LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wal-Mart Steaks

Their new black label steaks are actually quite good! bought some thin-cut ribeyes and grilled them up with a salt/pepper/oil coat and served them with the Bob Evan's Mashed Potatoes. Great meal.

Tonight it is Skillet Sheppard's Pie as its too hot to turn the oven on or cook outside.

So now walmart is trying to compete with sams club and costco in the food/produce isle :glare: thats a tall order really as the quality of the later two is rather amazing for the price :)

Glad you had a yummy meal though, those are nice on occasion :thumbsup:

So now walmart is trying to compete with sams club and costco in the food/produce isle :glare: thats a tall order really as the quality of the later two is rather amazing for the price :)

Glad you had a yummy meal though, those are nice on occasion :thumbsup:

Unless I am mistaken Walmart & Sams Club are owned & operated under the same company/ownership. Costco is a different story, although I saw a documentary on TV a few weeks ago in which their outgoing CEO who retired earlier this year admitted & acknowledged that Sams Club is their number one rival Competition & that he wanted to drive Sams Club out of business.

Opppppsie! My bad :blush: sorry, my coffee hadn't kicked in yet I guess. I keep forgetting that walmart and cams are owned by the same company / person :blush:

thanks for the heads up. As for the CEO comment, I think it's a notable thing to try and bury you competition, but I think in this case it wont be possible since Walmart / Sams has rather deep roots and has become a H*U*G*E corporation, which can be good or bad depending on your point of view. If anything I think it might be a draw, or that Costco might be the one to get run down instead, since they don't have the business infrastructure that Walmart has built over the last 30 some years.

Again, thanks for pointing out the goof....silly me :blush:

No problem Duck. Actually since the two stores vary drastically in the things they carry & pricing etc, I imagine it can be easy to forget that they are actually the Same Company just two different stores.

Rockies Fan.

We normally get our meats from a close by butcher as well. If we don't find what we need there, will go to a slightly further distant chain store that has union represented and knowledgeable people behind the counter too, always fresh and good. :)

Opppppsie! My bad :blush: sorry, my coffee hadn't kicked in yet I guess. I keep forgetting that walmart and cams are owned by the same company / person :blush:

thanks for the heads up. As for the CEO comment, I think it's a notable thing to try and bury you competition, but I think in this case it wont be possible since Walmart / Sams has rather deep roots and has become a H*U*G*E corporation, which can be good or bad depending on your point of view. If anything I think it might be a draw, or that Costco might be the one to get run down instead, since they don't have the business infrastructure that Walmart has built over the last 30 some years.

Again, thanks for pointing out the goof....silly me :blush:

Costco has 64 million members, they are'nt getting run down anytime soon. They have better stores anyway.

Not sure about other cities, but where I live Sam's Club is terrible. Their selection is horrible. I heard that they only carry overruns from Walmart, so it's basically just a bunch of crap from Walmart that nobody bought in the first place. Costco is way better, but even Costco's prices aren't low anymore.

When I shop at Costco, I end up looking at the per unit price and realizing Winco is cheaper and I don't have to buy 12 cans of it at Winco. lol

I prefer Costco to Sams as well.

Sorry, but I miss living near a Sams Club and I checked out the Costco I live near here and decided it wasn't worth the price of admission. The reason is simple and relevant to this site. Sams in FL had boxes of adult diapers called "Simply Right" that were are "go to" diaper. No, it's not great, but it was cheap and did the trick for limited time. Our Costco here has no boxes of adult diapers so that's why I prefer Sams Club in general.

Honu, you might try ordering from sam's on-line (if they have one and they would be nuts not to) but you should be able to get what you need. Here we have sams and costo right next door to each other. plus home depot and Lowe's in close proximity to each other, so basically most everything you could need are right there in one spot :P

As for Costco's membership from above, thats not really important. Because when you put Costco and Sams side by side in a business arena...Sams (Created by Sam Walton) Started with Walgreens drug stores back east, then grew those across the country. Then came Walmart and the same thing, using large purchasing power for "lower prices' on 'quality'(?) products, now there is Sams Warehouse, and it's the same thing modeled after costco (IE Price Club) The thing that Sams has that Costco doesn't is name brand and presents in the market. Walgreens,Walmart and Sams all over the place they are much like McDonalds, where Costco may have better quality and decent pricing, but no where near the market in-your-face presents that Sam Waltons companies have, so if push comes to shove, it will be Costco that gets buried, the old "quantity vs Quality" thing...Like it or not, thats the way it is. Unless Costco comes up with something special that makes it stand out and give it a bigger 'moat'(something that makes them unique and further away from competition...much like American express is basically the only credit card that does what they do the way they do it etc), I see it eventually giving up market share and possibly going away *shrug*

It's kind of like way back when they had the video tape wars....it was VHS vs Beta. Beta had better quality in recording etc, but VHS won because of quantity and numbers of players available,....and it was cheaper....thats the way the market works...Costco might have better quality and better products, but if you can get "the same thing' cheaper, thats where people will go...quality just doesn't seem to matter to many people any more.

Actual value vs perceived value...something you have to really look at. Costco might provide 'actual value' with quality products at a bit higher prices, but if Sams can shave off say 10% of the cost and offer a 'perceived value' you have to really shop around for what you are looking for. Generally people wont pay the higher price for what they deem to be 'comparable" items...but it's the same thing between McDonalds and Jack in the box..Take your pick...both offer similar items, but different values and prices etc. I don't eat at either so it's no biggie to me...nor do I shop at Costco, but I do get the polish sausage and soda deal for $1.63 :D and I hear their pizza is pretty good too...might have to join up ;) and help save them!

I'll take costco over sams club any day. Costco allways has a good quality product, or they dont have it at all. My only problem with costco is you have to buy much larger quantitys of most items. BTW, the costco here only sells depend pull ups, no real diapers.

We don't have a Costco around her but our Sam's and Walmarts are pretty amazing. I haven't tried Walmart's new steaks yet, I'm lucky enough to be able to drive twenty minutes to a family owned butcher. There is nothing like the smell of fresh meat, I swear fresh bacon smells so wonderful.

Generally with the right seasoning and cooking method, even the shittiest piece of meat can be great.

Generally with the right seasoning and cooking method, even the shittiest piece of meat can be great.

:roflmao: It's nice to know that there is hope for me yet :P

Actually Walmart has switched to Choice steaks. I believe they were previously selling Select. These are the grades given by the USDA on all beef products. Sadly this has driven up the price of Choice meats for there competitors and for restaurants who are not purchasing high volumes of meat. With that said, it is definately worth buying meats from Walmart now. The quality is definately good and it will save you some money. So unless you are dead set against Walmart, (which I know some people are) you won't go wrong by shopping for your steaks there.

And yeah, I'm one of those Walmart Associates who actually knows his job.

I love steak. Will have to get me some sometime. I don't think I have had any steak in at least a year.

Chad

and a lot of cows appreciate that a L*O*T! :P

Despite the recent advertising hype, Walmart steaks suck. You can due better at Sam's Club if you shop carefully. Sam's serves a wider base than Wally World. Even many small restaurants buy there, take a look at all the commercial food service stuff they sell. More so than Costco, but Costco does some as well. I periodically cook for the multitudes, and check both Sams and Costco along with some local meat processors. I often can do quite well at Sam's.