LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is There A Diaper Out There For Us Side Sleepers?

Seriously - I've never been able to sleep on my back all night, and I'm really, really sick of purportedly great diapers failing on me because I sleep on my side - including Moli super...

If it helps, I'm not big, but I'm not small either, at 6'2" and 220 lbs, most of the excess weight deposited in my belly...

Yes, there are diapers for side sleepers. They are called cloth with a good pair of plastic pants.

I'll second that. I'm a side sleeper, too. The only effective diaper for that is cloth with pull-on plastic pants.

I wear either Dry 24/7 or Bambinos and I use terry lined or flannel lined plastic pants. This combo is darn near 100 percent reliable in my experience. If you wet at night and are tired of dealing with leaks then you really need to try out this combo.

Yes, there are diapers for side sleepers. They are called cloth with a good pair of plastic pants.

Right. Thick cloth and a very good plastic pants are the only feasible option.

I am a side sleeper as well and I wear a dry 24/7 and then I wear a cloth bloomer diaper that my daddy made me over that with vinyl bloomer baby pants on.

Not fair! You're girl. I wouldn't think girls would have the same kind of leakage problems that boys do. The plumbing is different and comes much further down that it does for boys.

When it comes to side-sleeping, one's sex doesn't make much difference because that's not where the missing absorbency of disposables is at :rolleyes: It's the loose liquid that leaks. Diapers with a lot of SAP have more capacity but absorb more slowly. Diapers with a lot of pulp absorb faster but hold less :( Plastic panties help some but they really just give the liquid a little more time to be absorbed; they will leak at the openings if asked to hold liquid long :whistling: Only cloth does thirsty and fast well enough to keep leaks at bay for side-sleeping. I'd love to try a disposable with good side-padding but nobody makes one :crybaby: Till then I shall sleep in cloth diapers :girl_happy:

Bettypooh

When it comes to side-sleeping, one's sex doesn't make much difference because that's not where the missing absorbency of disposables is at :rolleyes: It's the loose liquid that leaks. Diapers with a lot of SAP have more capacity but absorb more slowly. Diapers with a lot of pulp absorb faster but hold less :( Plastic panties help some but they really just give the liquid a little more time to be absorbed; they will leak at the openings if asked to hold liquid long :whistling: Only cloth does thirsty and fast well enough to keep leaks at bay for side-sleeping. I'd love to try a disposable with good side-padding but nobody makes one :crybaby: Till then I shall sleep in cloth diapers :girl_happy:

Bettypooh

I didn't know that. Of course, I don't have any experience in that department. I just figured diapers should work better for the female anatomy. Like you, I'm sticking with cloth at night. While traveling I use a disposable with a Comco training pant over it and then plastic pants. Sometimes I get lucky and the diaper doesn't leak. Most of the time that is not the case.

Craisler, with a better disposable or maybe a doubler, your current system might work ;) Really, what you're trying to do is deal with the liquid that ends up going to the side under you, so if you can lower that amount, the Comco pants might be absorbent enough to deal with that :)

Bettypooh

Craisler, with a better disposable or maybe a doubler, your current system might work ;) Really, what you're trying to do is deal with the liquid that ends up going to the side under you, so if you can lower that amount, the Comco pants might be absorbent enough to deal with that :)

Bettypooh

The Comco pants deal with it very well. What I meant was that sometimes the pants stay dry because I haven't leaked out the side of the diaper. I use the Abena Abri-Form X-Plus XL-4, which have plenty of absorbency.

I've discovered that "priming the pump" (wetting a bit before you go to sleep) flips that switch and tells my bladder to damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead...

• 6 years later...

I leisurely wear Goodnites when I can, and recently got brave and bought a pack of Walgreens Certainty adult diapers, medium. I folded the top over my pointer and taped it tight. Thought the adult diaper would definitely hold while wetting and laying on my back. I was too naive to think that! Would a Tena be better suited? Baby diapers have an elastic band up top that holds most of it. Wish adult products were made more like baby products. 

• 3 weeks later...