LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wearing Diapers Popular Among Japanese Women

Damn and no chance of going back to Japan to see this now :P

From the link: According to Digital Journal, in 2007 an Ontario company began selling adult diapers online. They hold nine cups of fluid, dry within an hour and are reusable.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who the heck is this company??? :P

I found the Oddity Central article that your source cites. It has some interesting pics, at least.

There's also a line about how adult diapers are increasingly found in the women's hygiene aisle. As near as I can tell, we've been doing that in the States for a while now... ;)

If you can get to Hawaii -- Honolulu, Waikiki beach area around McDonald's you will see a lot of Japanese. I was there this Summer, I believe I saw at least two with padded butts. You get a double bonus by seeing the cute young ones taking their surf boards out.

There's also a line about how adult diapers are increasingly found in the women's hygiene aisle. As near as I can tell, we've been doing that in the States for a while now... ;)
That depends (no pun intended) on the store. CVS usually sandwiches the feminine hygiene aisle between the baby diaper aisle and the adult diaper aisle. In some stores all three are in the same aisle and that's not an accident. Wal-Mart usually puts adult diapers in one aisle and feminine hygiene products in an adjacent aisle. Baby diapers always seem to be on the other end of the store in the baby section. I think CVS and other pharmacies do a better job of marketing though by sticking all of the absorbent stuff as close together as possible. Grocery stores either put the diapers in the feminine hygeine aisle or do the same thing as the pharmacies with the three aisles depending on the store and the layout.

I was listening to talk radio at work today, and this exact topic title came up. It was during a segment on the "Ron & Don" show called ring my bell with Rachel Bell, on KIRO fm if you want to look for it. They just mostly joked about it though. :horse:

Could it be possible that this is because the Japanese have a growing population of elders to contend with? I do not mean the guys who wear khaki slacks, a white shirt, a black tie, tennis shoes, and a lapel pin. I mean elders, as in the elderly. Many Japanese women are elderly. Many elderly people need diapers. Women are people, ergo the trend for Japanese women wearing diapers.

they kindof have a point, nappies are convinient as well as fun

Hells yea! Who amongst us doesn't get a little charge when you see a long line for the bathroom and you have the freedom to let loose in your pants? I won't even mention the horrid state of some public facilities......

Wearing diapers is much more fun than regular undies :D

I can confirm the high number of Japanese tourists in the Waikiki area of downtown Honolulu, however, a good number of them are newly weds. Hawaii and Guam are popular honeymoon destinations for the Japanese. Next time I go back I'll have to look for those padded butts!

I don't usually post because i normally don't have anything to add to conversations, but in this case, as the joke goes, i resemble that remark.

I saw the original at http://nikkan-spa.jp/299209 and thought it was in bad taste, and insulting. It criticizes those of us who wear diapers for protection and calls us names and is totally unsympathetic to the woman they interviewed. She had long times when she couldn't go when she needed to because of work and had some accidents and simply found diapers to be a practical solution. Many women have this attitude. The article just insults us for taking these practical measures, and the English summaries that are popping up online are even more insulting and filled with "eww, gross" reactions in their comments. It's unfortunate that this is getting exposed this way. It would have been much, much better if this "trend" remained a secret to be shared only among those who understand, but hopefully most people in Internet-news-land will get distracted and forget about it soon.

• Like 1

I don't usually post because i normally don't have anything to add to conversations, but in this case, as the joke goes, i resemble that remark.

I saw the original at http://nikkan-spa.jp/299209 and thought it was in bad taste, and insulting. It criticizes those of us who wear diapers for protection and calls us names and is totally unsympathetic to the woman they interviewed. She had long times when she couldn't go when she needed to because of work and had some accidents and simply found diapers to be a practical solution. Many women have this attitude. The article just insults us for taking these practical measures, and the English summaries that are popping up online are even more insulting and filled with "eww, gross" reactions in their comments. It's unfortunate that this is getting exposed this way. It would have been much, much better if this "trend" remained a secret to be shared only among those who understand, but hopefully most people in Internet-news-land will get distracted and forget about it soon.

Wow Kaori, I had no idea. It is downright degrading not to be given toilet breaks at work.