LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I am convinced I cannot put a diaper on right.

Practice, that's what it takes. You don't say how you go about diapering yourself. For me I like to use the bathroom wall as a third hand, center up my diaper than but my butt against the wall leaving my hand free to make sure I have my diaper nice and snug before taping it in place. I tape bottom right than bottom left, same with the top tapes and than on go my plastic panties

I could always diaper myself easily. I never understood why it was so hard for some people unless they have some sort of disability. I used to do it lying down and now I do it against the wall and once I get one side fastened, then I don't need the wall anymore. I have no clue how I will do it out in the wilderness, I would need someone to hold it up for me until I get one side done.

It was hard for me at first, but I found it easiest to use a chair. I kind of spread the diaper out, making sure the wings are extended, with the rear portion of it up against the back. Then "sit down" into it and tape up. I can change myself in just a couple of minutes this way.

• Like 1

There's no one 'right' way to put on your diaper. Study where the first tape goes relative to either the diaper edge or the padding- when the opposite side is placed in that exact opposite spot it should be tight but not popping loose ;) Adjust those spots till it's centered, then do the other tapes similarly. I find that if I get that first tape just right, I always get a good fit, but that spot vareis wirth the different diapers I wear which can get confusing sometimes :blush: Perhaps I should make a chart with pictures and diagrams :rolleyes: If you're in a situation (like home) where you can experiment and leak safely, instead of taping initially, use sadfety pins and adjust them till you get it right- then tape and note where the tapes go.

I find that in a pinch, I can just put it between my legs and clamp down, pull it up in the rear and front and go from there. Not always the best fit but it certainly works when you have few options like a nasty wall and a nastier floor.

I find it easiest to sit on the corner of my bed when "measuring" and then lay down when taping it on

Sometimes its perfect, other times not so much, but it never leaks (unless full..)

I went with spokane's method. It seems to work well, and the leak I had wasn't anywhere near as bad as it was last time. I'm just going to blame it on the diapers. They're Prevail and have no leg guards to speak of, so yeah, I'm blaming the padding. xD

I have used Prevail and they work fine with me but they don't last as long. They are good use for when I am not gone that long in public, only a few hours. It just depends on how much you pee each time you go. I swear each diaper is made for each level of incontinence. Some are leakers, some are flooders, some are light pee-ers.

I could always diaper myself easily. I never understood why it was so hard for some people unless they have some sort of disability. I used to do it lying down and now I do it against the wall and once I get one side fastened, then I don't need the wall anymore. I have no clue how I will do it out in the wilderness, I would need someone to hold it up for me until I get one side done.

If you are in the wilderness, lean up against a tree as you would a wall. Works well.......

Having a Prevail leak is nothing newsworthy, and that may be part of your problem. With cloth-backed diapers you often get "press leaks" when you sit down and the diaper becomes compressed :o Bad diapers (store brands) do this long befroe reaching capacity. Kind of makes them useless for the purpose of protection :angry: When I used them I had to waer plastic panties to stay dry. I finally figures the costs and switched to Depends which were a lot better at watwerproofing :)