LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Disposable Or Cloth?

Which do you prefere more?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefere more?

• Cloth
    • Disposable
    • I like them both equal

Even though my picture shows a disposable, like tndyperboy I really prefer the feeling of a cloth diaper on me. I tend to be very active in my workshop and after having a disposable on for a while it either gets a small tear in it (even with clothes on) and leaks or the gel lumps up in it. I use the contoured cloth ones with Velcro fasteners so they are a snap to change.

cloth! Ummm dispoable! no cloth!

Cloth is better, warmer, softer, thicker and wetting it feels more babyish as it feels like your soaking your own clothes :)

Now I suspect (and correct me if I'm wrong) that more have voted disosable not having tried cloths? Disposables are great for going out in, pooping in and more, but at home, wrap yourself up several layers of warm, fluffy cloth with some BIG plastic pants and then put on your footed sleeper - and snuggle in with your favorite plushie (soft toy)

Mmmmmmm heaven!

DP

*wag*

I prefer to wear cloth because of the bulk and the feel of wettness. I don't have as many cloth diapers as I would like and washing is an issue, I go to the Laundromat. I do use disposables for convenience at times.

Cloth is best as far as I'm concerned. A lot of companies make nappies in whatever form you want and in all the baby prints you might want. I've got lots and they last for ages, I've yet to wear out a cloth nappy.

Washing is an issue but with flushable liners, most of the mess is dealt with easily.

I sometimes use disposables if I want to wear nappies when I travel, but not very often as it's often as easy to carry a couple of changes worth of velcro fitted nappies and some baby powder in a small rucksack and if you have snap fitting plastic pants, you can change anywhere in a snap.

Cloth produces the best feeling of being snug and well diapered. Also, the feeling of being wet and needing a change is much better. Provided you use lots of baby powder, rash is usually not a problem.

If you haven't tried cloth, go ahead. It's the best and combined with all the plastic pants and diaper covers you can get, you'll not be disappointed.

It is disposable diapers the whole way for me. I have always been a big (huge actually) fan of Pampers diapers and always will be even though they don't fit me anymore. There is nothing like the fresh baby powder scent of a disposable diaper.

:D I was born in the early seventies and remember wearing the old style crinkly white Pampers. I actually remember quite vividly wearing them. I'd hear the crinkly sound, this is probably why I like wearing them now because I remember it so well. Depends and Attends come as close as the ones I remember, with the plastic outer covering.So many today are that fake cloth covering, so its really quiet and hardly sounds like your putting it on. So disposables are what I wear now and is so much fun to wear them. I also sometimes will put plastic pants on over them, so its more crinkly .....and then it's like Im totally diapered. :D

I have tried both. I loved wearing cloth, but i cant afford any right now and I dont really have convienent acces to a washing machine. I loved how they felt, specially with the plastic pants. But on the other hand I definately love Tena supers. THey are the best disposable that I have ever worn. Thick, soft, comfortable. They hold a ton of liquid. The only downside, is how heavy they get when completely flooded, So i would reccommend plasic pants, and maybe a onsie if you plan on completely flooding them. They are the best.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

By far, disposables are my favorite. I don't even have any cloth diapers and I have a pair of plastic panties and plastic bikini panties somewhere around. I did try cloth, but since I lived in an apartment at the time, I couldn't use the washing machine for obvious reasons and the wet diapers had to be washed out in the sink and then hung up to dry, which took quite awhile. So, I just stuck with disposables.

• 4 months later...

Like a few otheres here I will I disposable during the day and when out in public. When at home I wear cloth diapers to bed or if I am stuck at home all day.

Never tried cloth yet simply dont want to do any more laundry than I have to.

• 6 months later...

I wear pull-on cloth diapers day and night. When I wear disposables, I get rashes, they often leak, and I hate it when they fall apart and get gel all over. My diapers are like thick trainers made from flannel with two layers of terry inside. I like them because I can pull them down quickly when I use the restroom. I also love the feeling of the soft flannel against my bare skin. I wear polyurethane plastic panties over my diapers, which are quite noisy, and I enjoy the crinkle too.

• 14 years later...

I was born and raised being diapered in cloth diapers and plastic pants so they'll always have a special place in my heart and memories. Today, as a Diaper Lover with just a bit of a Adult Baby side, I prefer to be diapered in disposable diapers. I still have and am in a cloth diaper and plastic pants from time to time every once in a while. But for the most part, I'm in a disposable. Disposable diapers are just so much easier to deal with. Especially when I've made a poopy one. 

Throw-aways have no substance to them: NOTHING says "diaper" more than a leg-spreading full-coverage piece of cloth under bulging rubber panties that requires a loose-fitting skirt to hide. You cannot avoid knowing you have been put in a diaper. You could not get away with calling that a "brief" . Being a one-and-done, briefs are wasteful and I am not made of money. Finally, I am not going to be a landfill resources hog

I prefer cloth diapers above all, however they are inconvenient to change while away from home so when out and about I will wear disposables.

• Like 1

I've used both separately, but now use both, either in alternation or at the same time. I pretty reliably use disposables for day-to-day wear, but will usually have a layer of cloth diapering over the top of the disposable to insulate it from leaks. In situations where I need to use diapering with a lot of absorbency and few opportunities to change, I will switch to an all-cloth diaper to take advantage of its extensibility.