LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Vendor(s) with best onesie prices/selection?

Hey, all.

I'm in the market for a few more onesies. I previously purchased from Fetware, but I see BabyPants also has a pretty good selection.

My biggest issue is price. I'm most interested in standard white, as it best approximates a regular t-shirt, but I might pick up a couple playful ones as well. BabyPants prices are OK -- around $30/ea for mediums (my size), but that still seems a little high to me for a basic white design.

Can anyone offer some other recommendations for us stingy-type folks? While I adore the onesie from Aww So Cute, I just can't stomach a $40+ price tag for what basically amounts to an undergarment, and a lot of these vendors seem to charge WAY over what I'd consider a reasonable price for these items given their material costs.

Thanks in advance.

The costs are almost entirely in labour and distribution; the small market size dictates an inflated price. As such plain white is pretty much exactly as expensive to produce as heliotrope with rainbows.

Understood, but IMO it would seem logical to price exotic designs higher than vanilla ones to offset those costs. Then market them as the "specialty line" or something. The price difference would be negated through volume sales of vanilla items, as there's probably a larger market for plain-Jane t-shirt designs than ones festooned with bunnies and dinosaurs, to be honest. Playful ones are fun, but discrete ones are likely more desirable outside the confines of the AB/DL market.

A corollary on material similarities: Hanes pricing colored or plaid boxer shorts at 2-3 times that of their "tighty-whiteys". Same or similar material, production, labor, and distribution costs.

I know that a small, niche clothing vendor hardly has the resources of a company like Hanes, but I find it a little puzzling why there's absolutely no pricing differentiation across product lines.

Or maybe I'm just an insufferable tight-ass...

lol. :-)

A corollary on material similarities: Hanes pricing colored or plaid boxer shorts at 2-3 times that of their "tighty-whiteys". Same or similar material, production, labor, and distribution costs.

I can't complain too much about those costs. I pay $30 for a single pair of underwear. I actually just ordered a onesie from baby-pants. I already have one from fetwear which is pretty nice but wanted to try something else.

Good to hear. How to the sleeves fit? The short of tees I normally wear are slim fit with somewhat short tight fitting sleeves like most of American Apparel's slim fit shirts. The one complaint I have with the Fetwear onesie is that the sleeves are too long and too loose.

i have a seamstress make mine. i have 20 to 25 and have about 40 more coming may be . she also is making me diaper covers. she is going to make bibs and bed covers in Juvenile prints. cost me about 20 dollars for onesie and about 10 to 15 for diaper covers. bibs dont know yet. the price fluctuates because of the cost of fabric. she is looking for more customers because her husband is out of work.

Adult Baby clothes will always be more expensive than regular clothes because of the tiny market place and since white is the staple colour for most wearers the idea of these being cheaper and subsidised by patterned ones simply will not work.

I'm lucky in that despite being somewhat tall (6') and pretty thin (150 lbs.) and liking my stuff fairly the length tends to always be spot on for me with smalls since I am unusually long legged and short torsoed. I also unfortunately have unusually long arms and broad shoulders which can make finding long sleeve shirts, jackets, and coats that fit my body and my shoulders and arms rather difficult.

i have a seamstress make mine. i have 20 to 25 and have about 40 more coming may be . she also is making me diaper covers. she is going to make bibs and bed covers in Juvenile prints. cost me about 20 dollars for onesie and about 10 to 15 for diaper covers. bibs dont know yet. the price fluctuates because of the cost of fabric. she is looking for more customers because her husband is out of work.

I sent you a message in case you dont check back in here.

• 1 month later...

If you are interested in high quality clothing at reasonable prices, check ForeverAKid.Com. I have never asked Marcie if she could sew something cheap, she just does first class custom made clothing. Before she will sew for you, you must measure every inch of your body from head to toe. When she sends the garment to you, she is positive it will fit you like a glove!

I have one from baby pants which I love (it's white). I got it from amazon and it was reasonably prised. My only complaint about it is that it is a little to long and does not fit snug and hold my diaper in place. I even read the reviews from amazon about it being big and should buy a smaller size, which is exactly what I did. :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...