LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Telling your parent(s)?

Maybe you should re read what I wrote... a toddler or someone needing them for medical reasons

I read it ten times to see if I understood and got the same thing and it looked like you were saying if you wear outside of toddler years or someone needing them for medical reasons is a fetish so I wondered if that was a typo because surely wearing for medical reasons isn't a fetish.

Thanks for the clarification WakkoWannaBe. Yes, I do see most everyone uses the terms kink and fetish here almost interchangeably. In this common context, a fetish is nominally interpreted as sexual in nature.

Regarding my teddy bear, yes I do have an attachment to it, but it is not sexual in nature and therefore not a fetish. Perhaps this is where the disconnect is coming from with discussion of diapers, but as most people are making the arguement you should not tell someone about your diapers because others do not need to know about your fetishes any more than you need to know theirs.

Again, in this common context it is meant strictly as a sexual fetish only. I have been trying to be as clear as I can be, but apologize as it seems this may have not been the case. When I see others refer to fetish in terms of sexuality, I reply in kind using its more common meaning.

The age old argument of is it or it not a fetish is going to run til the end of time. If you want to call it a fetish then fine but don't tell someone else that they have a fetish. I wear socks everyday but I don't have a sock fetish. I eat food everyday but I don't have a food fetish and on and on......

The age old argument of is it or it not a fetish is going to run til the end of time. If you want to call it a fetish then fine but don't tell someone else that they have a fetish. I wear socks everyday but I don't have a sock fetish. I eat food everyday but I don't have a food fetish and on and on......

• Like 1

People have this obsession of tunneling into the specific... Yes I used nappies as an example but it can spread to anything else... Being AB for instance, the whole thing can be applied to in the same way.

I would assume that the default answer to the question of why you would tell someone is "acceptance". You don't really need acceptance from anyone except your significant other. It's nice to have from your parents, but it's not necessary, and you risk a lot in telling them if they don't know already.

I would assume that the default answer to the question of why you would tell someone is "acceptance". You don't really need acceptance from anyone except your significant other. It's nice to have from your parents, but it's not necessary, and you risk a lot in telling them if they don't know already.

I read it ten times to see if I understood and got the same thing and it looked like you were saying if you wear outside of toddler years or someone needing them for medical reasons is a fetish so I wondered if that was a typo because surely wearing for medical reasons isn't a fetish.

The equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and saying "I'm not listening!" I wasn't even talking about what I believe, I was giving the actual definition. You may not see it as a fetish but by definition it is.

I said I was done with this but you dragged me back into it. So if someone feels as though their body has outgrown them and indulges in infantilism as a means to feel normal you would say that is a fetish. In that case would you also say that being transgender is a fetish? Just for the record my personal opinion is no, it definitely isn't.

"Normal" is only whatever it is to each individual person. If it's a fetish for you then that's nornal for you. If it's something else that's normal for you too ;) The thing is to understand that there's nothing wrong with you whoever you are whatever the cause of it is, and that nobody is going to be like you or think like you anywhere either.

• Like 1

I don't think being transgender is irrational. The problem there lies in separating people and transgender people when really they are just the same thing. It is merely a disorder and a treatment. Moving people to the gender that they should have been born as... I wouldn't say being transgender and having the treatment is any more irrational than someone with cancer having treatment for that.

Wow, I don't even know where to begin with your last two posts. There are so many holes and invalid arguments there I just....Nope. Bettypooh is right, I might as well be trying to argue with a rock.

I mean seriously we get this question about once a month minimum, with vary little deviation. The same people chime in, the same "advise" is given. :huh:

I hate to say it, but this has become so true on this board nowadays. It's the same people saying the same thing and dominating every thread with their posts. I wish folks would take their back and forth debates to PMs instead of clogging up threads with stuff unrelated to the OP.

Sorry for the rant, but I've been feeling this way for a while now.

I was giving the actual definition. You may not see it as a fetish but by definition it is.

You may be using the word "fetish" correctly as far as the dictionary is concerned, but as far as the vernacular is concerned, the term "fetish" automatically implies something sexual in the 21st century. Nobody on this side of the pond uses the word "fetish" in the sense that you're using it unless they're wildly out of touch with the society around them. By dictionary definition you are correct, but dictionaries always lag behind the vernacular, because the usage of words changes before their definitons do. The dictionary definition of the word "fetish" would be described in laymens terms simply as an "obsession." Words change meaning over time, "gay" used to simply mean "happy," not "homosexual," and "idiot" and "moron" were medical diagnoses, not insults lobbed at people you don't believe are intelligent. I use the word "ignorant" correctly in its most literal sense, meaning "to not know" on occasion, but most people are ignorant of what ignorant actually means and mistake it for being synonymous with "stupid." On a site like this, "fetish" automatically has a sexual connotation to it, regardless of whether or not the literary scholars who maintain the dictionary have been dragged kicking and screaming into the present.