LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tips dealing with car insurance company

Hopefully you have uninsured and under insured coverage. I would not accept ANY insurance settlement without first consulting a PIA (personal injury attorney) Just my two cents Also, check and see if any of TV or Radio station have action news reporters and contact them....Insurance companies hate publicity

EVERY insurance company will low ball you, AND they have lawyers on hand at a moments notice. No they do not scare easily, that's why you've got to get another big company with lots of lawyers to fight on your side too. Pitting one insurance company against another is just about the only way you can deal with it without getting a lawyer of your own. Like fulldiaper mentioned though, yeah they hate negative publicity. Unfortunately you already have to have exposed them to make any real difference. Threatening them with it won't do any good either- they get it a lot I'm sure. Sorry.

EVERY insurance company will low ball you, AND they have lawyers on hand at a moments notice. No they do not scare easily, that's why you've got to get another big company with lots of lawyers to fight on your side too. Pitting one insurance company against another is just about the only way you can deal with it without getting a lawyer of your own. Like fulldiaper mentioned though, yeah they hate negative publicity. Unfortunately you already have to have exposed them to make any real difference. Threatening them with it won't do any good either- they get it a lot I'm sure. Sorry.

I hear you. I'm going to have a talk with my insurance agent in a day or so and also with a lawyer to see if I have a case against them over this mess.

Yeah, it's sad we have to normally do this. These big companies realize it will cost us both time and money to contest a low ball payout. They calculate how much it will cost us to recover it, then low ball by that amount or a little less. This way it will otherwise cost us just as much (or more) to recover that amount which in the end doesn't give us any kind of real net gain- and is therefore not worth us pursuing.

Of course, if you're smart you can include lawyer, lost wages, and court cost in with the suit. It might not get awarded though, but it's still worth trying.

Yeah I'm not sure what the whole deal is by state to state. But in my area, you are not required to take your vehicle to any shop they recommend. Additionally it used be be common for insurance companies to request two quotes and would always take the lessor of the two. Also illegal here in Ohio. As a vehicle owner you and you alone choose where to have your car repaired one quote and send it in for repair. I never really got involved in it as when you have a accident you are to contact your insurance company, and they handle the whole thing. Sounds like you might just have liability insurance, as why you insurance people aren't involved.

#1: Get a lawyer #2: Get a real insurance company. Shit like this is what happens when you do business with a second-rate company. Go with a reputable company even if they charge noticeably more for the coverage, because when you file a claim is when "you get what you pay for"

#1: Get a lawyer #2: Get a real insurance company. Shit like this is what happens when you do business with a second-rate company. Go with a reputable company even if they charge noticeably more for the coverage, because when you file a claim is when "you get what you pay for"

Could it be that the insurance adjustor knew if he totaled the car and paid you off for it, his company could get twice that amount by parting out the car and selling the parts instead?

At this point who knows. I've spoken with a lawyer in the phone and will going to have a nice sit down with him soon. His advice was to go see a chiropractor but I have no desire to wrongfully sue them. If I did that then I would be just as bad as them.

So when I go to his office and talk with him face to face we will see if there is a case without personal injury. Hopefully there is.

I work for a lawyer here in England. The law may be different, but the problem on insurance companies trying to fob you off with less than your claim is worth is exactly the same.

I work for a lawyer here in England. The law may be different, but the problem on insurance companies trying to fob you off with less than your claim is worth is exactly the same.

In situations like yours, certainly in Englnad, the best thing to do is move as quickly as you can into the Court process. Liability isn't in issue ... they accept that they are liable, and the only question is "quantum" (or "how much?").

In a quantum only claim, you need evidence of the cost of repairs, and if your evidence is $4,000 and they are trying to say that $2,800 should cover it, then it is for them to prove that an adequate repair can be had for $2,800. If they can prove that then you will get judgment for $2,800 only; but if they cannot disprove your evidence then you should get your judgment for $4,000.

If their evidence is based upon a schedule of the wrong parts, then it would help your case if you get a statement from a reputable mechanic saying something like "I have studied the estimate produced by the Shuckster Insurance Company and found that it contains the following fundamental errors. (1) The car's rear hatch has been damaged such that it needs to be replaced. Their quote does not include a replacement for this part, which costs $750 and will require an hour's labour to fit ... " etc.

Focus on what is wrong with their suggested cost of repair. Show the judge the deficiencies, and how much needs to be added in to cover them. There is no need to comment on what they have instead ... just the fact that the relevant part isn't quoted for. If they come back and say "oh yes it is ... look" and point to another part which isn't the same part, THAT is the time to get your mechanic to make a further statement saying something like "The part that is needed is a rear hatch. This is a substantial metal part which covers the whole rear of the car, and has a window in it. The part they are suggesting can be made to do the same job is a [whatever]. This is a [describe what it is]. It is incapable of doing the same job as a rear hatch." Keep it pithy, punchy and focused. And if your mechanic manages to cost the omissions from their estimate at more than $1,200 then so much the better, as that will show just how reasonable your $4,000 estimate actually is.

Good luck.

Thanks so much all the advice. I'm currently speaking with a lawyer and we will be getting something done soon.

Thanks bettypooh. My attitude is just that. Pay me what it actually costs and I'll go away but they seem to be having an allergic reaction reaction to that. I'll know more next week after I finally get to have a sit down with my lawyer.

• 4 weeks later...

I dealt with a wide insurance company that covers the entire nation...and I chose one of their recommended places to get it repaired since my car was not really driveable as the back door was bowed open and my door locks were going nuts and it was raining and water was coming in.

Some of those insurance companies are dirtier than some of our diapers, one my sister had tried to bail out on her when my niece accidentally put the car in gear which caused it to roll down a hill and into someones garage, destroying the garage and causing damage to a mustang being restored, after telling her they would take care of it, they secretly tried to not only drop her as a client, but attempted to deny the claim as well.