LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why I Wear Diapers

Please let me take a moment to educate newer members about this particular forum :) This one is designed for incontinence support and topics relating to that only. It is not for ABDL topics from the non- incontinent. We exercise tighter moderation here than on the other forums in respect to those whose wearing is not by choice. Please tread lightly here and post in the appropriate forum based on the topic ;) I would also recommend digging through this forum for answers before posting, as this topic has been posted many times in the past.

My own slight incontinance is a mix of SI and UI, likely caused by some nerve malfunction since they could not find a cause in my childhood years. I have also developed (or maybe always had) OAB to go with it, as I urinate very frequently. It's variable with me- I have dry days sometimes, usually leak somewhat through the day, and rarely my bladder goes nuts with my bladder control unreliable and/or delayed in effect. I also have some injury to my lower back in the area of my pudenal nerve which is deteriorating. That is expected to worsen greatly and rapidly at best, and possibly leave me paralyzed should I injure what is left of it in the wrong way. It's just life, so I keep on living and try to be as happy as I can :)

Bettypooh

Please let me take a moment to educate newer members about this particular forum :) This one is designed for incontinence support and topics relating to that only. It is not for ABDL topics from the non- incontinent. We exercise tighter moderation here than on the other forums in respect to those whose wearing is not by choice. Please tread lightly here and post in the appropriate forum based on the topic ;) I would also recommend digging through this forum for answers before posting, as this topic has been posted many times in the past.

My own slight incontinance is a mix of SI and UI, likely caused by some nerve malfunction since they could not find a cause in my childhood years. I have also developed (or maybe always had) OAB to go with it, as I urinate very frequently. It's variable with me- I have dry days sometimes, usually leak somewhat through the day, and rarely my bladder goes nuts with my bladder control unreliable and/or delayed in effect. I also have some injury to my lower back in the area of my pudenal nerve which is deteriorating. That is expected to worsen greatly and rapidly at best, and possibly leave me paralyzed should I injure what is left of it in the wrong way. It's just life, so I keep on living and try to be as happy as I can :)

Bettypooh

Bettypooh

in case you were wondering i am medically incontinent my Charcot-Marie-Tooth caused my scoliosis which in return caused a pelvic disc to slip out of place causing not only past but ongoing sacral nerve damage causing incontinence, i also have aspergers syndrome a form of autism caused by organic brain disorder which means that part of my brain that sends signals to my bladder to work right does not function correctly. i myself am incontinent 24/7 and i use diapers 24/7 for this reason.

also at some point my Charcot - Marie - Tooth is suppose to progress to were i am wearing diapers for fecal incontinence.

by postiing what i posted i was trying to discuss incontinence with others i am sorry if it offended anyone, i was only trying to start a conversation topic on incontinence

hey Chris You are not alone I have Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy and Hereditary Neuralgic Amyotrophy among a gizzilion other things and due to Degenerative Disc and Joint Disease combined with an enlarged prostate and OAB the nerves got taken out when my Lumbar spine collapsed so now i'm incontinent from nerve damage as well as functional incontinent (not enough time to get to the bathroom transfer from wheelchair lose my close and go ) so i am diapered all the time plus i cath on a regular schedule 3 X's a day because my bladder holds a lot of urine even after voiding it will still have a residual of as much as 1200ML in it. i'm in a power chair during the day and have a full electric hospital bed at night with an anti shear anti pressure sore mattress at night.

and the absolute worst times for my bladder are going out in the cold from a warm environment i could have voided 30 seconds before going out yet my bladder finds urine somewhere and i wet a clean fresh diaper every time!

don't worry about your post it was perfectly appropriate right here where it is!!!

Nappy

• Like 1

hey Chris You are not alone I have Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy and Hereditary Neuralgic Amyotrophy among a gizzilion other things and due to Degenerative Disc and Joint Disease combined with an enlarged prostate and OAB the nerves got taken out when my Lumbar spine collapsed so now i'm incontinent from nerve damage as well as functional incontinent (not enough time to get to the bathroom transfer from wheelchair lose my close and go ) so i am diapered all the time plus i cath on a regular schedule 3 X's a day because my bladder holds a lot of urine even after voiding it will still have a residual of as much as 1200ML in it. i'm in a power chair during the day and have a full electric hospital bed at night with an anti shear anti pressure sore mattress at night.

and the absolute worst times for my bladder are going out in the cold from a warm environment i could have voided 30 seconds before going out yet my bladder finds urine somewhere and i wet a clean fresh diaper every time!

don't worry about your post it was perfectly appropriate right here where it is!!!

Nappy

thanks i feel better
  • 2 weeks later...

I have bladder urgency from peripheral neuropathy. and neurosarcoidosis.

I am not truly incontinent as long as i am near a bathroom but that limits my life so much that its a lot better just to wear diapers and go when i need to.

I also have diabetes and some night i have to pee 5 to 6 times a night and with insomnia and other sleep problems like sleep apnea I wear a diaper with stuffers because if i get up to pee it takes 30 min to a hour to get back to sleep but if i just pee in the diaper i can go right back to sleep in minutes

i have urge incontinence that resulted from an unexpected side effect of surgery when I was 14 years old. We discovered that hard way that I have an inherited bleeding disorder similar to hemophilia. Excessive abdominal bleeding following the surgery led to a severe infection, which in turn seems to have produced some kind of nerve damage that causes the incontinence. I am extremely fortunate that, except for the incontinence, I recovered completely and have been reasonably healthy for many years. My heart goes out to those of you whose incontinence is only one of a long list of medical problems.

• 1 month later...

I have nerve damage to the bladder from having 3 low back surguries so I have been back in diapers since 1983 and at first I thought like I couldn't go out with a diaper on let alone go back to school, But as soon as I started going out more I noticed that others didn't notice I was wearing diapers and I went back to school and made it back to work also, So having to wear diapers full time didn't mean the end of everything just a new way to do it.

• Like 1

Stroke in 1977. Now that I have other issues, I have an appointment with a neurosurgeon next week. They may be able to address my night incontinence as well.

I wish you well :thumbsup: Of all the medical field, I respect these folks more than most. It takes a huge amount of skill to work in the micro-environment they do, even with all the modern technical instruments they now have. Good Luck on the surgery :)

Bettypooh

• 2 weeks later...

I have to wear protection due to prostate removal due to cancer. My doctor didn't do a great job of hooking up my uretha so I leak most of the time. I wear diaper to bed and during the day I use pull-up Depend or guards. I wet everynight just because I like to.

Stroke in 1977. Now that I have other issues, I have an appointment with a neurosurgeon next week. They may be able to address my night incontinence as well.

Well the Neurosurgeon told me that I don't have Parkinsons. Now they are checking for vitamin deficiency and or brain tumor. (gotta love MRI's and bloodwork) The last thing I was told is that some older people just lose muscle control and we have no explaination for it.

Not likely a tumor- they're pretty aggressive there so you'd probably be seeing more symptoms than it seems. Nutrition/vitamins/minerals all do have something to do with how well nerve connections work, but it usually takes a large deficiency to have much effect and again that's unlikely. Don't give up hope and keep pressing the doctors to figure this out- it may take some time but it's rare that no cause can be found even when it's one they can't fix. My Mom has dizzy spells that her doctors say they can't find a cause for, but her doctors suck. The problem with her is that she likes them and won't see any others and we can't convince here to try so it's just something we're all having to deal with now.

Bettypooh

• 4 weeks later...

I have intercystal cystitis, a painful disease that causes my bladder to go into spasms. I will go 20 to 30 times per day. It also numbs the nerves so I lose control at times. I wear diapers every night, due to bedwetting, and daytime during my flareups.

for IC try to find your trigger.... it turned out for me it was artifcial sweeteners.... stopped drinking diet soda and 90% of the flare ups went away!... as for my other bladder issues no luck.....

i wear diapers from multiple reasons

urethral stricture disease ( recurring strictures from birth defect)

neurogenic bladder (most likely caused from many bladder infection's triggered by the blockages caused by the above) as well as damage from a couple of surgeries to correct the above issue... :(

and Interstitial Cystitis mostly managed from the above statement...

• 3 weeks later...

Cancer for me.

I usually wear Tena guards during the day, and sometimes depends for men during stressful times. For sleeping, it is Depends for men, even though they sometimes leak due to heavy output. But i have a crib size waterproof mattress pad on my side of the bed. I use diapers at night when traveling for work, or visiting relatives, etc., to insure I don't have a wet bed.

Cancer for me.

I usually wear Tena guards during the day, and sometimes depends for men during stressful times. For sleeping, it is Depends for men, even though they sometimes leak due to heavy output. But i have a crib size waterproof mattress pad on my side of the bed. I use diapers at night when traveling for work, or visiting relatives, etc., to insure I don't have a wet bed.

Welcome to DD and I hope they've gotten it in remission with you. I smoke and have had polyps removed from my colon so the big "C" is a big worry of mine. I really need to do better taking care of me :(

Bettypooh