LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

First Time Wearing Cloth!

As june said, welcome to the cloth side! I just had a couple of observations, and these are just from my own personal preferences. Kins carries flannel diapers which I'm not a fan of, but thats my personal choice, I prefer gauze or twill and birdseye. It's just that flannel (to me) feels weird, and doesn't hold up well *shrug* It seems to be a performance thing also, I don't know. Flannel might be a bit more work to clean and maintain, especially if you have a print. Don't be surprised when they start to fade and pill a lot...thats what flannel does. the other thing is, and I understand your enthusiasm and excitement, but you really should have washed the diapers first before wearing....just something to remember down the road. I did the same thing with some trainers I bought, could'nt wait to get them on and should have washed them first....oh well. They were wet very soon, and needed to be washed anyways...thats my rationalization for that little activity :P Other than that, I hope you enjoy :D Cloth is a wonderful experiance and I found to be more liberating than disposables, since you can flood cloth with out worry because it soaks up and wicks a lot better than disposables can. Maybe they are more work, but I think it's worth it :thumbsup: they are more comfortable as well. enjoy and welcome to the cloth side! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Count me in too! I recently started using birdseye prefolds for overnight as I'm a side sleeper. Combined with the PUL pants they are great and have never leaked once. On the down side though they tend to sag really bad as I continue to wear them for an hour or two in the morning (until I take my usual shower). There's the laundry too, lots of it. I've also found I need to wash them once then again using vinegar to really neutralize the

The smell can be attributed to not drying them throughly. This was covered in another thread somewhere, someone made the same comment about odors and smells and after advising them to rinse and wash throughly, make sure to run them through the dryer until they are COMPLETELY dry, no dampness what so ever. he hasn't had any issues since. Much of the smell comes from improper drying and allowing bacteria to grow in the non dry areas...dry those suckers out real well and the odor and smell will go away :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I have disposables if i need them but i threw $ 13,000 at Jenny and Jeanie and said make me happy and they did i have some in use and some stored away of the Angelfluff Ultimate 3 Contour high rise with velcro and an elastic waistband and legs with Blue ice plastic pants high rise enclosed elastic's half are pull on and half are snap on.

• 4 weeks later...

I am currently wearing disposable diapers 24/7. I have tried wearing cloth from time to time but never really enjoyed as much (seemed to leak more in cloth for some reason). I did however, order the new "thick and thirsty" from kins and a couple of vinyl pants last week. Also ordered an AIO from dependeco which I should receive tomorrow. I am really excited to be wearing cloth and saving some money and hoping the AIO works so I can order more and wear them out like I can with disposables!

• 2 weeks later...

Cloth diapers let you know that you are wearing a diaper. They are not shy and easier to use in multiples and there is something creepy about paper diapers. like they will fail at any time and one or two pins are soo much easier to deal with than multiple and fussy tapes and I have never had them fail unfixable. I have nerver heard of "cloth diaper blowout" or splitting

• 2 weeks later...