LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Can't Get It Right..

Zekent

I recently decided to try out wearing tape up diapers instead of my normal pull-up style and I'm having a lot of difficulties getting everything tight ENOUGH but not too tight that it's uncomfortable.

I cheat. I actually tape up the diapers before putting them on. Then after putting them on I'll wear a pair of snug briefs over them. Gives me extra support for when the diaper gets a bit heavy but also a better fit than anything I've ever been able to do when trying to tape up the diapers while wearing them.

Some thought and some experimenting will get you fitted perfectly ;) even though it may not work for others. For 'my fit' I almost always have to fold the non-absorbent part of the front down inside the diaper all the way to the absorbent part- otherwise it will droop or fall down :( That keeps the lower tapes high enough on me- to apply them any lower will pop them loose or tear the plastic because of how I move and the size of my thighs. It helps me to apply those first, but others do the top first and it works for them. Notice exactly what is happening and next time try something different which looks like it will address that issue and remember: there are no 'rules', only suggestions :D

wow, so many complicated ways to do this!

i put mine on standing up. i start by pulling down my pants and underwear to my knees, but not taking off my diaper yet if i have one on already. next, i get a new diaper out and unfold the back of it (with the tabs). then while i hold the back-middle part between my chin and chest, i use both hands to open the whole thing up - unfolding the sides, getting the leakguards to stand up, et cetera. next, i put the new diaper on the "platform" created by my pants/underwear. if i'm already wearing one, i take it off now because the new one is there to catch any drips. then i start with the left leg cuff and the left lower tape, then the right leg cuff and right lower tape, then all the other tapes from bottom to top. if i do it right, the diaper is snug but not so tight that the tapes will rip.

i'm able to avoid using the floor or the wall that way, and that's great since i really like changing in public bathroom stalls. my feet stay where my feet "should" be, all the diaper stuff stays above the lower edge of the stall wall, and the only noticeable part is the noise. oh, and the wet diaper that i carry to the trash can :-D

Don't forget a plastic backed diaper will stretch a little too. I always tape mine up fairly snug and after a few minutes it will loosen up a little from the plastic stretching. If the tapes pop off then that's the diaper manufacturer making a cheap diaper, try a different brand. If the plastic starts ripping then you're putting them on too tight, try tapping them on a little looser.

Popping tapes are an occasional risk for most diapers -- even premium ones. I've had my fair share of popped tapes even on Bambinos and Dry 24/7.

To cut down on them, make sure both your hands and the landing zones are clean and dry before handling the tapes. Powder, oil, dirt, or water will exacerbate the problem. You can also use latex gloves to prevent the natural oils in your hands from smudging the adhesive areas.

Tape the diaper snugly but relatively loosely. If you feel any constriction around the leg gathers, chances are pretty good it's too tight. You can also try to step up one size. The diapers will feel ginormous at first, but you'll run less risk of over-stretching the tapes.

As a last resort, use a small strip of high-test duct tape on each wing to keep everything in place. Gorilla Tape works wonders. You could hang an elephant from a ceiling fan with that stuff. No joke.

You know, for years I've read about people using duct tape, packing tape and other kinds of tape to secure their disposable diapers when the glue on the tapes is old or dosn't hold well.

• Like 1

Rusty pins, You know I've never comment on this but; when I get a bad batch or am trying what turns out to be cheap diapers, I do the exact same thing you just described (except I pin from the back to the front). I've never used extra tape either so- Kudos.

• Like 1

Diaper pins sound like a good strategy, but you're basically creating a pinhole in the diaper through which fluid or SAP could potentially seep.

If you use pins, I'd suggest a pair of plastic pants as well. Should help to contain any leaks through the punctures.

Diaper pins sound like a good strategy, but you're basically creating a pinhole in the diaper through which fluid or SAP could potentially seep.

If you use pins, I'd suggest a pair of plastic pants as well. Should help to contain any leaks through the punctures.