LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Recent Epiphany: Dry Diapers = Underrated

I know this is a really insipid observation, but I've only recently learned how much I love changing into a dry diaper.

Allow me to explain:

Up until late January, I was only a recreational wearer, and I've since transitioned to 24/7 use. This is something I've been contemplating for years, and after much vacillating, financial and mental preparation, and pride swallowing, I decided to take the plunge. After nearly two months, I have no regrets. In fact, I'm kicking myself for not having embarked on this sooner. It's definitely a big adjustment, but it's also an extremely managable one if you're properly prepared and more than a little humble.

As a long-time DL, my routine used to consist of completely soaking a diaper, "taking care of business", and then discarding until the next time the urge struck. While I still enjoy the sensation of wetting and waddling now, the realities of 24/7 use have led me to a somewhat unexpected conclusion: Dry diapers are SO underrated.

In wearing full-time, it's accepted that - more often than not - you'll spend most of that time in a continuum of wetness. Even in premium diapers (Bambino, Dry 24/7, etc.), you eventually hit a "moisture wall" where the discomfort of clamminess or skin irritation trumps the other positive sensations. I've found that the physical relief that comes from changing, drying, and powdering after a lengthy session in a wet diaper is nearly as intensely positive as any sexual release I ever achieved before the 24/7 transition.

It's this observation, among many others, that reaffirms to me that - at least for now - this was the right decision.

How about you folks? Do you prefer wet, dry, or some combination thereof?

Underwear was designed to be dry- NOT diapers :lol: I prefer wet diapers any day; dry ones hold no appeal to me. At work I do try to stay dry but only to eliminate the need to change at work (pull-ups and toilet usage at work for me). Even there I am likely to be at least a little wet, the way I prefer. I can do that and still last the workday :) My main joy in changing is in knowing that I used my diaper as intended and usually to capacity, just as I will the new one ;)

Bettypooh

• Like 1

Underwear was designed to be dry- NOT diapers :lol:

Bettypooh

Oh, don't get me wrong -- they don't stay dry for long! Not to mention, in trying to stretch my dollar as far as possible, I've become a lot more economical with how I use them. The fewer changes, the better, so I'm definitely putting them through their paces! :whistling:

I think I've just discovered a new-found appreciation for the relief a dry diaper brings -- even if it's only for a fleeting moment of time... :thumbsup:

I'm right there with you PaddedPat. There are so many great sensations that are associated with dry diapers that I really enjoy. Using a nice brand of baby powder and having the scent linger around without being mixed with anything else is absolute heaven for me lately....

Being changed from a wet diaper into a fresh one is also an experience every ab/dl should have as well....and on a regular basis :)

I prefer a dry diaper compared to a wet one even if it is for a fleeting moment of time as you say, but that is just me. I don't find skin irritation comfortable. At least with Bambino's, for me they allow at least 2 wettings before the need for a change so I feel as if I get my monies worth. :thumbsup:

I too like the feel of a fresh new diaper. Of course they don't stay that way for long. Part of it has to do with I know its not going to leak any time soon, whenever I use one I always get paranoid that it might leak, so a dry diaper is great.

Being changed from a wet diaper into a fresh one is also an experience every ab/dl should have as well....and on a regular basis :)

I assume you're referring to a willing, external participant here, to which I can only reply: "Lucky sumbitch... :glare: "

It's on my bucket list, but playing the field as a 35-yo DL ain't easy, chum. :thumbsup:

Being incontinent means always being wet sometimes mere minuets after a diaper change and one time in the middle of a change.... being a DL means enjoying it (sometimes) , BUT after a few hours when the wet diaper comes off and the fresh air comes in than a soft dry diaper goes on is a very NIce sensation,

like you said after a few hours its really nice to be dry again... if only for a little while ;)

• 2 weeks later...

After hours in soggy cloth dispers it truly does feel wonderful to get changed into fresh, soft, thick, snug and dry diapers, especially knowing that soon that familiar warm wetness will once again begin to spread through them reminding me thatbi really do belong in diapers.

I like them thick and dry or soaked. The feeling of a huge wet hanging between yer legs and only wetting more knowing itll hold...nice. Sometimes I poop, but Im not big on sitting in it, and I try to shower it off soon after.... Ive been 24/7 for a few weeks now and Im lovin it...

I too like a dry diaper but it doesn't last long as I dribble all of the time even when changing, so a dry diaper feeling is something that lasts for about an hour or two.

I change when I get up in the morning and that diaper lasts me all day usually, until I get home and then I change again at about 4, then I change again about 11 just before bed. 3 diapers a day usually does me, so in any one day I'm dry for about 6 hours maximum.

Gotta agree.

I also find that using the hand-held shower with VERY hot water (not injury-inducing but hotter than is comfortable normally) on the skin of my butt cheeks and across my hips where the diaper was in contact can be almost orgasmic. Sometimes, it just feels hot and painful, but other times the hot water hits the right nerves and OMG it feels wonderful. It almost always feels good after a long time in wet diapers.

Considering diapers (of all shapes and sizes) were designed to be pooped and peed in, you can't really blame people for desiring to use them for that. It's what they were made for.

• Like 1