LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Daiper Taping

diaperboyMN

How are you doing it? You need to either lie down or back yourself against a wall (actually a door frame works well) to hold the back in place.

Then position the flaps in position and then do each leg and then each waist tab.

What you want to try if you like lying on the floor and diapering,lay on the floor get the diaper in place and then tape the lower tapes as tight as you want them.

Then stand up and tape the top, your body does change shape slightly when you stand.

• Like 1

I always lay on the ground when diapering myself. It's the best way. When the diaper comes between my legs, adjust the diaper in place so it's centered and the back is slightly higher than the front. then you know how...self explantory. Maybe you just need alittle more pratice and soon you'll be an expert or good at it you'll walk like a duck right after you diaper yourself. You'll get it.

It varies for everyone so there's not one right way for anyone but you ;) Experiment with all the different ways you can think of and you'll find what works best for you :) In the beginning I had to lay on my back to get a good fit. Once I got it right, I began to understand what effect each tape was doing as to the fit so now I can do just as well by standing up and pulling my diaper into place, squeezing it between my legs and then taping. FWIW I tape the bottoms first, then the tops (which are the toughest for me to get right) and then I tape the middles in between with just enough tension to relieve some of the stress on the other tapes so they don't pop. Sucking your tummy in may also help but that can lead to taping the tops too tightly. Just keep trying and you'll succeed sooner or later!

Bettypooh

I had the same difficulty whenever I tried to put on a disposable diaper and have found a little trick that seemed to help with getting them on a little more snug fitting especially at the legs which is where I wanted them a little more snug and it discourages little hands from finding their way into the diaper!

In the standing position, place the diaper behind you at about your normal wearing position and lean back to hold it there, then pull the front up between your legs, I find it helpful to slightly to keep your feet apart just enough to make it easy to pull the diaper up between your legs. Lower the garmet (front and back) a bit down your leg about an inch or so to a smaller part of your leg and tape the lower tape on one side. Then repeat for the bottom tape on the other side. I find when you pull them up into their final position they fit snug and not to tight. Then you can tape the upper tapes by leaning back against the edge of a door jamb (I use this rather than a flat wall) and taping the top. Then if I want the diaper to be really snug fitting at the top I use regular 1/2 masking tape to go around the waist a couple of times. That also discourages you from using the toilet as it is virtually impossible to get "male anatomy" out anywhere without damaging the garmet.

I find the best way to get a snug fit is to stand against a small area against the wall.

Meaning like in my bathroom, there is about 3 feet of wall and the tub and closet on opposite ends.

That way I can use the wall to hold the diaper in place and also have a mirror to make sure it's on even.

Then if the diaper just has lousy tapes, have a box taper handy, but take the tape off and apply it with your hands.

Don't be afraid to use enough. That tape is always cheaper than throwing away a fresh diaper.

More likely than not, if you use the device, the teeth on the cutter will tear the diaper to shreds.

• 3 months later...

If you diaper while laying down, don't do it on a soft or medium-soft bed. It tends to let the diaper bunch up more as you're laying on top of it, and since you have you weight on it you can pull them tight but they'll still be loose when you get up. Makes sense?

Fasten one of the lower sides, then lift your ass (if laying down) and pull the diaper a little to make sure its not loose, then tape it

Ive found, for me, its best to sit on the corner of the bed, adjust diaper, tape up

Never figured out how to tape standing, which is a must if you wanna change out in public..

Tighten them up with USPS priority mail tape. Thin, works great, its free for the asking. I put it over the tapes when I wear three or more at one time

Then when you're done with your diaper, it's all ready to ship off to the landfill! LOL!

• Like 1

My self-diapering skills are nearly non-existent. I wouldn't dare walk around in just an Abena after I taped it. I end up wearing a snug pair of briefs over the diaper. It creates the snug fit, holds the diaper in place, and leaks have not been a problem (except of course when I know I'm close to full and pee anyway).

Having given up for the most part on taping up myself, I now tape up the Abenas before I put them on. Then they're just like loose-fitting pullups, and I pull the briefs up over them.

DiaperboyMN and DavidMW, I sucked at taping up a diaper at first too. After 16 years 24/7 I think I've figured it out. Don't give with the pre-taping work around. Keep trying, when you eventually get it you'll be glad you did.

• 2 weeks later...

try the wall method, but have more of the diaper extended from the front, then while holding the front, pull the back leveling the two sides. then you want to ake sure the leg are is as tight as possible, and as some have said, do the bottom two tapes, then the top ones.