LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The demise of the "designer diaper"..... and what is to come?

I second your concerns with regards to cloth backed diapers. However my experience is varied depending on brand.

Lille supreme: drips pee through back sheet after second wetting

Tena flex: tiny drops appear on backsheet after a good 4 wettings

Molicare super: pretty good no real moisture on outside

Abena m4: terrible moisture let through, wear a pair of rubber pants and the inside is soaked with pee condensation.

Tena maxi plastic: pretty awesome, a small amount of dampness when extremely wet.

Euronform: nothing, nada zip, (as Americans might say).

Molicare super plus: nothing

Tena pants: a bit of moisture when very wet

Anyway there is a link between the cloth back and this issue of moisture and I have to say my biggest worry is odour.

I think it's important to remember though these product, when used 'normally' perform very well. For example tena flex maxi is a comfortable pad and will las between 4-6 hours without leakage with normal consumption of fluid and prosuming you've not got polyuria. However, for me, 2 pints of cider and not much can keep up. Only the plastic backed products perform well enough.

I wrote to tena expressing my concerns about the change because the fit of the slip is wonderful. But they didn't even answer my questions, they just confirmed the change to cloth.

I often wonder what range of people incontinence products get tested on, sure if you 80 and drink a few cups of tea and a juice then fine but for me being 34; drink plenty of fluid and I like a beer then most products suck.

I also can say that if the only diaper that was available for incontinence was lille supreme, I'd be straight under the knife to have a neo bladder made or bottox.

The fact that there are some half decent products are available means I have a choice everyday of how to deal with my incontinence.

I think this is why Gary has started trying to make good disposable diapers now. He is incontinent and was having the same problems as everyone else trying to find a good plastic disposable diaper. He still has a lot of improving to do to them but they are already ok enough to be my primary diaper.

I often wonder what range of people incontinence products get tested on, sure if you 80 and drink a few cups of tea and a juice then fine but for me being 34; drink plenty of fluid and I like a beer then most products suck.

Abena tried to go just to cloth like backing and found to many people like the plastic backing so they sell the plastic backing in mediums to extra large

There will always be those of us who want only plastic-backed diapers B) So there will always be someone making them, right up to the point wherre it's no longer profitable to do that. As the ABDL market goes, we've got a few suppliers I think we can count on for a long time. You just have to remember that many companies are marketing to Incontinents, not us, and they aren't going to go to a lot of trouble for us :(

For discreetness I have actually gone to Attends Extended Wear / Overnight for my day diaper (not incontinent, but wear 24/7). So far they have been the only ones I have tried that don't seep wetness and have no smell.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully XP has enough clout to keep Abena producing the plastic backed X-plus for the foreseeable future. I order from them monthly and have expressed my opinion of the cloth-backed diapers to Gary many times. I encourage everyone that orders from XP to do the same.