LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Not Football League "Officiating"

Mischa

Okay, in the interests of fairness, I am a die-hard, born-and-bred, bleed-green-and-gold Packer Backer.

But GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK!

In my eyes the NFL has lost almost all its legitimacy, they locked out their usual officials and replaced them with a rag-tag band of low-level college football referees. These clowns have screwed up numerous calls, but now they've bungled a call that legitimately and directly decided the outcome of a game. This bungle could easily be the deciding factor in screwing one or two teams out of a playoff berth and a potential Lombardi Trophy.

Time for the NFL to give in and pay the fraction of apercent of revenue extra to get the real refs back, and send the replacements back to the footlocker they found them in lol.

I completely agree, but the NFL Brand is inelastic: We will watch the games whether the refs suck or not. I really do hope something gets done with the refs becuase that TD call was BULLSHIT!!!

That was unreal!! I just watched it now, had to record it, but omg. I mean I was cheering for Wilson and the Seahawks to get the W, but that felt a little to dirty.

The whole game was littered with terrible calls, I think this game will bring the replacement ref debate front and centre for sure.

I agree that they need to get the regular NFL refs back. The replacements get critisized if they do and critisized if they don't. I am not a Packers fan (sorry mischa) and I will root for their opponant almost every time, but I do think the call last night was wrong and feel as sorry for the Packers as I'm able to. I don't blame the Seahawks, it's not their fault. I put some blame on the replacement refs, but it's really the NFL and comissioner who is to blame for not setteling the lock out! I don't think that even teams like to win if it's a dirty win, which it was. It's not the first time and won't be the last time. I remember a game with the regular NFL refs where one team, I believe Indianapolis when Jim Harbaugh was quarterback, lost the game and therefore their superbowl trip when a touchdown pass was caught in the end zone by Pittsburgh, ruled a touchdown and replay clearly showed the player's foot out of bounds! And that was a playoff game that sent the Steelers to the superbowl! Things like that have happened before and will happen again, and rge refs will keep getting blamed. Yes, last night was pretty blatant, and maybe enough pressure will be brought to end this foolish lock out!

Not an NFL fan at all....I like hockey. However I do have a soft spot for the Pack for some reason. Anyway...yea they were completely ripped off. How in the heck could you call that a touchdown? My sister could make a better call than that and she is still trying to figure out how many 'quarters' there are in the game......

I think they were correct on the catch in that the tie goes to the receiver (I have a rule book and can look that up). But that Seahawk guy looked like he was guilty of blatant offensive pass interference before the ball came down and if so, that's where they should have thrown the flag.

With all due respect, you're the only person that's cited that rule that has said it was a touchdown. I'll bet there'll be at least one player from every other NFL team besides the Seahawks saying it was a horseshit call.

I seriously hope that from now on until the real refs are back that every time there's a flag on an NFL play, the fans in the stands chant "Foot Locker"

As for the demand being inelastic, I can choose not to watch the games and only watch the ESPN highlights, and if others do the same, they will lose out on some ad revenue eventually, hopefully enough to make an impact.

As for the NFL referee situation, I believe the current officials shouldn't be forced to be full-time, but when they retire, they should be replaced by a full-time league-trained official..

I walked by Foot Locker tonight (the store at the mall) and was thinking of dropping in and seeing if any of the sales associates would be down on the field this weekend. (OK, there's been a few Foot Locker references already but just had to throw this one in too)

I'm not really a consumer of the NFL; too busy watching soccer and, if not that, college football, and usually only catch a few games a season. This referee business doesn't inspire me to prioritize watching any more than usual. That, plus after taking some interest in the Saints over the past few years, the bounty scandal with them almost fizzled that out too. I'll just root for our most local team (withheld for anonymity reasons).