LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why Are Adult Diapers Going To Cloth?

Well i purposely left the disposable diaper world except for an occasional Abena M4 for real Cloth and Rubber pants to escape what they are doing to what used to be perfectly functional protection into Mickey Mouse crap!!

The short answer is that adult diaper manufacturers have found the vast majority of their customers prefer cloth-like outer covers with repositional tabs.

The only large group of customers for adult diapers with poly-plastic outer layers are some institutional care facilities and private caregivers who find it easier to use poly-plastic with patients confined to bed.

Most of the larger adult diaper manufacturers either also make baby disposables, or have a corporate relationship with baby diaper making. Over the years research into baby disposables has been re-purposed to adult diapers.

Europe has the same trend. Abena changed to cloth like. Abena with plastic are now left overs in fetish stores. You cannot order them in a regular medical store or online pharmacy anymore.

The velcro tapes are super good. Much better than adhesive. That is the very simple reason the store brands are going with the cloth like exterior. I know of some brands that sick with the adhesive tapes even after switching to cloth-like exterior. They are really dumb.

Europe has the same trend. Abena changed to cloth like. Abena with plastic are now left overs in fetish stores. You cannot order them in a regular medical store or online pharmacy anymore.

Abena is just one brand though and a lot of brands seem to be still out there that are plastic backed. Again could just be a skewed perspective because in the US we really only see people wanting to import the plastic backed ones as fetishist are the only ones that care enough. Abena though I do believe still manufactures the plastic backed variety, for XP Medical anyway they do.

I live in helena mt and only two stores here sell the clothlike dispossible diapers the rest just sell pull ups witch don't work so I found a company that bills medicaid and ordered Tranquilty. All through the nights which are plastic and holds a lot. I am lucky iam incontinent other wise I would have to pay a lot of$

Also of note is the fact that many healthcare providers (especially in Europe, which sucks for Abena) are required by policy to only purchase the 'cloth-like' diapers. For what reason, I can't say, but obviously people like us, and even individual incontinent people, don't make as much of an impact as people buying in that kind of massive bulk; hence companies are switching to cloth-backed to stay afloat.