LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Leaking / In Between Sizes

AdamC

Hi there,

I love wearing diapers and wetting them. I do however have the problem that my diapers often leak quite soon, even when I didn't pee very much. I usually wear Tena diapers (Slip Super, Maxi or Ultima), I like the feeling of them the most.

The leaking part may have to do with the fact that I'm kinda between sizes. Medium is a bit tight for me, while large is a bit on bit too large for me. I feel like medium often does not have enough absorbancy for me, while large does not fit me properly, and it will often quickly leak out the sides of the legs.

Any advice on this would be appreciated! :)

I'd say just try other brands. Not all brands fit the same. I'd say using Tena as a baseline Abena and Molicare fit "normal" or roughly the same as Tena where as Bambino, Fabine, and Eurobrief fit small. Dry 24/7 are the only ones I would say fit large. So maybe Medium Dry 24/7s or Large Bambinos, Fabines, or Eurobriefs will fit you better?

Not sure if you are flooding them or not, but try and pee slower when wetting. Maybe a booster pad inside your large diaper would help. Try taping the bottom leg tapes on first, then the top tapes. Maybe you should try some plastic pants over your diaper, or some tight regular underwear or a onesie to help hold a slightly large diaper tighter to your body.

Thanks for the tips. I'll sure to be checking out some other brands.

@Rusty Pins: thanks for the tips; but actually, I tried out many of these tips. I always try to pee slowly, I always tape on the leg tapes on first (and try to tighten them as much as possible), but still it often leakes out at the legs. Plastic pants do of course help (but they even don't prevent everything).

Im the same way. ABuniverse and Bambinos are all tight.mediums. My leg diameter is to large for the cut so the bottom tapes barely fit. The top tapes fit fine. Abriform on the other hand fit well all around. I want to fit the bambino and abuniverse so Im going to sacrifice some leg muscle for better fit.

Thanks for the tips. I'll sure to be checking out some other brands.

@Rusty Pins: thanks for the tips; but actually, I tried out many of these tips. I always try to pee slowly

It seems that for the diapers you're using that you are still not going slowly enough. I tend to flow like a firehose :blush: so what I sometimes have to do is go in spurts, leaving enough time in between them for the diaper to absorb what it just got before starting again. It's a real PITA but it works and that's what matters most ;)

I always tape on the leg tapes on first (and try to tighten them as much as possible), but still it often leakes out at the legs. Plastic pants do of course help (but they even don't prevent everything).

Plastic pants may help, but actually they are not meant to contain liquid for any great length of time, so here fitting becomes important. Disposables also don't absorb from the outside which makes puddling an even bigger issue than with cloth diapers and plastic panties :( I agree with rusty pins- I think what will work best for you is better diapers. Samples are cheap enough so give the better diapers a try first and if you still have leakage problems we will see what we can do to help from there :D

Bettypooh

It might also be just a general fit thing and you might want to try some different brands for that reason as well. Even with two diapers that are pretty similar in actual sizing can be pretty different in terms of fit. Some have more room for the legs, some are lower rise, etc.

If you're ok with the limited absorption of a Tena then I'd suggest you try Attends with waistband (their absorption capacity would be comparable). While most diapers have rounded legs, attends have an hour-glass shape. For some, they are a much improved fit over any other brand (they just don't hold as much as the premium diapers though).