LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Are there any TV shows or movies with incontinent main characters?

I know of one in the US but it plays no part in the show and it's also apparent that they haven't intended their occasional diaper exposure, nor are they AB in any way. So rather than 'out' someone who is simply an incontinent, that's all I will say <_<

I know of one in the US but it plays no part in the show and it's also apparent that they haven't intended their occasional diaper exposure, nor are they AB in any way. So rather than 'out' someone who is simply an incontinent, that's all I will say <_<

Elfen Lied is is definitely not abdl at all its closer to, well to be honest it has no counter parts its so gory that blood and guts fly all the time, it is literally the goriest of the gore fest genre

• 4 weeks later...

Elfen Lied is is definitely not abdl at all its closer to, well to be honest it has no counter parts its so gory that blood and guts fly all the time, it is literally the goriest of the gore fest genre

The diaper wearing girl is only in the manga, to the contention of the manga's creator. The title of that chapter is Omorashi, of all things. It didn't really seem to fit within the overall scope of the series, and really seemed to be written around fetish fodder, rather than being an organic element.

I generally don't like the bulk of anime, and manga (a lot of it is terribly redundant, even within a given serial) but Elfen Lied was certainly one of the better series.

Bettypooh, I'm usually in agreement with you, but I think in this case your post raises more questions than it does answers. The OP's question (which you quoted) was about main characters, not actors playing them, if it's an actor and not a character that's incontinent, (you mentioned the incontinence plays no part in the show,) than mentioning it without any detail really doesn't contribute a whole lot to this thread, and technically doesn't answer the OP's question about characters since you answered a question about an actor. ;) In fairness, this information you've provided has caused me to slightly rework my next paragraph.

Basically, outside of comedies with sophomoric humor, there aren't any/many strictly incontinent main characters in TV shows/movies, because it's a plot point that's virtually impossible to work with. It works in something like "Rugrats" because the entire premise is predicated on the idea that these babies have their own life that the adults are aware of, and that they have personalities of adults grafted onto the physical form of a baby. (It's the same reason that the character Stewie works on "Family Guy," we can hear and see into his life, but everyone around him just hears a baby. It's kind of the reverse of what we here when the adults speak in the "Peanuts" cartoons.) In both shows the "incontinence" is expected, and doesn't actually factor into the character's lives as a significant plot point. Likewise, you might have a character whose somehow paralyzed in other ways that just happens to also be incontinent, but again, the character's incontinence is insignificant enough that it doesn't play any real role in character's development. The problem with creating a main character that's strictly incontinent, with no other physical disabilities, is that it's virtually impossible to show or use the incontinence as a plot point without resorting to sophomoric humor. Since a diaper is technically "underwear," you can't really show the main character's disability as a physical one, short of putting a package of diapers on a shelf somewhere and making sure it's prominent enough that viewers eventually figure out what's going on. A "diaper change" would be a nightmare to film for anything destined for a channel other than something like HBO, especially if it's a channel where broadcast standards and practices come into play. (You could do it, and Hitchcock would have had a field day with the kind of camera work you'd need, but it's just a really difficult scene to shoot in a way that would be tasteful and wouldn't result in network fines.) You can show a character buying diapers, but that doesn't add anything that buying a box of cereal wouldn't unless you go to sophomoric humor, so simply implying incontinence doesn't add anything to the visual element of a visual medium. Since you can't "show" incontinence the way you can show a broken leg on TV, you're basically left with having to portray it as a significant obstacle for a character if you want to avoid sophomoric humor, and if the character is otherwise healthy, this is incredibly difficult to do, since the character could presumably change himself/herself without a problem and there's no real tension or drama resulting from the character being incontinent. There are probably a few ways you could portray a character whose only disability is some form of incontinence while doing it tastefully, but it would be the kind of thing that probably wouldn't contribute too much to a character's development. (You could, for example, have an incontinent character get marooned, run low on supplies, and be cornered by a wild animal looking to make him/her into a meal while he/she is in need of a diaper change, but that's the kind of thing that would happen once in a show's run, and you could do the scene without an incontinent character.) Basically, if you're going to give a character in a movie or TV show a disability, it needs to be something that the audience can see regularly and that can potentially play a significant point in the plot.

As for "Elfen Lied," I haven't seen it but it sounds like I might need to check it out. The only time I've remotely cringed at a gory scene in anything was when I watched a guy have his eyeball bitten off on AMC last year, (I'll let you guess what show it was on,) and I only had to turn away from the screen for a few moments. (I could probably have stomached the whole thing if I hadn't just eaten moments earlier.) Now needles in a clinical setting on the other hand are another story, as soon as those show up on screen I immediately cringe, but if someone decides to wear intestines like a neck-tie, I'm fine, go figure. :rolleyes:

The problem with creating a main character that's strictly incontinent, with no other physical disabilities, is that it's virtually impossible to show or use the incontinence as a plot point without resorting to sophomoric humor.

Which is exactly why I refuse to name names here. The person I refer to is incontinent and obviously does not intend to have others discover that based on what they wear and how they act. Their being on TV makes no difference to me- I'm not going to announce their situation to the world; they can do that for themselves if they want to ;)If it were a significant part of the show or their role then I'd see it differently and I'd see no wrong in naming them.

What I do see in this thread is ulterior motivations- some folks here are rather obviously looking to get their jollies off of someone else's medical condition (be that humor or fapping-fodder) and I refuse to go along with that because that's just plain wrong <_< If the person I refer to didn't seem to care or was exposing themselves more openly it would be a different situation, but if someone is seeking discretion then nobody has the right to expose them, and those who would do that are not the kind of people I support or assist :angry: \

There are plenty of TV shows and places online where diaper humor and diaper fap-fodder can be found, and those characters have to know what they are doing and how some people will react to it. Be satisfied with them and leave those who do not want to share their personal situations alone.You have no more right to expose them than someone has to expose you and I don't see you making yourself easily found in RL either. Or would you prefer to be treated similarly? :o

Bettypooh

As for "Elfen Lied," I haven't seen it but it sounds like I might need to check it out. The only time I've remotely cringed at a gory scene in anything was when I watched a guy have his eyeball bitten off on AMC last year, (I'll let you guess what show it was on,) and I only had to turn away from the screen for a few moments. (I could probably have stomached the whole thing if I hadn't just eaten moments earlier.) Now needles in a clinical setting on the other hand are another story, as soon as those show up on screen I immediately cringe, but if someone decides to wear intestines like a neck-tie, I'm fine, go figure. :rolleyes:

i have watched many gore fest movies (with out any issue) and i still dont know what causes it when i watch Elfen Lied

but it turns my stomach so fast its not funny:mellow::wacko::blink::censored::blush:

Edited by dlsmd

Which is exactly why I refuse to name names here. The person I refer to is incontinent and obviously does not intend to have others discover that based on what they wear and how they act. Their being on TV makes no difference to me- I'm not going to announce their situation to the world; they can do that for themselves if they want to ;)If it were a significant part of the show or their role then I'd see it differently and I'd see no wrong in naming them.

What I do see in this thread is ulterior motivations- some folks here are rather obviously looking to get their jollies off of someone else's medical condition (be that humor or fapping-fodder) and I refuse to go along with that because that's just plain wrong <_< If the person I refer to didn't seem to care or was exposing themselves more openly it would be a different situation, but if someone is seeking discretion then nobody has the right to expose them, and those who would do that are not the kind of people I support or assist :angry: \

There are plenty of TV shows and places online where diaper humor and diaper fap-fodder can be found, and those characters have to know what they are doing and how some people will react to it. Be satisfied with them and leave those who do not want to share their personal situations alone.You have no more right to expose them than someone has to expose you and I don't see you making yourself easily found in RL either. Or would you prefer to be treated similarly? :o

Bettypooh

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

i did find an anime with a few ABDL(someone being treated as a baby) things in it its called Mai-Otome its in the later ep's how ever it is only in small glimpses

Edited by dlsmd
  • 11 months later...
On ?6?/?8?/?2015 at 4:29 PM, peelover said:

Are there any TV shows or movies with incontinent main characters?

Family Guy: Joe Swanson, the cop in the wheelchair. And of course Stewie Griffin.

• 1 year later...