LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

We Are Being Watched

I thought you all might be interested to know that in an undergraduate abnormal psychology course I'm taking for my degree at UC Davis, my professor brought up the subject of paraphilic infantilism while talking about sexual fetishes, and she provided a link to Daily Diapers as research material for the class. I would assume she uses the same link in her lectures every quarter so make sure you're on your best behavior for our guests :P

They still teach AbPsych?

Is there a difference between paraphilic infantalism and straight-up infantalism?

I question the assumption that "fetish"=sexual. In Psych of Learning, the instructor told use about a 6-year-old boy who liked to play with himself in the presence of a lit candle. Also if you were ever a 16 year old boy in high school then you either were called on or saw someon called on to do a stand-up reading or recitation at "the worst possible moment". I have never seen anything in the literature about "thermosexuality" because the "worst possible moment" was caused by body heat and the fact that the organ involved is loaded with heat and touch sensitive nerve endings in just the right places. and the 6 year old boy was probably accidentally physically stimulated in the presence of a burning candle and took it from there. It is called "superstitious behavior", since the stimulus bears no ideational relation to the responsse, they just happened to occur in sequence in a very "touchy" system, in that case. In neither of these cases was there any material that would "give you ideas" It seems to me that a learning/stimulation model would have fewer assumptions, be more straightforward, be less complex and not rely on unobservable, but implied or inferred, "intra-psychic" processes, relies on well-understood, normal processes, and be more easily tested: All of which make it more robust. That is the one I go with. This means that fetishes probably are not a proper subject of Abnormal Psych since the Stimulus-Integration-Response system is very normal and it is a big world out there. I can almost put my finger on the origins of many of my girlish traits since they occurred after I turned 4 and I lived under unusual conditions brought about by a sever visual birth defect (caused by rubella) that goverend how I was treated and the relationship between the use of eyesight to the use of the other senses and how the way I use my eye developed. See my blog for a fuller explanation

Ehh that is pretty on par course with psych classes. It seems like every single one I've been in, fetishes are brought up at some point and ABDL has definitely been discussed more than once.

I think it's funny though that you revealed the name of your school. Any of the students in your class who decide to come here will see that post likely and know someone in their class is an ABDL. :P hope you never posted anything personally identifying on here...

• Like 1

How quaint... I honestly have to wonder what kind of studies they've done on fetishes like ours to understand it well enough to start bringing it up in an undergraduate course...

At the very least it's never come up in the psych classes I attend

We are being watched? I hope my rubber panties are not showing and that my tiara is on straight

I still believe that you can not properly write about something if you don't try it yourself. Who knows maybe a few of them will like this "fetish". Fetish is such an ugly word :whistling:

How quaint... I honestly have to wonder what kind of studies they've done on fetishes like ours to understand it well enough to start bringing it up in an undergraduate course...

At the very least it's never come up in the psych classes I attend

Fetishes came up in my AbPsych class in '73 but it did not even amount to two pages in the text nor even part of a lecture and infantilism was not a known item since there was no organized AB that I know of before Amber E in 1976

In case some of those students look here, let me propose something simple to help them understand ;)

Take society as a whole, now remove the percentage with ABDL tendendies....

Now remove the percentage with crossdressing tendencies....

And remove the percentage who have BSDM tendencies....

While you're at at remove the percentages into anal sex, who are GLBT, who have any kind of fixation on objects, who have any cognizance disorders, who have any mental illnesses, who enjoy childish things like stuffed animals, people who hunt or fish for other than sustenance, people who jump out of perfectly operating airplanes, people who use any from of mind altering drugs including alcohol, people who willingly and knowingly break laws including traffic laws, in short remove any people who knowingly do anything not necessary for human survival that includes any other person from the whole....

Now that you have eliminated those who are not "normal", you have a very small group your teacher wants you to believe are "normal", even though this type of person is but a small minority among the vastly larger whole :o Do you see something remiss here? I do! The basic premise of what everything you are studying is faulty, thus all other premises built on that are at best suspect. In fact many of them are bound to be wrong :(

As much as I detest the word, I am normal as are most of the people on this website. So are all those I noted above. The abnormal are the minority who do not allow themselves to enjoy something simply because they enjoy it- the people who for no legitimate reason withhold themselves from trying something unusual just because they are worried what someone else may think of them for doing that....

If you really want to know what goes on in people's minds, you must first understand yourself, because your perception is altered by your own self, and until you are normal you will not see clearly. Remove your inhibitions, accept the wide diversity of humanity, and do what you like just because you like to without worrying about why you like it.

And just because it's fun and can't harm anyone, when your Psych class next begins give the teacher a raspberry and laugh your butt off afterward. If they do not see the merit of enjoying yourself just because you can and then laugh with you, then perhaps they are abnormal. It's something to think about, isn't it?

Bettypooh

• Like 1

Where did you get the idea that persons who hunt and fish for other than survival and those who do things for other than survival are not normal? that does not even hold up statistically.Then lumping them in with persons who have real disorders. I do not get it

Where did you get the idea that persons who hunt and fish for other than survival and those who do things for other than survival are not normal? that does not even hold up statistically.Then lumping them in with persons who have real disorders. I do not get it

It is to point out that anyone who does something they don't need to just because they want to do it IS normal. Those specific examples were intended to jog the brains of those who think paying someone to do their animal-killing and meat-chopping for them makes them less of a killer. And also for those who can't understand that you kill vegetables to eat them which is essentially worse, since those poor veggies can't try to run away and escape us murdering humans who want to eat them :o

Just a stark reality, dearie, same as us not being abnormal! :roflmao:

Bettypooh

Your remark about killing vegetables to eat them was esceedingly on target. the attribute of life is not a question of which Kingdom or Phylum save only dealing with things like viruses. A vegetable is alive but not as advanced, as anything else. Now, to be sure there is a "food chain" and an "evolutionary scale" but the lower are not less alive. That is like being less pregnant. You either is or you isn't. To say that a cow is more alive than a head of cabbage is absurd

In case some of those students look here, let me propose something simple to help them understand ;)

Take society as a whole, now remove the percentage with ABDL tendendies....

While you're at at remove the percentages into anal sex, who are GLBT, who have any kind of fixation on objects, who have any cognizance disorders, who have any mental illnesses, who enjoy childish things like stuffed animals, people who hunt or fish for other than sustenance, people who jump out of perfectly operating airplanes, people who use any from of mind altering drugs including alcohol, people who willingly and knowingly break laws including traffic laws, in short remove any people who knowingly do anything not necessary for human survival that includes any other person from the whole....

Now that you have eliminated those who are not "normal", you have a very small group your teacher wants you to believe are "normal", even though this type of person is but a small minority among the vastly larger whole :o Do you see something remiss here? I do! The basic premise of what everything you are studying is faulty, thus all other premises built on that are at best suspect. In fact many of them are bound to be wrong :(

Bettypooh

Add to this list:

- Those with oral fixations for stress management (chewing gum)

- Insomniacs

- People who eat paper

- People who have conversations with themselves and end up learning a lot from it

- People who like bizarre snacks (Peanut butter and banana bacon jelly sugar melted cheese pasta orange ketchup garlic salt spinach sandwich? Yes please!)

- Academics who read books stylistically instead of thematically or didactically

- People who speak languages perceived as 'dead' (Gallic coming straight to mind, Gaeilge slightly less so)

- People who look like they would waiting for a light to change as you talk to them, but are actually really interested

- People who haven't had sex but look just like those who've had sex eight times this week because they're equally happy and well-adjusted

- People who like drinking games

- People who like anime

- People who like video games

- People who consider planking a sport

- People who communicate over long distances with physical letters.

- People who study philosophy just for the fun of it

- People who go to the toilet while waiting for something, simply to give themselves something to do in the meantime

Nobody is 'normal'. Show me someone who's 'normal' and I'll eat my Peanut butter and banana bacon jelly sugar melted cheese pasta orange ketchup garlic salt spinach sandwich.

Well here is my two cents worth.I know that there are a bunch of us that started wearing diapers and the sexual aspect of it never came into it.So to any of the guests that read all these posts I got to say this,;not all diaper wearing is a sexual.

Bettypooh,

"Take society as a whole, now remove the percentage with ABDL tendendies....

While you're at at remove the percentages into anal sex, who are GLBT, who have any kind of fixation on objects, who have any cognizance disorders, who have any mental illnesses, who enjoy childish things like stuffed animals, people who hunt or fish for other than sustenance, people who jump out of perfectly operating airplanes, people who use any from of mind altering drugs including alcohol, people who willingly and knowingly break laws including traffic laws, in short remove any people who knowingly do anything not necessary for human survival that includes any other person from the whole...."

you 'removed' me THREE times in the first THREE removals!! How does that figure??

hey, this is all a very interesting thread. Frankly I'm glad to hear that we are being watched and talked about - in classrooms, where hopefully there will be at least shreds of objectivity amidst the gasping horror of some narrow minds who see themselves as 'normal'...but not us...

oh...ForbiddenFruit, you came close on several, but no direct hits. Trouble sleeping, took 4 years of Latin in HS, oral fixation (paci)... point still well taken!

Abnormal Psychology is an offensive term, not just because of its inclusion of virtually everything not defined by 1950s society (plus homosexuality which was grudgingly removed), but because few behaviours are intrinsically abnormal. 'Normal' is primarily a relative term, thus rendering it virtually worthless in a therapeutic context. The same people that declare diapers 'abnormal', wear their wives underwear, get spankings and other have other 'atypical' behaviours. Or is is treally atypical? Spanking is the number one sexual fantasy for men, so is that 'normal'? Is normality defined by the number of adherents? In that case true 'complete honesty' is abnormal because so few practise it.

Psychology has a long long way to go in its classifications of behaviour. Even the term Paraphilic Infantilism is appalling:. the latest DSM defines 'paraphilia' as:

“recurrent and intense sexual urges or sexually arousing fantasy generally involving either objects, suffering or humiliation, children, or other non-consenting partners.

abnormal is only offensive if you feel you are the one being labeled as abnormal and also feel this is insulting .... i am abnormal and atypical neirologically i am not insulted .... people say they want paychology to be more concrete like a science bu then complain when it uses scientific terms .... cant habe it both ways .... personally i dont find 'abnormal' an insult at all .... it is simply the opposite of 'normal' and since the 'cool' thing nowadays is to be different (just like everybody else) than for many being called abnormal would be a compliment