LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Changing At Work

I'm sure this thread has been started before - and maybe I even asked years ago. But I'm thinking about it now...

How do you change at work?

The part I'm most worried about is taking my bag into the bathroom with me. Not as worried about bulges or crinkles or etc. Anybody have any brilliant ideas as to how to deflect the "oh, are you leaving?" type questions

I take my purse into the bathroom and I change in the stall. I do throw the diaper away in the trash can. I have always waited until the break room was empty before taking the purse with me so no one would wonder why I was taking it upstairs with me when my shift hasn't ended.

Love having a personal bathroom in my office.... In seriousness I used to change in an emergency staircase no one ever used until my stash got discovered by the office manager and janitor. Luckily he had had prostrate cancer and completely understood why I would hide.

As for bulge, wear thin diapers like tena and you are set. Wear blazers to cover your hind end too :) like as not with the blazer you can wear almost anything. Remember dark pants

Spargano

I've worn to work a few times, especially since it's pretty difficult to get a chance to go. Sometimes I just have a harder time holding it. When I do wear, I wear a tena pull up with a stuffer inside without any holes poked. When it gets kind of full, I switch out the stuffer and the pull up is usually dry. It's an easier change. I couldn't imagine changing a diaper that's taped though.

Leave lunch bag in car, have diaper in it, bring into work with a quick pit stop at the bathroom. :) I've found a decent size lunch bag works well and nobody looks in it.

Also, in the winter if you have a jacket on, head out to the car to plug in phone or whatever, stash a diaper under your armpit under your jacket, more concealed then you may think. Then, stop at the bathroom before taking your jacket off. Works well at gas stations too.

I usually bring my diaper in my office with me in the morning. It is inside a dark walmart bag so it's a bit difficult to see what is in it. All morning I just leave it inside my desk, and I usually change in the bathroom around 1pm or so as it's usually not used around 1 or 2pm. That's when everyone else is back from lunch and has already used the bathroom. After changing I just toss the old one in the trash. I've been there 10 years and nobody has ever questioned me about wearing a diaper.

I have a black climbing bag that I use to carry my lunch and a change. When I need to change, regardless of when that may be, I just take my bag with me to the bathroom. I've never had a colleague ask and can't see why they ever would. Most people don't ask their colleagues questions when their on their way to the bathroom.

When at the office i have a larger purse that i keep my diapers, wipes, cleaner and cream in. I keep a few spares in the back of a drawer in my desk. i have been at this company for 5 years and had no problems other than the usua jokes the come along with a larger purse.

When i travel I now have a cute diaper bag that looks similar to a large computer bag to keep my things in

Barbl

The few times I've worn at work, I managed to hold it the whole day, or didn't go till about 30-60 minutes before the end of the day. I have had situations where I would use the handicap stall for more room to use the toilet then put back on the diaper. Untaping it is generally the most difficult part. I try to sit, then untape just the top. As far as I know, no one's ever noticed. I don't think I could bring myself to actually change diapers at work. I prefer just wearing them over actually using then. :)

Nomura, I won't speak for others but on days when my body decides not to cooperate it's not a matter of bravery it's a simple matter of necessity. I work in a professional office and as such people just aren't going to ask. Remember, your colleagues REALLY don't think about or care what other adults in the office do in the bathroom.

(Apologies in advance for typos, this is types on a phone.)

As a leader in a large company, I am expected to "fit in", that is, I am expected to fit a certain profile of a leader: energetic, balanced, visionary, available etc. you get the picture, I am sure. Revealing my diapered state amongst colleagues would undermine my status as leader. So over the years I have developed a few good solutions to the challenge of keeping my diapers a secret:

* My wardrobe has evolved both to hide my diapers and to fit the 'dress code'. It consists if mostly black pleated-front slacks. To minimize bulge and prevent sagging I wear Abena Abri-Fix over my disposable or a onesie that doubles as undershirt. On top I wear a collared shirt and in formal settings (sales presentations) a jacket.

* I have a selection of bags that allows me to bring to work enough supplies for the day. On the days when I commute by car I can keep my change of clothes and extra supplies in the car so that I only need to take a medium size computer bag with enough space for diapers and wipes.

When I commute by public transport, everything has to fit in my bag: on those days I take a large rolling tote bag.

In order to take my diaper and wipes to the bathroom I use a neoprene bag similar to a laptop sleeve.

* What I bring on business trips depends on the duration of the trip, the destination and the circumstances. If it's a trip of a week or more, then I bring a collapsible bag for my diapers. When it's empty, I can fold it up and store it in one of my other bags.

The most difficult situations are one-day trips with flights at the beginning and end of the day: I am expected to travel light, but I have to prepare for the possibility of a leak and bring a change of clothes. And I have to prepare for the possibility of the trip getting extended (missed flight, additional meetings) so I do have to bring supplies for two days including what I need for the night. In situations like that I sometimes choose indwelling catheters over diapers, as a catheter and bag are so much easier to deal with - provided I don't exercise. (Yes, I know about the risk of UTIs.)

* Finding a place to change is not always easy. At my principal office there's a locker room / shower with a door I can lock. If it's very early in the morning or after regular office hours and the building has emptied of most staff, I sometimes just go ahead and change in a stall. (I work in the US where bathroom stalls offer less privacy than anywhere else in the world.) The risk there stems from the noise the tapes make - something I try to avoid letting colleagues hear in case they associate the sound of the tapes with diapers.

When on the road I either choose a bathroom on a different floor, or I choose a time when my colleagues are occupied (meeting).

If it's a completely anonymous setting (eg airport) I don't mind others hearing what I do.

Fundamentally, if anybody dared to make a comment about my diapers in a work context, they'd expose themselves and their employer to lawsuits. So I am not worried that a reasonable and mature person would not only not ask about my diapers, but also not talk about them to our colleagues. The only exception might be the executive assistants and human resources teams. But they know a whole bunch of things they cannot talk about, because if they did, they'd loose their job.