LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why Are Adult Diapers Going To Cloth?

i was in town today and i was running low on diapers so i went to a few stores to look for depends max and cant find them any wear.

after looking in like 3 or 4 different stores i wound up in walmart and still couldnt find them so i settled for assurance. i didnt know that these were cloth a few weeks ago i bought some cerntinty not knowing they were cloth. what is ahappening to all the plastic diapers??? i would like to try tena but every were i go only has the pads so i geuss im going to have to order them off line.

this sucks :crybaby:

I agree it sucks that there going to cloth. Even though I like cloth diapers. I only love it when it's an actual cloth diaper as in reusable. When It's the disposables I prefer them to be plastic backed.

I was looking for some depend max protection with tabs about a week ago and couldn't find any so I had too settle on a brand named "Goodsense" even though their clothed backed. They actually more resemble a baby diaper and the tapes are even the same as some baby diapers.

There pretty good diapers and actually better than the depends.

never heard of Goodsense and cant find them online you got a link?

Here's a link. id00394-gif.jpg

I bought 2 packs of them at Alco for $8.99 a pack. The ones I bought have 14 in a pack.

i was in town today and i was running low on diapers so i went to a few stores to look for depends max and cant find them any wear.

after looking in like 3 or 4 different stores i wound up in walmart and still couldnt find them so i settled for assurance. i didnt know that these were cloth a few weeks ago i bought some cerntinty not knowing they were cloth. what is ahappening to all the plastic diapers??? i would like to try tena but every were i go only has the pads so i geuss im going to have to order them off line.

this sucks :crybaby:

The reason that alot are going to cloth like is to make them feel like underwear.Heck even some of the adult pullups dont even feel like underwear.Allmost all the adult diaper makers make them for people that are inconite

Because the manufacturers are in cahoots with the rubber panty companies?

Diapers are going to cloth because that's what their biggest market segment (the incontinent) seems to want. That's the way businesses work if they want to grow ;) There will always be an ABDL niche market that supplies us with plastic backed diapers :groupwave: Casual low volume buyers of products of any kind are bound to find some things no longer being sold where they used to be or no longer produced at all :o "Depends Max" is now "Depends Protection With Tabs" (not just Depends with Tabs which is cloth-backed) and here only Walmart has them. Well, at least they're still available here so all is not lost but in time I expect even them to stop carrying them :( I buy these locally for convenience purposes and if I have to order online, I'll be buying something better. I hope Depends and Walmart get that message and understand that it may be in their best business interests to make sure they sell the plastic-backed Depends. If they get enough sales volume then maybe they will.

Bettypooh

Bettypooh is right on the money. Us Ab/Dl folks aren't numerous enough to drive mass market influence. So the trend is towards a product that performs like a diaper but resembles one less and less which is more than unfortunate for us plastic lovers :crybaby:

I've chatted with a few incontient folks on-line and they were almost unaimous in voicing their preference to plastic backed rather than cloth like. The one dissenting voice spoke of how cloth like didn't make noise like plastic backed diapers so that is what he prefered. Mind you this was a few years ago when Depend was super crinkly....

I have a few cloth backed disposables and they'll do in a pinch. But it will always be plastic for me.

Diapers are going to cloth because that's what their biggest market segment (the incontinent) seems to want. That's the way businesses work if they want to grow ;) There will always be an ABDL niche market that supplies us with plastic backed diapers :groupwave: Casual low volume buyers of products of any kind are bound to find some things no longer being sold where they used to be or no longer produced at all :o "Depends Max" is now "Depends Protection With Tabs" (not just Depends with Tabs which is cloth-backed) and here only Walmart has them. Well, at least they're still available here so all is not lost but in time I expect even them to stop carrying them :( I buy these locally for convenience purposes and if I have to order online, I'll be buying something better. I hope Depends and Walmart get that message and understand that it may be in their best business interests to make sure they sell the plastic-backed Depends. If they get enough sales volume then maybe they will.

Bettypooh

Bettypooh

I like my ideas beter. It has more Conspiracy fun factor. Anyone who wanted to could spin this out to an interstellar invation or an invasion from Fairyland and be a guest on Coast to Coast. If they mention "climate change" they get to speak at the UN, the Chamber of Commerce and a Nobel Peace Prize: All in the same year. Such a deal!

They actually more resemble a baby diaper and the tapes are even the same as some baby diapers .

Oh??? How so? I'm all ears lol Are you just saying they have velcro tapes? Or are you also referring to the general look/shape/feel of the diaper? Do they have stretchy sides like baby diapers???

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

At least the fairly expensive Bambinos will stay plastic forever, as they are ab/dl diapers.

Also the Cushies,Super Dry Kids, Cuddlz are ab/dl diapers and will always stay plastic(apart from the special cloth-like version of Cushies).

I also think that this trend is what is happening with kids diapers as well. Most pampers et al are all cloth like. I guess this is for what ever reason the mfgr's feel. Maybe trying to make them more 'underwear like' so the kid won't 'Look" like they are wearing diapers :huh: They could also be cheaper....and cooler (not!) and more environmentally friendly (biodegradable) but we all know better :P

Thats all I cna think of, the adult market is following the childrens diaper market....for what it's worth.

I think all the baby diapers today are cloth like. I have not seen a baby plastic backed diaper in years. I had no idea the depends with tabs are cloth like now. I think the companies should continue making plastic like and also cloth like for people who prefer one of those. Not everyone likes cloth.

I can't recall when I last saw a baby diaper with a plastic backing- it was probably at least 8-10 years or more ago I guess :( The plastic backed Depends are still made and are called "Depends Protection with Tabs"- at least till they change the name once again :screwy: There is (or was) a "Depends with Tabs" which is (or was) cloth backed with velcro closures instead of tapes so you've got to read the label carefully to be sure of what you're getting ;)

I told them to leave the names alone but they just didn't listen :bash: They've made the simple act of peeing more complex than I ever thought it could be- if they try to confuse me like this any more I might not know which diaper to wear and end up forgetting to put one on at all! :whistling::roflmao:

Bettypooh

Soon there will be

"One size fits all"

Man that would suck...it sucks enough modding baby diapers...imagine if some us unlucky ones had to mod adult diapers...yeah that would be major suckage righr there!

Not only are we a smaller market than lightly incontinent adults looking for very discrete protection, we also have shifted a lot of our buying to the internet (aka mail order) and away from the brick and mortar stores. While we are small part of the market, we are big enough to run the ABDL market out of common sizes on a regular basis! We're really not to blame for choosing internet sources to get better products and better value, but when we do we have no ground to complain about what the stores stock.

I still think it is partially due to the whole Global Warming, save the planet BS. I seem to remember a baby diaper commercial years ago with Mr. T talking about putting a garbage bag on your baby's bottom and how the cloth would decompose in a landfill better.

That' not really an honest presentation, since "cloth-like" diapers are still made of plastic, they just use a different method to make the back sheet, which I imagine is probably cheaper to produce as it would use less plastic than true plastic backed. I don't see any big conspiracy here, just the new method is cheaper to produce.

Well the Brick and Mortars just kept there foot on the accelerator pedal of their demise in terms of Diaper sales, in that they stocked what they stocked and they would not special order a product for a Customer, nor would most places match prices or give rain checks so they drove their customers away to the internet sites and people who got pissed off at the store was not going to go online to the stores website they where gonna go someplace else where they got treated with respect and courtesy and appreciation for their hard earned dollars.

And this spun plastic that feels like Cloth is pure garbage and it does not hold back or contain urine anywhere near the way traditional solid plastic did, who cares about crinkle noise that is part of the products use, it's like hiring a stone mason and giving him hammers and chisels and all the tools he needs to sculpt a statue of your wife and then telling him no noise, well how is he going to do his job ??

As far as diapers go i like my disposables plastic and my Cloth made from Cotton with velcro closure and i know that freaks a lot of people out who want diaper pins but you have to remember i have physical limitations due to illness and i would not be able to do them, i would have to have my Aide diaper me and change me if i used pins, and that is not my thing although i know others would jump at that opportunity

• Like 1

Bad adult diapers (depend/assurance et al) always have made horrible choices and its a wonder they still sell products at all. I guess in about 10-20 years when the boomers who can't use a computer to buy real products start to disappear we'll be able to have our market back.

Also, every year i read about a scare of plastic diapers going to cloth backs and im still buying plastic backed diapers.. *shrug*

TDX, not all the stores were bad about this. I used to buy at a local Medical Supply and the people were nice, but they also said that they couldn't afford to carry a wide range of products which was true. They did offer to order whatever I wanted but said I could do the same and probably beat their price since they didn't get a discount on small lots. As far as the big retailers, yeah- they generally have ho-hium people with an attitude to match :(

Depends aren't the best by far, but their pull-ups with cloth backing don't seep through the backing :thumbsup: If you wet then too much they leak around the edges just like plastic backed diapers do :o I rely on these daily and they haven't let me down in over a year :D The one exception with Depends was their new 'Silhouette" women's pull-up which did seep through the cover and didn't hold much more than a pad would :bash: The cheap pull-ups I used to wear were a different story- their covers weren't waterproof at all and I had to wear plastic panties with them :whistling:

Cloth-like backing can work well but it's not plastic and when I want a 'real diaper' I want a plastic backed one :girl_happy:

Bettypooh

• 4 weeks later...

Oh??? How so? I'm all ears lol Are you just saying they have velcro tapes? Or are you also referring to the general look/shape/feel of the diaper? Do they have stretchy sides like baby diapers???

Well. The velcro tapes look more like the ones used on generic store brand baby diapers. And the cloth feel resembles the baby diapers cloth feel more.

Though the tapes sometimes come detached from the side of the diaper. But the velcro part holds great. lol

They seem to hold more than the Walgreens Certainty Brand. And feel just a bit bulkier, to where at least I can feel that I have a diaper on. With the Walgreens Certainty ones. I sometimes forgot I was even wearing a diaper. lol

Chad