LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ibs Causing Occasional Bowel Incontinence

First, let me say that I am not incontienet but I am a life long DL. I have been wondering if I have IBS myself, though, because sometimes I get pain and discomfort in my abdomen, intestines and have to go to the bathroom with a very strong urge. Often after going, the pain or discomfort deminishes or goes away, other times it continues and I get that strong urge again within a half an hour. I feel that if I don't go to the bathroom I might lose it. I haven't had any problems holding everything until I get to a bathroom, but when I go, I may go a little or a lot when having that discomfort.

I've been checked out by my doctor but haven't mentioned anything about IBS. I'm diabetic but don't take any medications for it at the moment, and I have had a colenoscopy. My colenoscopy was so good even the doctor was amazed! No problems there. For a while I was taking a medication to help my pancreas produce more insulin and that medication is famous for causing abdominal discomfort and diahria, but after a talk with my doctor I discontinued it last October. Even before taking that medication, I would have occasional abdominal discomfort. I took Prilosec on the advice of my doctor (before discontinuing that other medication), knowing that wasn't going to help and it didn't. I'm now wondering if I might have IBS.

For those here who have IBS, can you help me with some of your symptoms? How do you know when it's going to flare up? Do you know what causes it? Are there any foods that you have to stay away from in order to help prevent flare ups? When it does flare up, do you get that abdominal pain or discomfort in your intestines, and is it sever at times? Do you have to run to the bathroom when it happens, and do you go multiple times? Does it sometimes cause you bowel incontinence when it flares up, and most important, is there any medication, perscription or over the counter that helps keep it under control? Any help you can give me would be appriciated. I never know when I get that discomfort. I may be fine for several hours at work, then all of a sudden I start getting that pain. Same at home. I may be fine and then suddenly get that pain, sometimes after eating, other times not. When out in Las Vegas a friend and I stopped for pizza and within 10 minutes of eating it I had abdominal discomfort and actually messed my pants a little. I was able to clean them up in the men's room, but it was a case where I had to rush to go to the bathroom right away. I can't really believe that 10 minutes after eating a pizza it was the food that caused me that problem, but maybe it was.

try ad strike out other allergies yourself first.

Mine was simple lactose intolerance, the older you get the less your body can break down the sugar enzyme lactose.

Cheese on pizza has lactose.

does drinking too much milk make you poop and have discomfort ?

Try it, drink a pint or so of it.

If you become bloated, gassy and eventually poopy youll know

I have IBS with cronic constipation but sometimes I get the urge to go only to be to late by the time I reach the bathroom (Thank God for Diapers :) the first time I had a colonoscopy they found out I had IBS but I was told before they did the test that it sometimes doesn't show everything or they don't see becouse it could be behind something (I have no idea waht) Ask the doctor if you need more testing if it gets to bad for you.

Like Bedwetter is saying above my problem is if I eat or drink to much milk or cheese I get all bound up and have alot of Discomfort and then other times I mess my diapers without any warning so it is had to say if it is IBS or something else, Wish I could help you figure this out :(

It can be a food sensitivity, and that can be a part of any food :( I have the reverse problem with potato starches to the degree that if fryer oil was used to cook many potatoes I will cramp up and bloat eating something else cooked in it :o If the oil is changed enough then I don't have that problem. Thus I avoid deep-fried foods unless I know the oil is relatively clean ;) I have a history of colon polyps and they didn't get them all in my surgery- that seems to aggravate my problem.

Thing here is that you might want to try eliminating food groups and see how your body reacts. Give each effort a few days and read ingredient labels, researching anything you can't readily identify as being clear of the thing you're trying to avoid. You should notice something with this method though it may not be a full cure. If that happens, then remove the bad thing from your diet, then remove one other thing in rotation as you did before. It may be a combination of things and this can help identify that. Once you think you've identified the target, test this by eating a moderate amount of the suspected food or combination, and be ready for any bad results. You'll need patience for this may take several months, but eventually you will know for certain whether a food sensitivity has anything to do with this and if so, you'll know what it is so you can avoid it. It took me a couple years before I bulls-eyed my 'target' because processed potatoes are in a few common food additives where you would never expect them to be.

Good luck with finding your cure!

Bettypooh

For me I have a problem with acidic and spicy foods. Orange juice will literally burn my mouth at times. I started having accidents after eating at pizza hut and narrowed it down to tomatoes. No more tomato based products in my diet and and don't have as much of an issue on that end. Also have to avoid spicy foods like the plague since this will upset both my acid reflux and my ibs.

I have IBS, and am also diabetic. I find out that coffee, and soda seems to stir me up, and also certain foods and most of all green leafy productsa such as lettuce and cabbage! I tend to stay away from salads which cause indegestion and almost immediate running to the mens room. Also, weather has a great deal to do with it! If the weather gets hot and muggy, I'm in trouble. I also have Fibromyalgia of which IBS is a major part! If you have aching and IBS, get checked for fibro!

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure if I have this or not but does it get worse when you have it? My symptoms happen once a month or more and it's been happening since last fall. It used to be every few months and then it started to happen every month and then at one point it was once a week. Now it's less again and it's about once a month. I last had it happen on Thursday or Friday. I messed my self on the way home because the pain was too much so I gave it a push when I left the store. Then it gets better and it's like I don't have it at all and then the symptoms come back. I have only experienced it at work a few times and one time I spent 20 minutes in the bathroom this month. I was hoping it be a phase my body is going through but the bad cramping and the diarrhea keeps coming back. I used to think it was due to constipation so it softened the poo up. I do get constipated and have been my whole life but now my poo will be really soft and other times it's runny. I do not have bowel incontinence because I hold it in.

I have not gone to a doctor yet because this is too mild and it doesn't effect my job or my daily life. But does IBS get worse when it starts?

Maybe TMI. TLDR at end

I have IBS mixed (it goes from ultraconstipation straight to diarrhea) so yea i basically don't do anything normal without fiber.. fiber has been the lifesaver for me. Instead of going to the extremes its a lot more manageable.. but ive had that since my teens and before i actually found out about ibs a few years ago, the chronic straining has started to give me urge incontinence.. not to mention the unpredictable #2 that happen during a diarrhea bout..

Try soluble fibers (metamucil and all)