LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Have You Made Yourself Incontinent

Many members talk about making themselves incontinent, or a bedwetter, but I'd like to know how many have done it.

Who here has achieved their wish of becoming urinary incontinent or a diaper dependent bedwetter? How did you do it and how long did it take? Was it everything you wished for and how does it affect your daily life?

Take a gander at the pinned topic above (12-Month Program), and you'll find the source a lot of us have used/are using.

There's really no quick fix for achieving incontinence, aside from some extremely controversial surgeries that you'd have to be mad to even consider. The best approach is consistent practice over a long period of time that - slowly but surely - causes your sphincter muscles to become lazier and lazier. I've been on this program for going on three months, and I'm definitely noticing small changes in how my bladder feels before a voiding, often not even noticing it until it contracts. Still -- I wouldn't say I'm "incontinent" so much as "desensitized" to the anxiety of going whenever, wherever. I expect I'll experience other changes the longer I progress.

Everyone's body is different, so some will take to this training more quickly than others. The biggest obstacles to overcome, however, are any subconscious mental blocks or apprehensions you may have. Toilet training is a deeply-ingrained habit, and it's not easy to just "forget" these lessons on a subconscious level, even if you convince yourself consciously time-and-again.

For the record, the 12-Month program discusses everything I've said and much, MUCH more. I'd suggest you start there. SOME people (read: very few) have also had varied levels of success with hypnosis files (check out warpmymind.com), but - unless you're in the lucky 10-20% of the population that is naturally susceptible to hypnosis, they're unlikely to have any effect.

I was on the 12 month program for 4 months and wrote in great detail about what I was feeling physically and mentally and I also kept statistics on the diapers/day, leaks/per, rashes, costs, what to buy, what not to buy, etc. A lot of people who read it found my end month summaries to be useful.

After I stopped, I wore often for 5-6 months, and for the last 2-3 I've been back in diapers 24/7.

I'm at the point where 2-4 days out of the week I don't even notice when I'm wetting or I notice after I've started wetting. I'm not incontinent yet but that's the plan.

Plenty of people post that they have achieved the level of dependancy that they set out to achieve: many 24/7 wearers would not class themselves as truely incontinent but are happy knowing that they effectively "need" their diapers and therefore no longer have to justify their wearing of them.

What I think is more interesting is for those people to share what they feel about their status now that they have achieved it. Is is something that still gives them pleasure/satisfaction/security? Is it something they wish they had done earlier? Is it something they recommend to others?

No, but after wearing full time I wet more often in smaller amounts. No incontinence, not too worried about becomming incontinent either.

Funny thing about th incontinnce desires, I keep seeing people want to be incontinent like a baby, but babies aren't incontinent they just don't know where they are supposed to go.

No, but after wearing full time I wet more often in smaller amounts. No incontinence, not too worried about becomming incontinent either.

Funny thing about th incontinnce desires, I keep seeing people want to be incontinent like a baby, but babies aren't incontinent they just don't know where they are supposed to go.

This is an interesting observation about kids. Not only do they not know 'where' they should go, but they really can't do anything about it since they can't walk or communicate. Also, the first thing that happens when they are born is they are but into a diaper and wrapped in a blanket. So some of the first sensations they experience are those, until they first relieve themselves, then they have that as well.

At first I think it's an automatic response that they cannot control, since it's new and "those' parts of their bodies are new and havne never been used before, so it' literally a new sensation, which might be pleasing...or not for some, as some kids fuss and cry etc when wet or their diaper is full etc, and others just don't really care.

I use this observation with regards to potty training as well. all a 2 year old knows is wearing diapers and using them for their needs and when they need to go. So trying to change or modify this behavour is what potty training or 'learning' is really about. The trouble is parents get impatient and don't want to have to change or clean up the kid anymore and some kids are slow and don't get it, or don't see the advantages of waiting and using the bathroom instead of their pants.

Others learn quickly and move on to other things...to each his / her own *shrug*

Also this is the basis for "Elimination communication" or exposing extremely young children to the use of the bathroom and avoiding or limiting the use of diapers all together.

Anyways, the argument can go either way and to if children are born incontinent or not. I just view them as helpless and needing suport until they can do things and learn on their own. *shrug*

As for people WANTING to be incontinent, having been a D/L all my life and having to change and wear in long stretches and the hassle associated with it, it's definatly N*O*T something I would wish for myself or anyone else.

I was on the 12 month program for 4 months and wrote in great detail about what I was feeling physically and mentally and I also kept statistics on the diapers/day, leaks/per, rashes, costs, what to buy, what not to buy, etc. A lot of people who read it found my end month summaries to be useful.

After I stopped, I wore often for 5-6 months, and for the last 2-3 I've been back in diapers 24/7.

I'm at the point where 2-4 days out of the week I don't even notice when I'm wetting or I notice after I've started wetting. I'm not incontinent yet but that's the plan.

Wear have you post that? Should be nice to read it :)

• 10 months later...

Short answer is yes I have. I used catheters for 6 months whilst constantly consciously making sure I wasn't trying to clench my sphincter. I wore diapers the whole time as this was my eventual goal. It did take the whole 6 months to achieve but after I took out the final catheter I realised that I can't be without diapers as I constantly drip. If I really wanted to I could retrain my bladder it would probably take as long to retrain as it did to untrain if not longer. I'm happy being incontinent as it feels right for me, but beware if you go down this route and you do become incontinent and you decide you dont wsnt to anymore you may still have to wear diapers for a good few months whether you want to or not.

@YeOldeDiapers,

If you only wear at night, have you noticed any changes in your daytime patterns? Some posters who've headed down the 24/7 path report increasing daytime success over time while frustration over the lack of sleep-wettings.

Also, have you tried sleeping without the diapers recently to see whether this is primarily diaper conditioning? I've done two 30-night stretches wearing and allowing myself to use the diapers overnight (one of them as part of round the clock wear/use), and started having a handful of sleep-wettings both times. But when I stopped wearing, the sleep-wettings virtually stop (I have sleep-wettings on undiapered nights about 1-2 times/year). Since ending a 30-day/night stretch a month ago, my body has dutifully woken me up multiple times a night with the need to pee, but no sleep-wettings. It's probably diaper conditioning in my case, but your 6+ months is a lot longer than my 30 nights.

Coming up on a year 24/7 and honestly, although I feel more secure wearing, I believe I could stop tomorrow and the only reason I may have an accident is because I forgot I'm not wearing and just "use to going" and not that I'm truly physically incontinent.

Think about it, you are just wearing underwear, just ones that absorb. Wearing clothing will not make you incontinent. Something externally worn will not physically change your urinary system.

What changes will occur are primarily mental changes. Forgetting to hold it for example. Over time, frequent voiding will probably create a smaller bladder but that's been debatable too. You are still voiding and using those parts, like your sphincter muscle, more often in fact. I assume your bladder may shrink as stomachs shrink if dieting say but it won't be the size of a pee (the vegetable :) ). It also doesn't take long to restretch it though either. Think about people who have had catheters in for long periods like comma patients. They're often cathed the whole time and their bladder doesn't shrivel up and go away. Not using something doesn't mean it disappears. Function of it may require retraining but that's like building an arm muscle. With enough training, likely, you can regain control. My bladder, I feel it's smaller, but at times I'm not 100% convinced of that either even after a year of frequent voiding. The more liquid I take in, the easier it is to let go dozens of times in an hour but other times while busy and I don't think of voiding frequent, my bladder often fills until I sense it then I let go. Basically training myself to let go naturally, a mental thing. Again, consider the fact I'm still using all my muscles to do this, just my bladder doesn't fill. It's more a mental thing then anything for me. The only way to not use your sphincter muscles is catheters and over time they will be weak and if not retrained, I could see them being like a limp are muscle if you never moved your arm.

To more or less answer your question, there's no real quick and easy way to achieve incontinence. There just isn't. For some here who have done the 12 month program, it hasn't worked for everyone and often takes much more time and often people report it being reversible with some retraining which leads me partially to believe, they still have a wee bit :) of control and a lot of its mental.

I also agree, having children, they are not really incontinent as its not a constant drip, just fill and void because they mentally know no different than that. Potty training is really more about teaching them to recognize the signal of a full bladder and what we do with that. That includes them holding urine for a bit, just as an adult, until they are at the place to void. This method can also be used for adult who are retracing say after an injury or accident. Same concept really. As long as nothing has been physically injured, there's really no reason they should be able to retrain. Kids go years not knowing what to do with the signal they have to pee or know they should hold it. Sometimes 3, 4, 5 years and then train in days. I would say, you mentally need to get to the 2 year old state where you mental feel the urge to pee and then just let loose without thinking twice. Again, mental state. You will likely always feel the urge as your bladder won't go numb because you untrained.

My two cents.

There's really no quick fix for achieving incontinence, aside from some extremely controversial surgeries that you'd have to be mad to even consider. The best approach is consistent practice over a long period of time that - slowly but surely - causes your sphincter muscles to become lazier and lazier. I've been on this program for going on three months, and I'm definitely noticing small changes in how my bladder feels before a voiding, often not even noticing it until it contracts. Still -- I wouldn't say I'm "incontinent" so much as "desensitized" to the anxiety of going whenever, wherever. I expect I'll experience other changes the longer I progress.

Everyone's body is different, so some will take to this training more quickly than others. The biggest obstacles to overcome, however, are any subconscious mental blocks or apprehensions you may have. Toilet training is a deeply-ingrained habit, and it's not easy to just "forget" these lessons on a subconscious level, even if you convince yourself consciously time-and-again.

I'm at about 4 months of wearing every day. My goal isn't incontinence, and the incontinence episodes I do have are not urinary, but from laxatives i take to keep my guts comfortable reducing the available hold time and being far from a bathroom, with exercise bringing on bowel movements.

I'm perfectly happy with this level of incontinence; I don't need any more. A once or twice a week messy cleanup is enough.

Think about it, you are just wearing underwear, just ones that absorb. Wearing clothing will not make you incontinent. Something externally worn will not physically change your urinary system.
That's actually somewhat incorrect. I'm a sociologist, and in one field of study, there is Symbolic Interactionism. Without getting into too much mumbo jumbo, the basic principle is that we assign meaning to objects in our environment, based on how we interact with them. So, while there are different types of underwear, each has its own assigned meaning of how to interact with it. This also gets into semiotics. If you are wearing a diaper, recognize it as a diaper, and associate wetting and messing as something you do in diapers, then it's very possible that you can easily wet in a diaper while you can not as well in underwear. That being said, if you attribute wetting and messing as something you do in underwear too, then the same effect could occur. That's what is going on in the 12 month diaper program. You do reverse kegaling to encourage yourself to wet in just about anything. In other words, you are assigning the wetting interaction to everything you wear down there. Boxers? You wet these. Diapers? You wet these. Jeans, you wet these. But all this goes on subconsciously, obviously. This attribution doesn't cause physical changes, no, but it allows them to happen. Keep in mind that Symbolic Interactionism doesn't strictly apply to material objects, either. Anything that you can label applies here, such as the feeling of a full bladder. As you said, in potty training children learn to recognize a full bladder and what to do with it. Symbolic Interactionism. :)
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

As one who did the 12 month program and did indeed achieve sucess with it I have been reading here and wanted to throw in my 2 cents. When i started my journey i was already wearing 24/7 , i could wet in just about any position and i wore in public ( descreetly ) all the time. I also had some underlying issues, Enlarged prostrate