LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I guess this belongs in the tech area: It certainly does not belong in Cloth Diapers and Panties

I just got the new machine I was talking about. An Acer i7 Quad Core. 4 GB RAM 1 TB hard drive partitioned into two 459 GB parts. Windows 7 Pro

I will be looking to put a high performance sound card, probably a Creative Labs, and a high performance video card in as I plan to go big in those areas

What about you?

My new Box has:

Intel i7 3.4GHZ Quad-core (overclocked to 3.9)

16GB Ram

120GB SSD Boot Drive

1TB Data Drive

On-board HD Audio

EVGA 2GB Nvidia GTX550 ti Graphics

Blu-Ray Writer / DVD Writer

700w power Supply (for future upgradeablity)

I am really glad I went with the Sold State Drive. Got an OCZ Vertex 3 and it goes from Off to fully booted and ready to work in 18 seconds. Took my Windows Experience score from 5.9 to 7.3

Oh, and it's purdy!

post-1-0-93330300-1328370389_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'm still holding out for the sextuple core Ix, with the 128 channel surround :P

In all seriousness what game are you guys playing? I don't mean the "How big is yours thing?" I mean what PC game or applications actually use this.

I must be getting old :(

I know the newer i7 chips are a quad core but don't they run like 8 processors or something like that. As far as games (which I don't play) I have heard that BF3 is pretty graphics and processor intensive. I myself need a highend processor for encoding movies and such. Memory is not such a issue as I don't multitask much and my programs don't require anything over the 3 gig I have installed. I would like to kick my hard drive up to a 7200rpm though in my lappy. :)

Not to hijack the thread but I noticed a Hybird drive at 7200rpm would this be a better step up, price seems reasonable?. They are quoting up to 50% increase of boot and up to 95% of a SSD drive. Factoring in my old drive is 5400 rpm and only 160 Gig, for $125 I can have .5 Terra in a hybird drive.. You can pm me so as not to Hijack this thread.

Mostly play Warcraft, but usually while also running stuff in the backgroun.

Plus when i do DD updates I have about a half dozen programs open at the same time.

In truth, this box is more than I "need" but that's the point, it's future proof for at least the nextyear or two.

Yes, it's 4 cores, 8 processes.

The Hybrid drives do look good, didn't even think of them as I got a hell of a deal on the SSD.

I know the newer i7 chips are a quad core but don't they run like 8 processors or something like that. As far as games (which I don't play) I have heard that BF3 is pretty graphics and processor intensive. I myself need a highend processor for encoding movies and such. Memory is not such a issue as I don't multitask much and my programs don't require anything over the 3 gig I have installed. I would like to kick my hard drive up to a 7200rpm though in my lappy. :)

Not to hijack the thread but I noticed a Hybird drive at 7200rpm would this be a better step up, price seems reasonable?. They are quoting up to 50% increase of boot and up to 95% of a SSD drive. Factoring in my old drive is 5400 rpm and only 160 Gig, for $125 I can have .5 Terra in a hybird drive.. You can pm me so as not to Hijack this thread.

As the OP; No hijack here. let it go where it will

....Intel i7 3.4GHZ Quad-core (overclocked to 3.9)....

You mean they still overclock? :o I'd have thought by now they would have already gotten the speeds to be as fast as possible without one having to do anything. I remember when this was de-riguer for any PC :lol: Maybe I'm not as out-of-date as I thought :roflmao:

Bettypooh

I go to some gaming forums threads and see That overclocking is actually very normal for both Processors and even memory as well. Something that seems a bit outta my realm for now. As it depends on your system to either allow it or not. To me it seems to be pushing the limits of components. When I am encoding video my processor is running at 100% for over a hour and I run a twin fan cool pad on it, I also have internal monitors and software watching core temps and drive temps, if you don't have it it's a cool free program called: Speedfan, you can use it to monitor system goings ons and override fan speeds and such. :thumbsup:

I've never been a big overclocker, just buy fast equipment to start with, but the buidler was offering 10% overclocking and upgraded cooling free, so what the heck :)

Made a small upgrade today: There is a USM hot-swap bay in this box, so I bought a USM-certified Seagate external drive and am using that for complete system backups of the main drive since this is my fist SSD main drive and I don't fully trust it yet. lol. There are also 2 hot-swap bays on top of the box, but I think I have enough storage for now (120 main, 1tb data, 500gb backup)

Added 4 more USB ports in the PCI x1 slot since EVERYTHING plugs into usb these days.

Mainboard has one x16 and 3 old-school PCI slots open on it... wondering what i can use them for.

Main tower: built for gaming and video production

Win7 pro

amd fx8150 8core 4.2gbz oc

16gb of ram

320gb,500gb 750gb

2x nvidia gtx 470 (dell2407 monitor 24")

8600gtx (22" acer monitor)

USB 3 Card Reader

server: runs exchage 2010, 2 minecrafr server

server2008r2 ent

2x intel xeon x6580 3.33 6core with ht( 12threads per cpu)

48GB or ram

500gb os/app drive

4.2tb raid 5 for storage

mobil editing station:

win 7 pro

and phenon2x4 955 3.5ghz quadcore

16gb of ram

nvidia gts 250

80gb ssd(os)

150gb 10,000rpm hdd(applocation)

2x 2tb for storage

I have no idea how big mine is as a friend built and maintains it along with my laptop. :thumbsup:

I'm computer and technology inept, but one thing he did on the desktop was to install a second hard drive for all my data. It's set so only reloadable programs are on #1 and all saved stuff automatically goes to #2. Supposedly, if a virus etc attacks, it will only corrupt the main drive, leaving my data safe. I haven't had an attack that I know of and so far everything works well. :whistling:

I have no idea how big mine is as a friend built and maintains it along with my laptop. :thumbsup:

I'm computer and technology inept, but one thing he did on the desktop was to install a second hard drive for all my data. It's set so only reloadable programs are on #1 and all saved stuff automatically goes to #2. Supposedly, if a virus etc attacks, it will only corrupt the main drive, leaving my data safe. I haven't had an attack that I know of and so far everything works well. :whistling:

That's what I have done on this one too/ The super fast SSD runs all the profgrams. All the photos, music, etc are stored on the standard drive. And the hot swap backs up both just in case.

• 2 weeks later...

My machine is not quite as spectacular, though it's only a bit shy. In reply to what games use lots of resources: Paradox strategy games like hearts of iron 3 vicky or my favourite europa universalis could defenately use more resources though it's not necessary

I figure since I got a high-end machine, Acer i7 Quad, 4GB RAM and Windows 7 Pro I should stoke it up with good things

I just pickup up a good quality sound card, the Creative Labs 70SB124000001 Sound Blaster X-Fi HD USB on ebay. It hasl among other things an ASIO driver, 1/4 guitar, mic and phone jacks in and out RCA jacks and a phono amp for direct recording and recording and cleanup software. I will soon be looking for a decent video card.

Media Players are Windoes Media Player, MediaMonkey (into which I put a permanant version of lame_enc that terns WAV into mp3, to replace the temorary one that dies after 30 days), QuickTime, which I need ot make FireFkox work right and VLC_Player AlsoI have beffed things up with a K_Lite Codecs package and I have me SanDisk Connect and Fuze USB' software up. I will soon plug in my Epsom Scanner/pdf maker

I have also got DVEVideosflt's FreeStudio, which must be seen to be believed, IrfanView and LVIEWPRO. I then took a trip to

http://www.techsuppo...om/view/popular

Where I loaded up with Audacity, KRISTAL, Wavosaur and Linux Multi Media Studio..To work with mp3's I got MP3Gain, MediaMonkey, to level volumes and MP3Tag (to replace my beloved AudioShell which lets you write MP3 ID3 tags in Properties since AS will not work in Windows 7 [sob])

Then I got Adevidmux video making program

For my photo and image work I got a version of XP Paint that works in Wkndows 7, since the "ribbon" in the Win7 version is driving me crazy, UnFreeze GIF animator (to replace my GIFAnimator that will not work). Pixia and Howler (the free version of Project Dogwaffle): one of thses has a magic wand but so far, I have not been able to turn anything into a frog withit: WWWAAHHH!. Also I have OpenOffice which has what appears to be vector graphics program

For tools and utilities Ihave the above mentione OpenOffice, WinRAR file compresser/archiver and a desktop shortcut to the calculator. I have a wireless router to my old machine and a remote desktop to it, also, avast!security

And I am just starting

I alos have my sights set on a laptop of some kind and a Genisys Pro music workstation which retails for $3100 new, used on ebay for $2000 but I can get in 100% working order for $450. It has a full bore computer system in it with an owner's manual that I have that must be 400 pages spiral bound: WAV sampler, Mp3 setup, CD-ROM and floppy Disk plus an over-the-top synthesizer that treats the WAV samples like oscillators and a mandolin

• 3 weeks later...

I got a Sound Blaster USB sound card. I was going to put in an NVIDIA GeForce video card but my tech told me that my Intel ExtremeGraphics is as good as anything going. so ti looks like I'm set to go semi-pro in certain areas, notably audio (Audacity, KRISTAL, Wavosaur and Linux Multi Media System the interface to which looks like a rack of modules)

Still I wonder if there is any usuable software called "Tiara" Also what the world could use is a security suite called "Rubber Panties"

• 3 weeks later...

I have been feeding the kitty: New additions:

Creative Labs USB Sound Blaster externally mounted sound card and the software

Wacom Bamboo Create pen and touch USB Graphics Tablet

On the agenda

The full implementation of the Creative labs "Audio Toolbar"

a USB audio interface

I was going to go for a GeForce graphics card but my tech told me that the Intel ExtremeGraphics chipset was as good ans any

In addition to the DVDVideosft Free Studio I have specialized software

Art and phot software

Artweaver

Autodesk Sketch Book

Poject Dogwaffle Howler 7 Demo

Pixia

Pherha

IrfanView with all plugins

LVIEWPRO

Paint XP for Windows 7

Also not yet installed Photoshop Elements 9 and Corel Painter Essentials (an older version) bogth came with the graphics tablet (one of which I have been interested in for 25 years)

One of the embarrassing things is that some of these havea "magic wand" and I can NOT figure out how to use it. I appreach it gingerly; if it is a magic wand, one mistake and I could turn something or someone into a frog and cannot figure out which something or someone

Audio record and edit

Audcity

KRISTAL

MP3Gain

MP3Tag

MediaMonkey

Creative Smart Record

Creative CTWave editor

Video

Avidimux Video Maker

Aone vidoe Splietter

Aone Video Joiner

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to go for a GeForce graphics card but my tech told me that the Intel ExtremeGraphics chipset was as good ans any

not even remotely. Any onboard graphics will suck next to a seperate graphics. But if all you're doing is graphic editing, then you don't need an upgrade. If you play games, then yes, get an nvidia card. Intel EG is extremly bad for gaming, but more then sufficient for win7 areo

my system:

Win7 Pro 64-bit

i7 920 @ 2.8 (used to be 4, but had power problems)

Asus P6T Deluxe V2

12G ddr3 1600

2X XFX GTX 285 factor OC

2X 300G velociraptors raid 1 (OS)

2x 500G Re3's raid 1 (games)

onboard sound (had creative f1taility titanium, died)

Corsair 850tx

microsoft laser mouse 5000 (wish I could find more of these)

the pics are old, as I no longer have the blue swap bay by itself

Server (downloads, archived file, media storage for video editing, public samba share for tools for fixing other computers):

Dell Poweredge 1800

2GB DDR2 3200 ECC REG

2x Intel Xeon 3.00GHZ chips /w HT enabled

2x WD 1TB Black (raid 1)

Ubuntu 10 server 64 bit

gigabit lan

EXT3 compression allows me to xfer 120+ MBPS

Third pictures is of my ATX power connector. The extreme draw of power of the 2x GTX 285's burned out my 12v1 rails. I have to keep the oxidation off the power connector or it will get so hot and corroded the draw from the 285's will cause an increase due to resistance that lowers the voltage. Such a draw that it kicks my PSU's overcurrent protection

post-15079-0-54200500-1335785269_thumb.j

post-15079-0-71856800-1335785290_thumb.j

post-15079-0-59482500-1335785317_thumb.j

post-15079-0-54200500-1335785269_thumb.j

post-15079-0-71856800-1335785290_thumb.j

post-15079-0-59482500-1335785317_thumb.j

• 2 months later...

Not to be Little Miss Stucko-Up; but a new toy is coming my way on Tuesday: An Acer Iconia A700 tab

10.1" LCD screen: How about that, they named it after me: Little Christine Daryleanne

Nvidia Tegra 3 quad core 1.3 GHz

Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich; French Vanilla, I hope

1 GB DRAM, 32 GB internal storage and provisions for a 64 GB card

Are you wet, yet. I will be

802 11 b/g/m Wi-Fi. That is a silly questio: "Wi Fi?" because it is much faster than dwiving or taking the twain

Bluetooth 2.1 (I will have to ask Tooth Fairy about what that does but it sounds painful)

There seems to be something wrong, though, they do not say anything about a tiara or even a tiara holder. Not even a Telepathic Interface Array Reactive Antenna (How primitive. If there is no keyboard, how is a girl to input data? I guess I shall have to give it the finger)