LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pink for a, er, boy

Pink was a masculine color prior to WWII. I believe George Washington's favorite wig color was pink. Color related to gender is a fairly recent thing and is very likely to change in the future. Hell it already has here and there. Pink has fallen in and out of favor with men as a popular color many times over the last few decades.

Yeah, I found that out about a year ago and tell anyone I can about it. The more I find out, the more I realize that so much of the social beliefs and trends in the US in particular didn't really exist pre-WWII. The color thing is the easiest to talk about without someone yelling at you and it's pretty damn crazy.

That's assuming 10 years down the line the world has the same cultural "standards" as they do now, which isn't neccesarilly going to be the case. It also assumes their bedroom will be the same when they're 10 as when they're a baby which in my experience also isn't true. The only thing you accomplish by telling your child pink is for girls and blue is for boys is that your child will think pink is for girls and blue is for boys.

I haven't a clue on what day I was born. Just looked it up though and apparently it was a Monday. Orange is probably my least favorite color. Of the primary and secondary colors I'd probably rank them from favorite to least…

I never told my kids pink is for girls... commercials, toys, etc tell them. Yet when I embraced the colo pink, my kids (4 and 5 at the time) told me pink is for girls.

I've heard that pink toys or packaging help a girls toy sell much better than other colors.. so companies will continue to reinforce this.

• 4 weeks later...

The baby won't have a favorite color, nor will it know which colors society links to each gender until later. I like the idea of painting 2 of the opposing walls blue and leaving the other 2 pink. We'll never approach a more gender neutral society if we're painting the walls one color or the other.

I certainly can't speak for Floaty_Boy, but here's my take: it would be sillly to pretend there is no masculine or feminine. We all have differences, but there is no need for a person to harshly judge someone based on how masculine or feminine they are.