LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abdl Men And Feminine Clothing/Accessories/Products

I'm relatively inexperienced with the ABDL community, but one thing I've noticed is that it seems a lot of ABDL men who do not identify as transgender/transsexual, crossdressers, or sissies are nonetheless just fine with using some "girly" items. The first example that comes to mind is using maxi pads either as stuffers or just on their own; another is the wearing of made-for-girls diapers, stylistically feminine diapers, and/or stylistically feminine plastic pants; another is wearing nylons/tights.

So, was just wondering if anyone has any armchair speculation about why that is, since, stereotypically, most heterosexual cis-gendered men would be pretty put off by that kind of thing. Is it something like, being AB already transgresses far enough away from standard masculine expectations that it's not much of a leap from there to using feminine items? Or is it that coming to terms with one's own unusual (in society's eyes) desires for babyish apparel also makes one more open-minded about trying other things? A conceptual link between femininity and children/youth?

Or maybe I've been assuming that the people who've made those kinds of comments don't consider themselves transgendered/crossdressers when they actually do.

Here's a question for ABDL men who are not "out and proud" about being ABDL (or about being sissies or LG, if they are that too)--do you think it'd be more embarrassing to be caught wearing diapers or caught dressed up as a woman? (Or wearing women's lingerie, perhaps.)

Good question. Personally non of that appeals to me as i see myself cleary as being male. I also don't see the attraction to tights as an ab because surely that IS crossdressing. I think I would find it far more embarrassing to be caught dressed as a woman because to me that is unatural & I can't relate to it whereas being dressed as a baby is something that has happened to me even if it was decades ago.

Very interesting question, I think your theory of when diapers are all ready in play it's not that far of a leap to wear more feminin clothing. The interesting thing about ab/dl is that so many people into it have so many different idea's of what makes them get that feeling they desire. speaking only for myself, I have tried to wear feminen clothing with diapers, but it makes me feel very awkward and uncomfortable, just not my thing. Having said that. a diaper and footy pajamas brings me right where I want to go, Even though I look just as awkward wearing that. in the end I really dont think it matters why, only that I take comfort in my ab side and it works for me.

See my blog entry about "the making of a Little Girl" for all the how's and why's of me

As far as "out and proud" I just down't what to need to be bothered with all the questions in casual situations.

I See bigh differneces among Sissiy. Transvestites and LG's

i would love to wear skirts w/o ppl looking funny at me..

never really understood why girls can wear skirts, while men have to wear shorts since they practically the same

i would love to wear skirts w/o ppl looking funny at me..

never really understood why girls can wear skirts, while men have to wear shorts since they practically the same

Does anyone remember the mini skirts that looked like shorts in the back probably it was the 1990s? It was like a half skirt and pant legs in the back. They also had legs in the front, but had a large flap that covered them.

I sleep in shorts, though I've complained to my wife that I don't care for the pockets as they bunch up and hurt my hips. One time I saw some blue short shorts (there was actually a topic recently of some pink ones) without pockets, but they were womens. She said buy them as no one will know. The first couple of times it was pretty exciting, but that wore off. They are loose enough and you'd never know I have anything underneath.

I think it's mostly sexual to wear pads. Though, the many times I've worn them as stuffers they feel wet to the touch and just not very comfortable. In the early days, I was looking for something that was soft (sexual) and absorbency. Though maybe there's some pyschology there that they feel closer to their mother or want to feel that closeness that they never had?

I had a neighbor above me in an apartment who crossed dress his girlfriends clothes when she was gone. For a 50 year old man his libido never seemed to stop. I remember hearing the kitchen table banging away many nights. I think one time she came home with them on and a big argument ensued and that was the end of the relationship.

"Does anyone remember the mini skirts that looked like shorts in the back probably it was the 1990s? It was like a half skirt and pant legs in the back. They also had legs in the front, but had a large flap that covered them.

Those were called skorts. The name was also used to reference any skirt length'd short that billowy enough that you did not see the crotch. which. unfortunately is almost all shorts that males wear today. started by that TV basketball player that wanted airy balls on the court.

When it comes to tights, they were originally a male only item which have been worn since the medieval times. Up until even the 1960's it was frowned upon for most females to even wear pants. Thus they wore stockings with garter belts.

I actually find it fairly weird in today's that females can get away with wearing whatever they want and men are so restricted. Sure you won't catch me wearing capri pants or those long shorts like some of the guys I work with

As short a time ago as 5 years, I would have listed as "Transgendered" but it seems that this term has become synonymous with Transexsula. At an earlier time they had to different meanings. "transgendered" referred strictly to psychology and more often than not referred to tnose of us who were perfectly happy the way we were born with no wish to alter our bodies, as well as those who were unhappy about what we are. It seems we live in the world of Newspeak where a workd means one thing this morning and something else in the afternoon. It had long been the case that "gender" referred to the psycho/social component of sex roles As on LG put it "Sex is a matter of biology; gender is between the ears. which is where my tiara goes.That is why when I say a "Transgendered" "gemale" I kind of do a doubletake, It is also what separates us from sissies, transvestites and simple crossdressers or when I see "boys" often discussing dresses, I also do a double-take

My grandmother was thrilled at having grandsons because she always said that boys were easier to raise. But she always put girls and women up on a pedestal and made me learn to respect the opposite sex. That, for one of several reasons, is why I always thought that being a little girl had its perks. Little girls always seemed to get more attention and care--especially when picking out clothes. Such a variety! So many frills and pretty colors. Girls weren't expected to be tough, and they always seemed to be protected, even nowadays. I make my own little girl clothes based on designs found on the Internet, and it's great! Dresses and skirts feel so much more comfortable and less confining then men's clothes, but it would never go over at all if I went out in public dressed up like I do at home, in private.

To answer the original OP, I think part of being ABDL means a more gender-neutral outlook on clothing choice.

Babies are often dressed up in feminine clothing, male or not. Look at baby outfits, they are typically feminine in nature. Why? Mostly because women are the primary buyers of clothing for babies, and they want their baby to look "cute" -- this cuteness typically slants away from masculanity.

I personally would be much more agast at photos "leaking" out of me in a diaper. That is what would be more socially taboo, hence more personal embarassment. But that has nothing to do with how I view the two.

Guest vaarjas

being AB already transgresses far enough away from standard masculine expectations that it's not much of a leap from there to using feminine items? Or is it that coming to terms with one's own unusual (in society's eyes) desires for babyish apparel also makes one more open-minded about trying other things?

It's probably those two aspects, yeah, in my opinion.

And regarding the transgression of masculine expectations, it's not solely about the masculinity; masculinity is conflated with power, so an explicitly powerless masculine expression (like AB) is a transgression on par with a man expressing femininity. In my reading of the societal norms, anyway.

"Does anyone remember the mini skirts that looked like shorts in the back probably it was the 1990s? It was like a half skirt and pant legs in the back. They also had legs in the front, but had a large flap that covered them.

Those were called skorts. The name was also used to reference any skirt length'd short that billowy enough that you did not see the crotch. which. unfortunately is almost all shorts that males wear today. started by that TV basketball player that wanted airy balls on the court.

When it comes to tights, they were originally a male only item which have been worn since the medieval times. Up until even the 1960's it was frowned upon for most females to even wear pants. Thus they wore stockings with garter belts.

I actually find it fairly weird in today's that females can get away with wearing whatever they want and men are so restricted. Sure you won't catch me wearing capri pants or those long shorts like some of the guys I work with

Befor they where called skorts in the 1990's,in the 1970;s they where called culottes.I know all three of my sisters wore them.

Skorts have also been known as "scooters" - but for the most part a skort is shorts with an all around apron (skirt) cover.

What is nice for men wearing skorts is the length. Browsing the mens asile except for speedo type swimwear you just will

not find short shorts for men. Everything is the crotch hanging knee length crap. The average skort is about 14 inches in

length and allows plenty of free movement for all kinds of activities. Even better is the skorts with compression shorties

as underwear. Minimalist clothing with great support. Absolutely nothing immodest about the skort !

BabyLock

To answer the original OP, I think part of being ABDL means a more gender-neutral outlook on clothing choice.

Babies are often dressed up in feminine clothing, male or not. Look at baby outfits, they are typically feminine in nature. Why? Mostly because women are the primary buyers of clothing for babies, and they want their baby to look "cute" -- this cuteness typically slants away from masculanity.

I think that's more an artifact of pre-WWII babies being dressed in what was at the time seen as gender-neutral clothing, usually in white. Clothing trends shift and change over time and what is once considered masculine over time becomes feminine or visa versa. The really notable thing to me is the change in perceptions of light red or "pink". It was at one time a very masculine color. I have been told, although it was second hand information, that George Washington's favorite wig color was in fact pink. Red is still generally considered fairly masculine by most western cultures, it's just post WWII that for some reason lighter tints of red became separated out as somehow significantly different.

I'd have to probably give it some more thought and research but I think pink is the only case of where a different shade or tint of a color is perceived as being so different culturally. It's very weird if you think about it at all.