that I am right on the cusp of the bump on my sound being too big to pass the meatus.

2 hours ago, doogles said:

@Ferix

If it doesn't pass the meatus, which is the largest diameter of the urethra, it will not pass at all. Buy new fittings that are sized to a larger bore catheter. I use a 16 fr for my stents, and I don't even know they're there. If I needed something to really stay put, I'd consider something in the 26 fr area, but that's just me.

This is not true for my anatomy.

My meatus is pretty tight and the rest of my urethra is not. I know this because when I used my vinyl stent that went up to 11 mm, it was so tight pushing through the meatus that the bump of the vinyl stent would compress slightly to squeeze past the meatus but once it was through the meatus, it had no problem passing through the rest of the urethra. Pulling the stent out after using it revealed that the 11 mm bump on the vinyl sound was no longer compressed and for some reason could pass through the meatus; so it had difficulty going in but not coming out.

8 hours ago, Ferix said:

Wow, that's a 30fr right there. Scary. I would get something smaller and see if it works. You may not need something outrageous, rather, you want the differential between the tube and the cap to be large, that prevents migration. As a guess, you'd want your anchor caps to be twice the size of your tube.

Too bad urethral stents for this purpose don't have any research.

8 hours ago, Ferix said:

Ok, not the case for me, and the research I've done falls in line with my anatomy, but we are all different.

One other note I thought of recently on your design on July 7: you have your retrieval line double backed through holes in the proximal end. If those become taught, they will become uncomfortable cutting wires on your internal sphincter. I don't have an immediate solution, but I've got my gears turning.

19 hours ago, doogles said:

Wow, that's a 30fr right there. Scary. I would get something smaller and see if it works. You may not need something outrageous

Sorry to scare you with outrageous sizes. The metal bumps used in my stent are from sounds. I'd avoid doing any research on urethral sounds if you have a tendency to scare easily since sounds can go upwards of 17 mm. Fr size numbers increases every 0.33 mm and the sizing numbers go up quickly; big numbers can seem scary.

I originally purchased the metal bumps from sounds on eBay, which sold out after I purchased mine, but I found more could be purchased on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/984626861/silicone-catheter-urethral-sound-hollow

19 hours ago, doogles said:

One other note I thought of recently on your design on July 7: you have your retrieval line double backed through holes in the proximal end. If those become taught, they will become uncomfortable cutting wires on your internal sphincter. I don't have an immediate solution, but I've got my gears turning.

I see what your saying and it may be an issue. There's other ways that the retrieval line could be done, my first thought was to go with the simplest, test it out short term, then remove and make any adjustments accordingly.

However, I'm not in a position to test out the stent design as it is and I'm not sure I want to move forward with it. I'm still mulling over if I want to grind down the bumps a touch or not since these particular bumps aren't made in any other sizes.

I'm bit timid about taking the risk of doing stents again as it's been a couple years since doing catheter and stent play last, which I had done for over a decade and it was quite addicting, felt amazing, but also gave me a few UTIs. Perhaps this was the diaper gods saying not to mess with stents again.

On 8/9/2022 at 3:52 PM, Ferix said:

I'm glad you finally mentioned this.  I was curious how you could get it in since I have the same parts and they are around 13mm across (or 33ishFR in catheter)!

5 hours ago, InD said:

I'm glad you finally mentioned this.  I was curious how you could get it in since I have the same parts and they are around 13mm across (or 33ishFR in catheter)!

My plan is to take my whetstone and pass it across like I would a knife and make a couple flat spots. All that needs to be done is the circumference to be reduced. Since it's close, as I can pass a 9 mm sound, I wouldn't need to remove much. I haven't decided if I wanted to or not yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2022 at 6:55 AM, Ferix said:

I have sounds that I've used to stretch my meatus. The sounds that would work are at 9 mm but could not use 10 mm. One of the sounds is 9 mm at one end and 10 mm at the other and I can't push it past the part of the sound that expands from 9 mm to 10 mm.

It seems that I am right on the cusp of the bump on my sound being too big to pass the meatus.

My meatus is pretty tight and the rest of my urethra is not. I know this because when I used my vinyl stent that went up to 11 mm, it was so tight pushing through the meatus that the bump of the vinyl stent would compress slightly to squeeze past the meatus but once it was through the meatus, it had no problem passing through the rest of the urethra. Pulling the stent out after using it revealed that the 11 mm bump on the vinyl sound was no longer compressed and for some reason could pass through the meatus; so it had difficulty going in but not coming out.

If a 10mm bulge goes through your internal sphincter and is in your bladder, does trying to urinate and push make it come out or does it stay in until you decide to pull it out with the retrieval rope?

A lot of this thread, at the start mostly, has disappeared. I'm looking to create my own stent, but the pics and how tos are missing. Would anyone be able to help explain how they created one so that I can attempt to as well? 

• Like 1
On 8/24/2022 at 2:53 PM, zraihusky said:

A lot of this thread, at the start mostly, has disappeared. I'm looking to create my own stent, but the pics and how tos are missing. Would anyone be able to help explain how they created one so that I can attempt to as well? 

Agreed! I’ve been lurking this forum for years but finally created an account. So much of the thread has been wiped away. I would love to hear if anyone has some of the old info or guides and are willing to share. How did some of you start your stent/catheter journey, and what advice or recommendations do you have for someone completely new. Where do I start? 

• Like 1
On 8/27/2022 at 1:55 AM, joemama414 said:

Where do I start?

Well, make sure you've got great health insurance first.

Then start learning how to safely use a cath from basic medical resources. You will need to get familiar with how your body reacts and whether or not you are prone to infections.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I made a stent by referring to other people's pictures. It was a little difficult because of the language barrier, but I was able to complete it because it was explained in detail.
The materials I used are 16fr catheter, rubber end cap, fishing line and rubber ring.

IMG_5943.JPG

• Like 1

From personal experience you may need a tad more fluid in the balloon to hold this in place. Also the cut at the 40mm mark in your design may cut in to you some. I poke a hole in the cap and let the retrial cord and fluids run out there. After cutting the cath at length I use a blunt needle to fill the balloon. Then using forceps  to clamp the new stent I will add a snip of solid round plastic to plug the fill line. I use sterile KY to fill the balloon. 

Be safe and use a cord that is not going to break. I prefer an O ring that will fit over my shaft when the stent is in place. This way less is hanging to get caught or pulled while changing.

Nice work !

Here is what use most of the time.

IMG_0543-1.JPG

• Like 1
Hace 1 hora, Loveable_guy dijo:

Por experiencia personal, es posible que necesite un poco más de líquido en el globo para mantener esto en su lugar. Además, el corte en la marca de 40 mm en su diseño puede cortarle un poco. Hice un agujero en la tapa y dejé que el cable de retención y los fluidos se agotaran. Después de cortar el cateterismo por fin, uso una aguja roma para llenar el globo. Luego, usando pinzas para sujetar el nuevo stent, agrregaré un corte de plástico rojo válido para tocar la línea de llenado. Yo uso KY estéril para llenar el globo.

Esté seguro y use un cable que no se rompa. Prefiero un anillo O que se apjuste sobre mi eje cuando el stent esté en su lugar. De esta manera, menos aborará para ser atrapado o tirado mientras cambia.

Buen trabajo !

Esto es lo que usa la mayor parte del tiempo.

IMG_0543-1.JPG

You inflate the balloon before inserting the stent right?  What is the diameter of the balloon once inflated?

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Loveable_guy said:

From personal experience you may need a tad more fluid in the balloon to hold this in place. Also the cut at the 40mm mark in your design may cut in to you some. I poke a hole in the cap and let the retrial cord and fluids run out there. After cutting the cath at length I use a blunt needle to fill the balloon. Then using forceps  to clamp the new stent I will add a snip of solid round plastic to plug the fill line. I use sterile KY to fill the balloon. 

Be safe and use a cord that is not going to break. I prefer an O ring that will fit over my shaft when the stent is in place. This way less is hanging to get caught or pulled while changing.

Nice work !

Here is what use most of the time.

IMG_0543-1.JPG

Thank you for explaining in detail how to fill the balloon.

• Like 1

O2binspired;  following your link dose this gizmo have a motor in the catch to pump the urine out?

rlaehduq9606; If you have questions this is the place to ask. Consider the suggestions of those have gone before you, many of us to the hospital. Then carefully evaluate your risk before doing this stuff. While it can be very enjoyable there is a risk with every pleasure we chose!

3 hours ago, Loveable_guy said:

O2binspired;  following your link dose this gizmo have a motor in the catch to pump the urine out?

Looks like the propeller is perhaps a normally-open/fail-open; if there is some means of over pressure to allow flow, it would turn the shaft into the open position.

Or it may just be as simple as a method of assisting/expediting the opening process after it's been started by the external field.

Or maybe something more clever than I can think of right now is happening.

921f5a_98214b88918442fa875b92922d7ed8d7~

At this time we can only provide our catheters to clinical sites under our clinical study protocol. We have clinical sites in Southern California and Texas, with others being considered. To learn more about our study please access clinicaltrials.gov and search for NCT05330598. We will know more about timing once our study has been completed later this year. Best Regards, Team UroDev

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT05330598?id=NCT05330598&draw=2&rank=1

Though I wouldn't lie to medical professionals myself so it would probably be difficult to actually get these in a legitimate manner. Maybe someone can source haha