LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

You Are All Indeed A Remarkable And Wonderful Lot!

When I first ventured into DD I was an outsider. I don't wear diapers and I am not an Adult Baby. I expected my research to be perfunctory and short-lived. But I was more than surprised and pleasantly so.

I found the majority of posters and chatters to be truly remarkable and wonderful people. Highly intelligent, well-read and helpful people, I found myself returning time and time again - not just to garner more information for my book, but to reconnect with people I was increasingly considering to be 'friends'. I have always wanted to understand peoples inner drives, motivations and needs and in particular, to help adult babies because I live with one.

I don't know quite what I expected, but I was overwhelmed by just how energetic and wonderful you are as a group.

I still dont wear diapers (I have experimented though as part of research!) and I am still not an adult baby or diaper lover. But I do now consider myself part of this community.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for accepting me and for some in particular who have helped me enormously. I consider all of you to be, my friends.

Rosalie

I would never have guessed that your exposure to our community was so limited prior to coming here for the research. You're an asset to our community, and I love how your writing is respectful and non-judgmental (your husband is a very lucky man). I've said this to you before, but you book has given me a greater understanding of my own life as a 'little'.

i am a bit concerned, did you conduct research on this board without our permission? was that part of the user agreement? what we could be used as research? This truely does bother me as someone who has done much research, both empirical and literature review, to think i was part of research against my knowledge which was then published..... i mean, the OP joined 5 months ago, and with 48 posts has written an entire book full of 'research'... is this from here? where was this research collected?

I mean I am very impressed you were able to write a book, and glad this site helped you... but still.. it is concerning that my posts were published as research without my knowledge... but as I said... if this is part of the agreement i clicked 'ok' to when i joined... thats a bit different, but still.. it would have been nice to have been informed prior to publication out posts were going to be used in research.....

i am a bit concerned, did you conduct research on this board without our permission? was that part of the user agreement? what we could be used as research? This truely does bother me as someone who has done much research, both empirical and literature review, to think i was part of research against my knowledge which was then published..... i mean, the OP joined 5 months ago, and with 48 posts has written an entire book full of 'research'... is this from here? where was this research collected?

I mean I am very impressed you were able to write a book, and glad this site helped you... but still.. it is concerning that my posts were published as research without my knowledge... but as I said... if this is part of the agreement i clicked 'ok' to when i joined... thats a bit different, but still.. it would have been nice to have been informed prior to publication out posts were going to be used in research.....

Sarah, calm down. I presume you were smart enough not to use your real name. No one will figure out your true identity, stop worrying!

• Like 1

Welcome to our community and I hope that you continue to interact with us. It makes me happy to have a nonABDL be so accepting of my lifestyle and wanting to learn more. I feel like a 600 page book on the subject still in the first chapter of u derstanding and self acceptance. I have lots of feelings on this subject and continue to struggle with my identify, although I am finally at peace with it. It is refreshing to know you are here among us. I would be happy to discuss my past, present and future ABDL experiences anytime.

the point is not people finding out who i am .... my point is that it is considered highly unethical to use people for research without their consent and thefact that someone was here reading our posts then using our experiences for their research to publish makes me concerned this person does not understand this ..... and also this is a fantasy world and many people pretend to be something and someone they are not .... and do so for years and very convincingly .... for years .... maybe the op is using the word research incorrectly but waht i am seeig is someone who has been a member for 6 months came here and did research on us then wrote a book without our consent....

so if there were something in the user agreement that stated people could do research here and by clicking agree we all consent to it then fine .... so i am asking if there is that clause?

or is the word research being used differently?

the point is not people finding out who i am .... my point is that it is considered highly unethical to use people for research without their consent and thefact that someone was here reading our posts then using our experiences for their research to publish makes me concerned this person does not understand this ..... and also this is a fantasy world and many people pretend to be something and someone they are not .... and do so for years and very convincingly .... for years .... maybe the op is using the word research incorrectly but waht i am seeig is someone who has been a member for 6 months came here and did research on us then wrote a book without our consent....

so if there were something in the user agreement that stated people could do research here and by clicking agree we all consent to it then fine .... so i am asking if there is that clause?

Don't get too concerned sarah. Every single quote or case history in my book was printed with the express written permission of the person concerned. every bit of information gathered was anonymised. as for research, there is nothing unethical about reading public information (such as the entire internet) and using it as the basis for a research project. Some people do seem to forget that when you type a post into a public forum like this then your right to privacy (or copyright) is essentially non-existent.

In any case, my book paints adult babies in a generally positive light, so there has certainly been no harm done. In fact, quite the contrary. If you want to see 'harm done', then just look at the media reports on adult babies (who btw read sites like this) and see how they are grossly misrepresented.

I was hardly UNinformed about adult babies before I got here. I did however use my time here to solidify some beliefs and modify others.

In short, others WILL (and probably already have) used this site for information and research. Very few will be as positive or as accurate as me.

oh and btw... i am FULLY cognizant of the 'fantasy' issue. I do not take what I read necessarily as truthful. Some is obviously fantasy and some is questionable. But I have engaged in conversations with everyone I have quoted. Determining fantasy vs truth is generally not that hard over a few conversations.

that is ok as i said i was concerned about the use of the term research and the way things were phrased it seemed to me as if we were all part of some 'research'

i know everything online can be gathered but most people dont then go and say oh by the way i was doin research on you after the fact

i was just looking for some clarifying information that you provided

Rosalie - I have enjoyed chatting with you a couple of times, and feel that it is us who should be thanking you. It is amazing what an open mind can do!

Hope you stay around, as you add a great perspective to all of this, at least for me.

Rosalie,

You have given so much more back to this community than you taken through your research and all of that was consistent with the goals of most of the people here - acceptance. I respect you for accepting your AB and thank you for sharing your perspective. As the partner of an AB, you are a member of this community IHMO.

Mahalo nui loa,

Honu