LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Files, files, files

DailyDi

Have learned from lost sets I can never get back from the early years! (Hard drive corruption)

I'm sorry to hear that Mikey. :( Did you ever try to contact members to see if any of them had material from those sets you'd lost in an attempt to recover them? I've kind of wondered how you would handle the worst case scenario, but I didn't realize you'd actually been through it once. Although what I lost wasn't nearly as significant, I also learned to back my stuff up the hard way.

What was lost was early professional sets. Some of my favorites from before everyone with a cell phone thought they were a pro photographer. Have recovered some of them by reaching out to the original producers, but people in that field come and go (and one of my early major producers died) so not all could be rediscovered.

That's really a shame that some of the earliest material from the site was lost. I figured you might be able to recover some of them by reaching out to the original producers, but I had always wondered if you ever contacted members from the early days who might have saved copies to their own computers. I didn't expect you to recover everything, and I'm sure any copies saved by members would likely be watermarked with an older watermark at that, but at least they'd be something. At least you were able to save some of them though.

And yet you have made me paranoid enough that I have decided to add a business-grade tape-drive to my system for an additional layer of security.

I'm not sure whether I should say "I'm sorry," or "You're Welcome." ;) I've actually been considering an LTO tape drive myself for a few months now. I've got several TB+ hard drives around here, and a tape drive could make managing them quite a bit easier.

Ended up going with an RDX removeable hard drive system. Good shock-resistant drives in hard cases. Made by several companies and a trusted format so should be around a while. USB 3 connection for good transfer speed.