LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Seeing that this is in some way baby talk there is something that I want to know why do some ABDL's like cloth nappies why others like disposable, I only asked cause most like cloth while others like disposable cause I can never work out why

It is what you wore most of the time. and I think that the rubber panties are an attraction :Giggle"

Even with pampers, up until the 1980's rubber panteis were still used.I do not recalled seeing them not being used until 1981 and even then I am not sure

There was a disposable diaper on the market as early as 1953 called Playtex Dryper and some pads as early as 1942. That should be in the Diaper Museum by now, which I cannot find since the site was remodelled

http://sandralyn.net/1942.html

Between what I sent to DailyDi a while ago, and what I just sent. There is enough to open a "Paradise wing" inthe Diaper Museum :Giggle:

Several reasons I wear cloth: I was born in 1959 when cloth diapers were the only thing available. I never experienced disposables, so the feeling wouldn't click open any fond memories like cloth does. And secondly, I don't live alone. That means I can't store disposables or throw them away. But I can hide/stash cloth diapers and waterproof pants and wash them when I am alone. (I don't get to "use" the diapers often enough except when I'm alone for a long enough period of time. I would be willing to try disposables, but only if my brother gets his own place so I can have my house to myself. (I stay at Mom's house around the corner and come to my house when he is at work).

When I was born in 1964 according to history pioneer disposable diapers were being sold in the USA. However, my extended family were tree huggers and remained anti-disposable, even when Mom ran out of gauze diapers returning from a trip while my youngest sister Missy was pooping constantly. That was the summer of 1972. Mom did have to stop and buy a box of Pampers, which did not yet have the sticky tapes attached. Mom fastened those Pampers with regular diaper pins. The next time anyone in the family bought disposables was 1981 when I was getting ready to leave for a university dorm. I had to transition to Attends from pinned gauze diapers in bed.

I'm into both cloth and disposables. I was born in 1953 so I and my sisters were put into cloth diapers and plastic pants. We moved into an apartment house in 1962 where we had half the attic for storage and since my youngest sister was 3 she didn't need them anymore so my mother had packed them away in the attic in a suitcase. I liked to explore and had privacy there and found the magical stash :-). I couldn't really fit into the pants anymore but I would lay the diapers out and pull them up and pretend my mother put me back into diapers. After 3 years they bought a house and alas the diapers were not moved with the family. I couldn't come out and ask my mother where they went but I assume she gave them to someone else who could use them.

I am a cloth diaper and traditiona baby panties girl. Anything else gives me the creeps

The Playtex Dryper may have been superior to the modern ones in that it was flushable and separate from the panty so you used the panties over again while disposing of the dirty part, but you were adviced to change the panty with the pad. However, if you had 50 pads, you did not need 50 panties

http://sandralyn.net/dryper.html

Hey yeah< I just looked it's not on the front page anymore...Daily?????

Did that get fixed?

I cannot understand why if you had a choice, other than convenience and that is not "preferring" it is out of necessity or laziness. There is no bulk to disposables so they just do not feel like diapers. What I have is so thick between the legs that I have difficulty crossing or closing my legs above the knee

Perhaps but you have all the money hassles and the others, such as failure of the diaper, not knowing where it's been or what it could have picked up along the way and landfill usage which for an adult using them for upwards of 30 years, comes out to quite a lot. And unless the landfill is made to strict standards, which most are not due to the cost, you have a problem of stuff seeping into ground water ond the like. For the first 25 years of my life, I remember only about 2 or 3 "boil water [due to e coli and coloform backteria]' alerts. Over the past 30 I recall at least 7, 4 or whcin were in the lsst 20

What has made things worse is that we use quite a bit of plaxtic in packaging. 50 years ago, we used 90% paper and cellophane, wheich we used to burn. Now with blister packs and the like, much of the trash contains materials that would be very toxic if burned. There were experiments to create nearly sealed off incinerators but those were impractically expensive. So trash has now gone into landfills to accumulate

With respect to landfiills we are already seeng the NIMBY syndrome so space for those is getting tight and the cost of a good hazardous waste containment landfill is more than most twons and regions either can afford or are willing to pay, especially for luxury items like unnecessary single-use throw-away diapers. And those are luxuries as the pre-1970 1000 years has shown/ Beyond that, the influx of 3rd worlders and low hygiene of the welfare class (If you doubt that, ask cops who have to go into these places and settle domestic violence cases what they say) will present a greater health risk as these groups do not diespose of the diapers, or much else, properly

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer disposables during the day and cloth at night. Though I do prefer the plastic feeling more I have also found that disposables are easier on my skin and give me a dryer feeling than cloth. I wear thick Abena's so they are only slightly less absorbent than my cloth diapers yet they are also quite thick (for disposables). Disposables don't let as much smell escape as cloth, and they are easier to change & dispose of when out in public.

• 6 months later...

I wore cloth as a baby of the early 60's. I stole cloth diapers of my younger brother (mid-60s) and my nieces cloth and disposables (early-70s). So, I prefer cloth, but I wear disposables a lot too.