LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Colonoscopy Scheduled For Today

packrat

Thanks for all the great comments and questions. This was my third exam. My first was at 50 yrs. - no problems. I was awake but sedated. My second was at 60 yrs. and two Polyps were removed. My understanding is that all polyps are "pre cancerous", and large ones left long may be malignant. Also, for the second exam, I was sedated and able to watch the monitor. Because of those Polyps three years ago, I was back on Friday for a three year check up. Our health insurance covers these procedures, so I'm not sure the cost. This time, as usual I requested to be kept alert, but lightly sedated. I started with the Anesthesiologist, and got push back. Then, in the procedure room I requested the CRNA (who really does the anesthesia) to keep me awake so I could watch. This guy was a true jerk. Cocky and arrogant in his mid thirties. He didn't think he could control the anesthesia properly. Bullshit. End result was I went out for the procedure, waking up as I was wheeled into recovery. I complained to the Dr. but it was too late, of course. Also, with one small polyp found and removed, I got a 'buy' until 5 more years for the next exam.

Discussing this with a colleague today, it was suggested that if I indicate that I have sleep apnea, they would not have taken me entirely out of consciousness.

The clinic called today to check in on me. This was handled at the same hospital that I spent 8 years in administration and the clerk recognized my name. I shared my disappointment in the unwillingness to allow me to be alert and watch. She will at least pass the note on to her supervisor. Also, if I get a quality survey, I'll share the same observation and disappointment.

To those who have an opportunity to watch, it is quite impressive. I was able to watch the two polyps removed three years ago. I always wondered how it was accomplished. loop of stainless steel wire captures the polyp and is electrically energized to heat up and cauterize off the growth. No sensation at all during or after.

I have come to believe that the hospital's policy has changed to disallow "watching" to avoid potential legal liabilities or problems. I can't think of any other reason. Next time, I may use this as a pre-negotiation before I agree to use this facility.

I could have driven after the procedure, but my wife would not allow it. She is also in medicine so relented to her driving to keep the peace. On the way home, I did have liquid leakage but didn't have on a diaper. This has not happened in the past, but I'd suggest this protection to anyone getting one, and I surely will for the next one.

In closing this message, if anyone is uncertain about the procedure's value consider this one can, as other writers have indicated, save your life. The procedure has no pain at all. It's all in the prep.

Thanks to all. Peace

Rat

actually if you stated you have sleep apnea, sometimes they will make you have this done at the hospital instead of the GI dr's clinic, as you would than be a 'high risk' patient.

When i had mine done about 3-4 years ago, i also had an endoscopy (down the throat) exam done in the same appointment. I started coming out of sedation like every 20 min, and I remember at one point coming out long enough during the colonoscopy to ask "how do you get the camera back out!" hahahahah they all got a laugh out of that...

I've no need to be awake, they give me full color photos and even offered to give me a DVD of the full procedure! cause that makes for a fun slide show!

I did this earlier in the year due to potential cancer scare.(Everything is cancer now-a-days). I wouldn't call the procedure painless. you won't feel a thing during it but nobody tells you that it feels like you were gang raped in the butt and mouth the next day. For me it turned out fine, just a few surface ulcers and a generic acid disorder of the stomach. Blood(both digested and in stool, sorry for TMI) was the reason my doc and I were concerned initially. The prep tastes awful but it will clean you right out. The actual procedure wasn't bad, my doctor gave me a mild sedative that kicked in right as the rectal camera was inserted. the last thing I remember was saying ouch and then coming to. The endoscopy was interesting as you can feel it swishing around your stomach. I didn't gag due to reflex being numbed but I do recall throwing up a bit. Over all I am glad I did the procedure as it has helped me cut back on the runs and pretty much eliminate acid reflux with the help of omeprazole (generic prilosec). Anyone over fifty should have this procedure done at least once as I watched a friend of the family die from rectal cancer. It's a mean way to go and with early detection it is pretty manageable.

What was interesting when I had my colonoscopy was afterwards they wouldn't let me go home until I farted! I was sedated but able to watch the procediur on the monitor. They warned me that the sedation would keep me awake but I wouldn't remember anything at all about the procediur. That pretty much sums it up. Anyway, I was in recovery and the nurse told me I had to pass the gas before I could go home. Evedently they inflate your colon somewhat so it's easier for the camera probe to see everything. I got up to go sit on the toilet to fart but the nurse told me it wasn't necessary since my colon was totally empty. Well, I wasn't comfortable laying in bed trying to fart in front of everyone, so I insisted on using the bathroom. Sure enough, as I was straining to fart, I discovered my colon wasn't totally empty after all! Not much in there, but enough to have soiled my underpants a little! Oh, and all that time the nurse was sitting just outside the bathroom door listening for me to fart! She had to make sure I passed the gas before I was allowed to go home!

there was an elderly lady next to me in recovery and we were laughing at each others farts .... was a fun time! for me they have to knock me completely out because i have a movement disorder so there is too much risk i could jerk and inadvertantly get injured ... but as i said .... i dont mind one bit!!

when i had my wisdom teeth out i had to have the chemical sedation instead of just the gas as well because if i had jerked my head during that it could have been reaally bad!! i woke up and was like .... did u start yet? and everyone laughed

Anyone here ever go for their colonoscopy wearing a diaper?

i did and thay had me re diapered before i woke up

also i had no problem farting after mine it just came out for about 20 seconds and the nurse said that now i could go home

• 3 weeks later...

Actually around here they not only require someone to take you Home but also someone who will be with you and "responsible" for being with you for 24 hours in case of any kind of bad reaction or anything.

AND AS FAR AS "STAR TREK TECHNOLOGY" they do have a receiver you wear on your belt and a camera in one of those giant capsules( the ones that you wonder is this a suppository or a pill) that you swallow and it takes a video as it cruises thru your go system and you just poop it out with the rest of body waste and give it a seaside burial when you flush the toilet . You then give the receiver back to your Doctor who views it makes stills of things that do not look right so he can blow it up to get a better view and then if he does not see anything out of the ordinary your good to go- if however he sees polyps or anything that could be a potential problem for you you are then immediately scheduled for a colonoscopy and you get to do that horrible prep routine to go in and have the Doctor go hands on up your butt for removal and examination of the polyps

With the changes in the health care laws here in the U.S., I was finally able to have mine done a year ago. 100% of the cost is now covered by insurance as preventable procediur, no deductable! Nothing was found, I probably have the cleanest colon the doc has ever seen. I don't need to go back for 5 to 10 years. Yeah, drinking the crap that makes you crap is the worst part, but well worth it. Anyone here ever go for their colonoscopy wearing a diaper?

Yes i had to drive 3 hours to get to the VA hospital after the prep.

And i wore a diaper all the way there just in case of a suprise on the way.

I took the diaper off just before checking in

i had the colonoscopy at the same time as an endoscopy and told my Doctor when they started giving me the "joy juice" i want a picture of the two cameras meeting and he told me we don't go that far and i said so make a f______g exception your driving recalculate the distance needless to say i don't have any personal recollection of it but everyone was laughing so hard about it that when i woke up from the sedation the and they showed me pictures of my insides they told me about my "special request" and i went diapered and woke up diapered and wet and the nurse was changing me when i first open-end my eyes.

if you Take a purgative with the expected outcome being repeated bowel movements until you are passing clear water they are in no way "accidents"

"accidents are something unplanned, not something that you take an action that the outcome is planned for .