LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My Experience in Cloth Diapers

WakkoWannaBe

I don't believe that cloth is too popular amongst our generation. Personally, I love cloth. I gave it a try when I was a teenager and then gave up on the idea until recently due to laundry being an issue. Since I now have my own home, I've been able to enjoy the use of cloth again. I love being able to make it as thick as I want and if I don't max out the diaper to it's fullest, I don't feel guilty with a cloth diaper like I do with a disposable.

I don't believe that cloth is too popular amongst our generation. Personally, I love cloth. I gave it a try when I was a teenager and then gave up on the idea until recently due to laundry being an issue. Since I now have my own home, I've been able to enjoy the use of cloth again. I love being able to make it as thick as I want and if I don't max out the diaper to it's fullest, I don't feel guilty with a cloth diaper like I do with a disposable.

Well, glad to hear(read) that you are enjoying your life in cloth! :thumbsup: Something I wanted to add though is, since you don't really 'use' them, but wear more for comfort and feel, then it might be more worth it to also try some thick / bulky training pants. Th eones from baby-pants are 4 ply and pretty bulky, they go under the name of "my first training pants" the others are 2 ply and basically 'thicker' underwear...which might be nice also for some occasions.

They are thick and comfy and can be pulled up and down (of coarse) but will also hold an 'accident' if you decide not to wait :whistling: or what not,, and you can of coarse also wear plastic pants over them as added protection.

Check them out, they are a bit pricey, but again reuseable, and you might enjoy them just as much....But they aren't a 'diaper' *shrug*

Just a thought to help you enjoy your 'cloth life' a bit more if possible ;)

all I've ever worn is cloth diapers--partly because I was born in 1959 and that's what I wore as a baby, and partly because it's easier to stash cloth diapers and waterproof pants than it is to dispose of diapers discreetly. Not enough privacy here! I make a great system using flannel diapers, homemade Zorb soaker panels encased in Birdseye, and PUL waterproof pants.

all I've ever worn is cloth diapers--partly because I was born in 1959 and that's what I wore as a baby, and partly because it's easier to stash cloth diapers and waterproof pants than it is to dispose of diapers discreetly. Not enough privacy here! I make a great system using flannel diapers, homemade Zorb soaker panels encased in Birdseye, and PUL waterproof pants.

I don't know how often you wear, but how do you handle wet diapers? I'm guessing you wash them immediately, and don't use a pail?

This might sound a bit odd, but when I lived alone, I used to wear cloth a lot more (since I didn't know that much about disposables back then). I would do what ever I was going about doing, and change out of the soggy diaper and continue on until I had a couple that needed to be washed. I didn't have a pail, so I would rinse them out in the tub, and hang them on the sliding shower door frame to drain and dry, and if needed, I would also rinse them out while I was taking a shower, letting the water do double duty ;)

Then hang them up to drain or dry a bit until I could get them down to take to the washer and clean. I would use about 2-3 diapers and then wash them, so I wouldn't end up with doing laundry every day. I still don't have a pail for the ones I use on occasion, but even those get rinsed in the shower, or just tossed into the washer immediately and washed on 'laundry days'

I usually just rinse them out while also taking a shower, especially if they were also messy :blush: it happens :P so everything gets dumped out and then rinsed while I soap up and clean off in the shower..*shrug*

It worked for me...

but thats just me.

Rachel Emily, I only wear a couple days a week when I'm alone in my house. Yes, I do wash the diapers out right away...or at least let them soak in a bucket of soapy water until I'm ready to wash a load and put them away for the day. It's not really that time-consuming, but diapers and soakers do take time to dry in the clothes dryer so I have to account for that.

I'm not a fan of cloth diapers

I never liked them as a real baby or toddler, I prefered disposables diapers

plus with cloth you have the added expense of plastic pants and laundering both.

but what ever makes you happy.

I'm of the same mind set. I prefer the feel of disposables. I think I found a way to combine a baby diaper With my Dry diaper so they won't leak at night (boosters won't work), so I now use only disposables again.

However, I used to have to use cloth diapers for at night. Getting them clean was always such a hassle and took a lot of extra time, water, detergent, drying, etc. Plus I had to strip them ever few months by boiling them. No wonder I like disposables more.

I used a disposable last night just for comparison (I've been wearing cloth to bed just about every night for the past week or two). I almost forgot the wonder, if not faded, smell of disposables. So, between that, the fact that I somehow felt more playful in them, and that you can just throw them away - disposables are totally worth keeping around. It's weird how I felt "more playful" (I don't really even know what that means, I just felt the need to roll around on my bed a whole lot xD) in disposable - but I actually prefer the feel and pragmatism of cloth, so I'll probably keep both types of diapers around.

Just add some baby powder to a cloth diaper and VOLIA! (sp) you have a great smelling diaper.....also, when you wash them.. use Dreft...it makes for the MOST amazing diapers when dry...O*M*G! I miss washing mine in Dreft...someday soon I'll be able to do that again....Dreft and baby powder :thumbsup:

I find disposables far more convenient. But no disposable gives the feel of cloth, especially when wet ;) And sometimes I want to feel that as more than just a drooping swollen crotch :P When you weigh the pros and cons, both come out about the same so wear what you want. I did find myself more prone to rashes with constant use of cloth diapers; something to think about I guess- YMMV as always!