LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Obamacare Insurance Exchanges May Cover Diapers

Just because demand is unchanged, does not mean that supply curves cannot change radically when government mandates coverage for an item. It would be in diaper manufacturer's interest to consolidate and alter the supply curve... which very much could happen, especially if America re-enters recession (IMO, the GDP numbers issued this month were a joke and we are back in recession, but that's just me).

I am on the fence about this. If I understood it right, the insurance will start covering diapers for none medical reason. I see it like this: Insurance pays for hormone medicine and operations for transgender people so they can be happy, no one gives them pills to hep with their anxiety and depression because they are not happy with the parts they were born with and the fact they look the wrong gender. No doctor tries to fix them so they can accept who they are on the outside and accept they are not a man or woman. I see it the same with this. Some people suffer and have distress and are stressed out or depressed when they can't wear diapers so how is this any different than gender identity disorder? I do see the diaper thing as a medical condition. If people with GID can get their free surgeries and their free pills, why can't we get our free diapers? Yes I know it's because this isn't recognized as a medical condition and GID is. But infantilism falls under sexual disorders and sexual disorders get treated, not enabled. They won't be having insurance companies paying for sex toys for these people so why would they cover diapers? Technically this is seen as a medical condition but not in the way GID is. This is seen as how they see drug addicts and alcoholism, or shopaholics or people who like to steal, all addictions.

The problem with the medical industry in America is that the Medical/Industrial complex has become so overwhelmingly powerful it cannot be controlled. ACA doesn't address any of the core problems that are causing healthcare to be so costly. ACA will only make it worse by flooding the market with more customers to milk - as if we weren't all going to need their services sooner or later.

Please read about gender identity disorder and what it really covers.

http://www.cbs.state.or.us/ins/FAQs/genderIdentity-factSheet.pdf

Here's an excerpt from the article.

"Does the law require sexual reassignment surgery?

No. Oregon law does not require insurance companies to cover sexual reassignment surgery but it may require coverage of procedures that are part of a gender transition process if those procedures are covered for other policyholders for different reasons.

Can you give me an example?

If an insurer covers breast reduction surgery to lessen back pain, the insurer cannot deny breast reduction surgery for gender transition if the provider deemed the treatment medically necessary. On the other hand, an insurer can exclude all coverage of breast implants or penile implants. In short, Oregon law requires equality in treatment.

Who decides whether a treatment is medically necessary?

Physicians decide what is medically necessary, although an insurance company may not always agree. If an insurance company denies coverage of a procedure that a policyholder’s doctor believes is medically necessary, the policyholder can appeal. After exhausting internal appeals through the company, a consumer can request an external review by an impartial medical panel."

In other words, good luck getting diapers covered by insurance for infantilism. ;)

this week it was announced a baby born woth hiv has been cured by giving her hiv drugs within hours

of being born and earlier

last year an adult male with hiv was cured through an intense tx of luekemia drugs and bone marrow transplant from a donor who is immune to hiv ... so we now know a cure is

possible ... but if we cure hiv than pharmeceutical companies cannot make a lifetime

of money off of treating people with hiv ... regardless of the type of insurance ... pharmeceutical companies have been allowed to

dominate how when and where people get treated if at all .... there has long been a history of allowing these

companies to basically influence all decisions regarding health care by every politician regardless of political party .... stop blaming the government and start demanding our leaders end the corruption.... allowing big business to determine if you deserve medical care for any condition is absurd!! thy dont care about us and our friends and families all they care about is makig more money ...

• Like 2

this week it was announced a baby born woth hiv has been cured by giving her hiv drugs within hours

of being born and earlier

last year an adult male with hiv was cured through an intense tx of luekemia drugs and bone marrow transplant from a donor who is immune to hiv ... so we now know a cure is

possible ... but if we cure hiv than pharmeceutical companies cannot make a lifetime

of money off of treating people with hiv ... regardless of the type of insurance ... pharmeceutical companies have been allowed to

dominate how when and where people get treated if at all .... there has long been a history of allowing these

companies to basically influence all decisions regarding health care by every politician regardless of political party .... stop blaming the government and start demanding our leaders end the corruption.... allowing big business to determine if you deserve medical care for any condition is absurd!! thy dont care about us and our friends and families all they care about is makig more money ...

.... stop blaming the government and start demanding our leaders end the corruption....

Our leaders are the government. The only way to change them and end the corruption is to vote in new people who wont do that. Regardless, I feel it's sad we elect these official like congress, who can't get anything done yet they keep getting voting back in. We need a whole new set of leaders and a fresh start. People with some common sense and new ideas and ones that won't vote themselves a raise every year while they send the rest of the country into sequestration. Just keep in mind, all these corrupt politicians were voted in by the people!!! RANT!!

Our leaders are the government. The only way to change them and end the corruption is to vote in new people who wont do that. Regardless, I feel it's sad we elect these official like congress, who can't get anything done yet they keep getting voting back in. We need a whole new set of leaders and a fresh start. People with some common sense and new ideas and ones that won't vote themselves a raise every year while they send the rest of the country into sequestration. Just keep in mind, all these corrupt politicians were voted in by the people!!! RANT!!

i meant stop blaming and start demanding change.... i just used the word government and leaders as if they were different things.... but they aren't... sorry for the confusion..

Ok I need to ask are diapers available on priscription for AB/DL's curently in the US because if not then this whole subject is moot, as what your discussing isnt a change in medical treatment only who pays for it.

Ok I need to ask are diapers available on priscription for AB/DL's curently in the US because if not then this whole subject is moot, as what your discussing isnt a change in medical treatment only who pays for it.

I cannot believe it is even being debated to use tax dollars for government funded diapers for a patient without incontinence.

Justification of such an abuse of a program is insane.

The fall of the Roman Empire was because of welfare...

If you feel your "want" for diapers creates a "need" in your mind get a damned job and buy them. If your job does not pay enough then get a second one.

It pains me to no end when I pay my taxes after working 60+ hours a week when I see people justifying their goddamned fetish to be paid for by my hard work.

I'm all for helping those who need help but seriously?????????

• Like 2

Social chaos caused by economic instability is a prime theory for the fall of the Roman empire. Social services weren't so much cut, under the theory... rather the army's bills were left unpaid, and with taxation at a maximum already, the government had no choice but to nationalize (as in, steal) crops, farms, and property from citizens, in order to pay the military's debts/demands.

I cannot believe it is even being debated to use tax dollars for government funded diapers for a patient without incontinence.

Justification of such an abuse of a program is insane.

The fall of the Roman Empire was because of welfare...

If you feel your "want" for diapers creates a "need" in your mind get a damned job and buy them. If your job does not pay enough then get a second one.

It pains me to no end when I pay my taxes after working 60+ hours a week when I see people justifying their goddamned fetish to be paid for by my hard work.

I'm all for helping those who need help but seriously?????????

People don't want to pay for someone to wear diapers for free if they don't have a medical condition. It will just be a waste of money for them because it's a luxury. That be like paying someone to stay home to play computer games all day long because they have a gaming addiction.

Much of what I see here explains why the psychological profession is not trusted across the street and why it is next to impossible to get mental health issues insured. Many of these so-called disorders would respond to Behavior Modification techniques such as Cognitive Therapy