LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Guest Diapered Jeff

I more or less agree with all that. Any "diet" just isn't going to work. You just need to change the way you eat overall and just always eat like that. There's no quick solutions and no solutions that aren't life long. I used to eat really shitty even though I still ate very little. I have never been terribly overweight, I think the most I ever weighed was 170 and I'm 6'. But now I'm just all around healthier at 31 than I was when I was 18.

It does help though that I'm not terribly interested in food. I eat when I'm hungry and don't particularly enjoy it when I do. I ate crappy in the past due to laziness and not knowing better so changing my diet was maybe easier than it is for most.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, almost forgot to mention, Indian curry is a great part of my diet. I have just recently been starting to cook it myself and I highly recommend it if you like it. No, you cannot have the butter chicken.

What??? No way! Then I'm out. No butter chicken.....what is this world coming to....... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

You are never going to lose weight on exercise alone unless you are a marathon runner. What you'll find is the amount of exercise required will be too discouraging and eventually, everyone gives up. The food you eat is way more important for losing weight, whereas exercising is most important for maintaining your weight. Here is the thing, not eating breakfast is actually probably costing you in terms of weight loss, since you will perform inefficiently until lunch and as a result will eat one large meal at lunch time. Anytime you eat a large meal, your body stores because it can only process so much at one time. Another thing, gatorade, soda, unnatrual juice, etc, are terrible for you in terms of weight loss. They all contain quite a few simple sugars that your body will not spend and cutting them out sounds like it will help you so much. You have to cut them out, or you will not lose weight.

Counting calories is really shitty IMO, because not only is tedious, but it is not accurate. It can work though if you do it for the rest of your life. ....

The thread's mostly dead and Diapered Jeff says he's outta here, but I'll chime in here anyway...

If a sedentary person has a hard time changing his diet, then exercise - even alone - is a good place to start. It's a great habit to get into no matter what, and if the exercise choices are ones that help create lean muscle mass then the calorie burning (and blood sugar burning) effects last long after the actual exercise. And in fact an overweight person who exercises regularly can be healthier by several measures than a thin or average sized person who doesn't.

Agree w.r.t. breakfast and juices. I do drink soda - all diet. Not the best idea, but better than the sugared stuff for weight purposes. I don't drink fruit juice - it often has about as many calories as equivalent soda. A piece of fruit has the same taste, generally fewer calories, more fiber and can take me longer to eat, spreading the experience and flavor out longer, which can be more satisfying.

Like DJ, I don't like coffee, but can get my caffeine fix from tea (hot or iced) so there's no caffeine withdrawal to deal with. I trained myself to stop putting sugar in tea or on cereal decades ago - got so used to it after a while that now I don't like sweetened tea at all.

I haven't gone the counting calories route (though I now keep an eye on rough carb counts due to diabetes). I wouldn't discourage it, although I agree that it would be difficult to do for life. But for someone just starting out, just trying it for about a week could be a real eye opener w.r.t. just how many calories they consume, where they're coming from, and just how many calories some of their foods really contain. (Pizza once or twice a week? Depending on what's on it and how many slices, that could be a lot of calories from pizza.)

And accept the fact that it does take time. 1-2 calories a week if you're really heavy, 0-1 a week as the weight drops is healthy weight loss rate, but it takes a long time to show up in the mirror, which can be discouraging. So get into a "long haul" mindset, add a change or two every week, and give them time to become habit, rather than radically altering your diet and exercise habits all at once. After all, this requires more of a lifestyle change than a quick fix.

The thread's mostly dead and Diapered Jeff says he's outta here, but I'll chime in here anyway...

If a sedentary person has a hard time changing his diet, then exercise - even alone - is a good place to start. It's a great habit to get into no matter what, and if the exercise choices are ones that help create lean muscle mass then the calorie burning (and blood sugar burning) effects last long after the actual exercise. And in fact an overweight person who exercises regularly can be healthier by several measures than a thin or average sized person who doesn't.

The problem I feel is it will be hugely discouraging, because you will not lose weight unless you are working as hard or harder than those people on the biggest loser, which is a terrible way to lose weight. As I said, the diet is the most important thing and I would correct that first. Diapered Jeff's diet was horrible from what he was telling me. I also said, if you eat terrible, you won't be able to exercise so well, because you will feel like shit. True, some overweight people are healthier than some people who are not overweight, but they have exercise and diet on their side despite possibly not losing any weight due to thyroid gland and other issues or simply bad luck. The cholesterol is one of the biggest factors there, which can reap destruction on an average sized person's health. I am sure your doctor has told you all about this.

The formula is simple... Eat less, exercise more.

I got pretty tired of the OP's whining...

actually multiple scientific studies have shown for people who ar emore than 20-30# overweight this formula is... for lack of a better word...bullshit....

eating less and exercising more will make a body used to excess calories go into starvation mode and actually hold onto fat.....

if you have more than 20-30# to lose you need to cut back on your caloric intake most likely, but not significantly, for than you won't have the energy (calories = energy) to actually exercise more... its more about changing what you eat, and how often you move... but again significantly reducing your caloric intake and significantly increasing your exercise will not work.

But than again... all fat people are lazy slobs who clearly eat bad, spend all their time in front of the tv, and clearly have no concept of how to eat healthy.

but if you will notice the OP has not been a member of this site for a few weeks now.

The problem I feel is it will be hugely discouraging, because you will not lose weight unless you are working as hard or harder than those people on the biggest loser, which is a terrible way to lose weight. As I said, the diet is the most important thing and I would correct that first. Diapered Jeff's diet was horrible from what he was telling me. I also said, if you eat terrible, you won't be able to exercise so well, because you will feel like shit. True, some overweight people are healthier than some people who are not overweight, but they have exercise and diet on their side despite possibly not losing any weight due to thyroid gland and other issues or simply bad luck. The cholesterol is one of the biggest factors there, which can reap destruction on an average sized person's health. I am sure your doctor has told you all about this.

I think the discouragement comes either way because folks want to lose the weight quickly, and then get frustrated after the first week or two when what is mostly just water weight loss gives way to the real work. That's where both more gradual weight loss (oops from my above - 1-2 pounds a week, not 1-2 calories :-) and introducing changes over time can help.

I don't think that exercise is the be all and end all to weight loss by any means. I only suggested that it was a good place to start, especially when a sedentary person has problems making diet changes. Diapered Jeff noted a number of food issues. No one is going to lose weight drinking as much sweetened soda and eating as much pizza as he described, and at some point he's going to have to address that, to be sure, if he wants to lose weight. So he's probably a candidate to start making changes on the exercise side of things first.

"I also said, if you eat terrible, you won't be able to exercise so well, because you will feel like shit."

My personal experience is just the opposite. I think the fact that I got into walking and hiking actually made me feel a lot better. Picture a 400# man hiking up to Cascade mountain peaks and across Utah's red rock desert country and you've got the old me. I'm down to 320# now, and when I walk from downtown Seattle uphill to Broadway in Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood, I now pass more than a few people who look to be about half my weight - and half my age (though definitely not when I first moved here). Exercise - mostly walking and hiking, but also a few times a week on the elliptical trainer in my apt bldg's fitness room - makes me feel great, and did so even back when my eating habits sucked. That's why I encourage it.

actually multiple scientific studies have shown for people who ar emore than 20-30# overweight this formula is... for lack of a better word...bullshit....

eating less and exercising more will make a body used to excess calories go into starvation mode and actually hold onto fat.....

if you have more than 20-30# to lose you need to cut back on your caloric intake most likely, but not significantly, for than you won't have the energy (calories = energy) to actually exercise more... its more about changing what you eat, and how often you move... but again significantly reducing your caloric intake and significantly increasing your exercise will not work.

But than again... all fat people are lazy slobs who clearly eat bad, spend all their time in front of the tv, and clearly have no concept of how to eat healthy.

but if you will notice the OP has not been a member of this site for a few weeks now.

Its not exactly BS. Rather the relationship is not simple. I also know people who claim not to be able to lose weight and supposedly have a variety of reasons for it. But they also eat well and exercise poorly. There may be even legitimate reasons for the lack of exercise but it is still true. The body has one energy input - food. It has one energy output - activity. To lose weight you MUST expend more than you intake. And despite the complications that some people have with it it still boils down to that same simple formula.

Can we please just let this one go? I offered him a little advice and encouragement because that's what he asked for. He didn't ask to get criticised, corrected or lectured. I like wearing diapers and I don't want to be criticised, corrected or lectured about that either. I think that was his point.

Someone trying to lose weight is a person that usually needs a little (or a lot) of emotional support to be successful. Sure, they could probably benefit from the advice of a registered dietian (R.D.) and a professional, certified trainer. I don't recall seeing those credenitials in this thread and there is no one left here asking for emotional support.

Peace out.

(this may need to be moved to a more appropriate area of discussion, but I just thought this was more a general discussion topic, so... moderators, move as you see fit. Thanks!) B)

So I'm going to try losing some weight before the winter months set in. I'm doing this for two main reasons, one is to get into clothes that no longer fit (some of my favorite shirts I might add) and admittedly be at a more healthier weight, and the second is so that I can comfortably put on my diapers without feeling ... um... like it's some major chore that requires a lot of effort. There was a time in my life where I was able to put on a diaper in less than 5 minutes, and now I'm lucky if I can get into one within 20 minutes.

FIrst off, I'm an adult picky eater. What this means is that I cannot (even if it meant my life depended on it) change my dietary intake. No matter what, this is NOT going to change. I can't eat fruits nor veggies (I won't explain why, because that's just irrelevant here). Second, I'm looking for alternative solutions, i.e. workouts, possibly alternative things like protein shakes or meal supplements that might help aid in the weight loss quest.

Lastly, I want to be able to fit comfortably in a Medium Molicare super brief instead of the L/XL Depends that I've been using over the last 7-9 years (ever since the "American Fare" brand of K-mart stopped selling their "Large" adult diapers/briefs).

I'd post a picture, but I'm a little shy about posting my face, especially for privacy reasons. I know this largely has nothing to do with diapers, but when it's hard to put one on let alone masturbate in one (Yes, I admit to masturbating, and I don't care), it's time for a change (pun is intended). Ideally, I'd like to lose 30 pounds, but realistically, I'll settle for 15 and work my way down from there.

So any tips or suggestions other than dietary restrictions would be wonderful. Thanks! B)

I don't know how overweight you are but I have a gastric band and it has improved my quality of life. The gastric band is kind of cool because (unlike a gastric bypass) it is totally reversable. The only risk is that of any surgery and that is the posibility of infection.

Well...it is far from bullshit. If you gain weight by eating excessive calories AND maintain said weight gain by maintaining the excess calorie consumption, then the formula is quite simple. Eat less and excercise more. What people cannot seem to agree on is just how much less you need to eat and how much more you need to exercise. Contrary to 'popular' belief, you can achieve astonishing results by cutting back some areas of your diet or eating habits AND moving more. You don't have to start off running marathons....just maybe take a short walk around your block. Or even begin by standing up and sitting back down a few times a day.....

If you are grossly over weight, like I am, you already need to maintain a huge caloric intake DAILY to maintain your CURRENT weight. I probably consume around 4-5 thousand calories a day which is maintaining my current weight of.....and here it is....375 lbs. So its out there...big deal...wanna fight about it? Seriously though...I am consuming a huge amount of calories just to keep me there. If I can create a deficit of 7000 calories a week...then I'll lose 2 pounds.

Now....the whole emotional side of things is where it gets tricky and its where skinny folks just cannot understand. I am a very emotional eater. I've always been this way. THAT is the aspect that I continually have problems addressing. Some people turn to alcohol. Some turn to drugs. I turn to food and I have my food addictions that I deal with daily. IF someone figures out how to supress emotional eating...then that person will certainly get very rich very quickly.

So....yes....the formula is really simple. Less in...more out and you will lose. Figure out a way to control the emotions and you'll win every time.