LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Rid The Crinkle In Public

I've heard about ppl going out in public diapered and all, but right now I've found the diaper of my dreams (attends 10, mainly because of the smell, fit, and plastic backing, all are so close to that of a baby diaper way back when). The thing is, they are REALLY crinkly as many of you know. So my question is does anyone know how to get the crinkle to go away so that nobody knows I'm wearing in public? There's virtually no bulge, so unless someone is actually looking for a person wearing a diaper, they won't notice a think, but the crinkle would give me a way in a heartbeat to everyone, which is a bad thing cause I'm selfconcious. So any tips, let me know. Thanx

i use a onsie over it, and jeans. last summer i was at a week long function, and the weather was very hot. i just used depend briefs, there very loud. no one noticed.

i know this beacause someone noticed adult diapers in the trash, and went into a tailspin about it. she asked me if i knew why there would be adult diapers in the outside trash can, so i told her. she was understanding, and the issue was dropped. the moral of the story,, ontil then i went undected. most of the people there know im incontinent, and now i know no one can tell.

I've heard about ppl going out in public diapered and all, but right now I've found the diaper of my dreams (attends 10, mainly because of the smell, fit, and plastic backing, all are so close to that of a baby diaper way back when). The thing is, they are REALLY crinkly as many of you know. So my question is does anyone know how to get the crinkle to go away so that nobody knows I'm wearing in public? There's virtually no bulge, so unless someone is actually looking for a person wearing a diaper, they won't notice a think, but the crinkle would give me a way in a heartbeat to everyone, which is a bad thing cause I'm selfconcious. So any tips, let me know. Thanx

I wear out in public all the time. Best way I've found to keep crinkle down to a minimum is to wear a pair of plastic pants over them. Don't do it in hot weather, but thin plastic pants like VIP makes will totally cut down the crinkle and will also provide extra protection in case of leaks. Double on both if your plastic pants are flannel lined. Otherwise, pretty much everything everybody else said is true. Most people won't notice a crinkly diaper in public unless you're someplace quiet like a library or bank.

Floaty

A) You are almost certainly over-estimating the liklihood of people hearing the crinkle and associating it with a diaper on you. You are right on the ball with regard to people not seeing the bulge unless they know what they are looking for. The same goes for the crinkle. I have worn in public many many times, including places like the silent study floor of my library, etc., and never been noticed.

B) To reduce the crinkle, try using the things mentioned in this thread - plastic pants, a onesie (these are super handy because if you wear a white one you can wear it as an undershirt, and it will prevent the top of your diaper from ever sticking out the top of your pants where people can see it), or compression shorts.

If you walk funny to try to reduce the crinkle, people will notice, and then they may figure it out.

And to digger, why did you tell the woman that the adult diapers in the trash were yours? Why on earth did she flip out over the fact that they were there? I would never have felt a need to justify some idiot's paranoia by revealing something about myself associated with their paranoia.

Until you do it for a while, everybody makes a bigger deal of it than it really is. Definitely wear something over your diaper, even if it's just some briefs. This will help baffle the sound, give the diaper support when it's wet, and help absorb little leaks. Plastic pants are even better, as they're much more airtight, but keep in mind that some varieties are actually very noisy themselves...in my experience, clear plastic pants can be like this. If you're still nervous, carry some coins in your pocket as a distraction noise. Go out and enjoy yourself, and stop worrying! :)

I aso wear plastic pants over them and you don't hear anything. In most places, there is enough noise that people don't notice. If you are still concerned, stay out of libraries or other quiet places. Any of the suggestios of wearing something over top should help considerably.

All the best!

I've gone out with Attends on and just jeans over them. The jeans do a great job of muffling the crinkle.

I've actually gone out a few times with friends who don't know about this interest of mine and they never noticed them at all.

A) You are almost certainly over-estimating the liklihood of people hearing the crinkle and associating it with a diaper on you. You are right on the ball with regard to people not seeing the bulge unless they know what they are looking for. The same goes for the crinkle. I have worn in public many many times, including places like the silent study floor of my library, etc., and never been noticed.

B) To reduce the crinkle, try using the things mentioned in this thread - plastic pants, a onesie (these are super handy because if you wear a white one you can wear it as an undershirt, and it will prevent the top of your diaper from ever sticking out the top of your pants where people can see it), or compression shorts.

If you walk funny to try to reduce the crinkle, people will notice, and then they may figure it out.

And to digger, why did you tell the woman that the adult diapers in the trash were yours? Why on earth did she flip out over the fact that they were there? I would never have felt a need to justify some idiot's paranoia by revealing something about myself associated with their paranoia.

i think what freaked her out was the fact that, there were many people at the cottage that week, and if there was something to ba alarmed about. she was more worried about a loved one than anything( you know like a relayive being sick or something)

When I first started going out wearing a diaper I used to wear a pair of tighty-whities over them to help muffle the noise, (I feel this may be a good start for you if you haven't ever done this before); Now, I find wearing a onesie helps in keeping things a bit quiet and hidden better: Also, even though I still get a bit paronoid, I truely think that in most places people are not going to notice.

Why are you worried about that?

Just as Powderwhite and leafgoalie have said a pair of plastic pants over the top will stop 99% of the plastic crinkling noise, failing that get some "Mesh Pants" as these will make the Nappy hug your body and prevent the plastic from moving around thus masking the noise! :)

Always works for me!

"BE HAPPY IN YOUR NAPPY" :P

You want to be a diaper lover but not have people notice your wearing a diaper? WHY? I have been incontinent for over 10 years, and am diapered 24/7. If people hear a crinklin noise, what difference does it make. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Until you do it for a while, everybody makes a bigger deal of it than it really is. Definitely wear something over your diaper, even if it's just some briefs. This will help baffle the sound, give the diaper support when it's wet, and help absorb little leaks. Plastic pants are even better, as they're much more airtight, but keep in mind that some varieties are actually very noisy themselves...in my experience, clear plastic pants can be like this. If you're still nervous, carry some coins in your pocket as a distraction noise. Go out and enjoy yourself, and stop worrying! :)

Well, my pair of Depends crinkled once, and I got asked about the noise. I didn't answer, but after that I stuck a plastic grocery bag in my pocket for a few weeks. It crinkles too!

Dill Pickle

i've also run into the proble of "the crinkle effect" truth is if someone else actualy does hear it, chances are they won't think anything of the noise as they don't know what to associate it with. their brains probbably filter it out as white noise unless they are actualy paying atention to it. but that doesn't change the fact that the noise it there, and I hear it, and naturaly i become self concious about it. I want a quiet diaper just so i don't have to worry about the 1 in 1,000,000 chance that someone is going to notice the sound and instantly realise it can be nothing other then a diaper (tho if thats the case i'd still have to wonder about this person's knowlage of diaper crinkle sounds, and possible reasons for the interest in the subject matter)

still yes, i want a quiey non crinkly diaper... but for me, as it seems alot of the members here, i primairly want one that feels right, crinkle be damned.

i should also mention that sometimes... the crinkle is a good thing. just not really anytime in public.

still yes, i want a quiey non crinkly diaper... but for me, as it seems alot of the members here, i primairly want one that feels right, crinkle be damned.

i should also mention that sometimes... the crinkle is a good thing. just not really anytime in public.

If you want a quiet diaper I'd recommend Tena Supers. They hold more than Attends and are probably one of the quietest diapers you can get. I wear Molicare Supers in public and Super Pluses at home and to bed. They crinkle a bit but I've never been noticed.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, looking over all these replies, I kind of figured that plastic/mesh pants were the way to go. And also I know that the sound is just a sound to other people, but to those people out there who have kids and can pinpoint the sound of a diaper ten miles away to a single person, they can definately hear it. However I am aware that I'm naturally blowing it up to be a bigger deal than it is. The ONLY real important thing is that my friends don't run into me while I'm out and about and notice it. Because then they'd figure it out and ask why, where as I can lie and say something like medical problems came up or something. Makes you wonder whether you would be willing to start over somewhere else where nobody knows you and just get the new people around you who become your friends used to you wearing this way you don't have to worry about it. But is a complete lifestyle change worth it for a single fetish/unknown urge. So for now I'll stick to wearring around the appartment and work on my new 'project' of randomly wetting the bed some nights. I've read almost all there is to know about the bedwetting topic and any tips would probably be a repeat, so post if you want, there might be something I haven't heard. I've heard the watter pill and tylenol pm trick, hand in warm water, wet the front of the diaper first, stay up for a few days then go to sleep with a full bladder...etc... I've already posted a topic in this forum about wetting while laying down since I seem to have a problem with that and still can't figure it out, however I have gotten farther into the mistery of why. Basically, your bladder muscle squeezes urin out of the bladder while opening it's internal sphincter and applying the urin pressure against the external sphincter (when you feel the urge to go). The 'urge to go' and it's intensity is varried on the strength of the surrounding bladder muscle and how hard it's squeezing at that moment in time, the harder, the stronger the pressure agaisnt your voluntary external sphincter and hence the stronger the urge. Well, I've stated that there is already a problem with even feeling the urge while laying down and after waking up and still laying down. Basically without that urge, your bladder sphincter isn't relaxing and that is the one that is involuntary. The only way i've found the control that involuntary muscle is the walk into the bathroom, where I again get the urge to wet.

Also, it seems that the more I focus on wetting, the harder it gets to wet. Even if I relax and just progressively relax every part of the tract down there, there's still that one muscle that I can feel tensed up (took a while to locate the feeling) and it's impossible to relax. So bringing my other topic to this topic, anyone know of any techniques to get the urge while laying down? If not, ohwell I'll probably figure it out soon enough in a few weeks. Thanks all.

to yourself you never get the crinkle sound away fully. you´ll always hear it if you want to hear it. Others usually dont hear it. As stated before little kids could though.

I once got a trowser to a training-combination. as some kind of inner sleeve it hat another very thin trowser sewed in whith little wholes. in this training trowser i never heard any crinkle of my nappies as hard as i tried to recognize the crinkle. looks like it was some kind of noise absorbent lol

You do relize, that you are the only one that hears your diaper, and or plastic pants crinkel.

Personaly I don't hear it, even weraring more than one diaper, and maybe 2 pair of plastic pants. and I don't think any one who is not an AB or DL, would bother to stop and listen to your pants.

If that person notices, you can be almost 100% possibility that you just made a new buddy, go and enjoy, your AB or Dlness.....B