LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

colonoscopy preps

Due to some long term stomach trouble, and more recent concerns, my doctor has ordered a colonoscopy for me on Monday. At 30, I'm a little young to start these, but I recognize it as a useful diagnostic tool, and hoping it leads to a useful treatment. I've been diagnosed with a sort of IBS by a previous doc, but that's a general catchall which means they couldn't identify the root problem.

I've already picked up the gallon jug of golytely, and cleared my schedule on Sunday.

In order to help with some of the nervousness, I was planning on doing the prep diapered. Not sure if I'll be willing to keep it up, depends on the experience. I have plenty of supplies at the house, so I'm not worried about doing very frequent changes.

I have already talked to the hospital at pre registration about my over active bladder and minor stress incontinence, so they know I'll be wearing disposable underwear to the procedure. Even though I expect to be a bit dehydrated from the day before, I worry about waking up from the anesthesia wet.

The old Colonoscopy question again :P Been on here almost monthly. ;) So anyway, IF you think you want to wear diapers for the cleaning process more power to you. But if you must you better have some really good diapers and plenty of them! Also a good tube of diaper creme! Drink plenty of fluids ( I vote Gatoraid or similar) You will get little sleep even with a diaper on you will be up and changing frequently. You won't want to lay in what is coming out of you. It may have just been me but it was like acid!! Thus the Diaper/Barrier creme. As for wearing a diaper in, no big deal, but don't expect them to put one back on you. My wife at the time was out in the recovery room and quickly diapered me back up, but I am incontinent :) IF your not you won't be wet! and unless you drink alot of fluid you will be dehydrated. ;)

YMMV

Simply put after taking the priming solution plan to spend some time on the ceramic throne.

Bring a book; a newspaper or some sort of kindle reading device to occupy your time WHILE

your insides are as completely cleaned out as medical science can do.

Plan your timing carefully you will not be getting much relief (sleep) for a while then it is time

for the diapers.

After the 3 liter (quart) of the golytely cleaning solution things may settle down enough for

a short escape. Eventually you will be passing just fluid and a big absorbant diaper(s) may

work but I have found that wearing them right up to the time of the big office event is best.

The medical staff are well able to take care of the rest of the trickle during the operation.

Right after the operation plan on resuming wearing your diaper(s) and drink plenty of fluids

to replace what was vacated to check your intestinal (colon) track.

So do whatever you need to do the keep clean and comfortable.

The place I have had my colonoscopy says plenty of SMART folks use diapers to make this

a breeze !

Hemorrhoids are the least of your worries. Although my actual rectum was like fire for a few days. You will pretty much be crapping water with such force that you won't be pushing or anything to cause hemorrhoids. I have had three of them over the years and the outcome was always the same..no pun intended!

Since you are not supposed to eat anything but Jello (and it has to be a light colored Jello like Lemon), eventually you will be cleaned out inside and not have to worry the day of the colonoscopy too much that you will still be cleaning yourself out.

DavidMW -

Yes I can attest to that - when the first blast occurs it just might pull the diaper right off. When seated on the throne/commode the force often causes back splatter

• 6 months later...

I remember when I had to do this. I don't know what was worse, the hours I spent on the toilet or the drinking of that god awful solution! I diapered up when I felt like my bowels were going to start unloading. Needless to say, the diaper didn't hold up to round 1 of that junk! I had to change quickly and just sit on the toilet for what felt like days. Not a good experience. If anyone thinks it will be enjoyable, I can save you the time right now and tell you it's really not. It's just acid flowing out of you for hours.