LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The 5 branches of the Us Military

dlsmd

I would imagine that a lot of people don't think of them as military since they operate solely in a domestic sense, unless I'm mistaken. At least, their primary duty is domestic. That's not to say they don't perform a vital job, just that it's not a job most people consider a military-related one, even if it is considered part of the military structure.

The Coast Guard for most its history was not part of the military except during wartime. It belonged to the Treasury Department and later the Dept of Transportation. Now,it's under the Dept of Homeland Security.

I agree, the USCG doesn't get nearly as much recognition as it deserves.

The Coast Guard does not fall under the Department of Defense. Until recently, the Coast Guard was under the Department of Transportation. Recent legislation has move the Coast Guard to the newly created Department of Homeland Defense. However, the Coast Guard is considered a military service, because, during times of war or conflict, the President of the United States can transfer any or all assets of the Coast Guard to the Department of the Navy. In fact, this has been done in almost every single conflict that the United States have ever been involved in. The Coast Guard is commanded by a 4-star admiral, known as the Coast Guard Commandant.

• Like 1

The Coast Guard is further defined by Title 14 of the United States Code:

The Coast Guard as established January 28, 1915, shall be a military service and a branch of the armed forces of the United States at all times. The Coast Guard shall be a service in the Department of Homeland Security, except when operating as a service in the Navy.

My first post as a sailor was on a Coast Guard boat. (Seriously, I joined the Navy and got assigned to Coast Guard ship... lasted 4 months, then I was on a gray boat, but yeah....) Other then stealing the zoomies uniforms, they run their boats about the same as the US Navy, and they have the same machismo of most services, so yeah...